Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished catching up to these Sony announcements. Ah... they are seriously selling a PS5 Pro (likely this year) with such a weak lineup? For real?

Last edited:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Astro Bot does look like a pretty fantastic 3D platformer. Hope it and Playroom come to PC eventually, though they're designed very specifically around the DualSense controller so I won't get my hopes up too high.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hopefully Astro Bot sells well. Buy honestly I'm not expecting the game to sell something crazy like 15 million units are anything like that. But it also likely was a lot cheaper and hopefully quicker to make than a lot of others Sony's recent games. Showing them that they can still make "smaller" unique titles that people enjoy and how it's not all about AAA open world cinematic experiences.

Which also sort of contradicts itself since they did have some smaller scale games like Sackboy but that didn't seem to set the world on fire or anything.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
If GOW Ragnarok is being worked on by Jetpack Interactive and Until Dawn by Ballistic Moon I wonder what's going to be Nixxes next port... TLOU2?

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
If GOW Ragnarok is being worked on by Jetpack Interactive and Until Dawn by Ballistic Moon I wonder what's going to be Nixxes next port... TLOU2?
The Last of Us Season 2 is set to come out at some point in 2025 so I'm guessing Sony will want to have the PC port of TLOU2 ready for around the TV show launch. Good cross promotion opportunities.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Hopefully Astro Bot sells well. Buy honestly I'm not expecting the game to sell something crazy like 15 million units are anything like that. But it also likely was a lot cheaper and hopefully quicker to make than a lot of others Sony's recent games. Showing them that they can still make "smaller" unique titles that people enjoy and how it's not all about AAA open world cinematic experiences.

Which also sort of contradicts itself since they did have some smaller scale games like Sackboy but that didn't seem to set the world on fire or anything.
I'm quite curious about the price of some of the stuff they showed yesterday.

That Overwatch clone is a paid game which is kind of mindblowing to me but maybe they see Helldivers and think they can get away with charging $40 for it. But if it ends up being $60-70 it's a guaranteed bomba (and I already think that's going to be the case).

As for Astro Bot, I read somewhere that it has 80 levels and in an interview the studio head said it's a very, very big game. To me that says they're going to charge $70 for it, or at least $60. I don't think anyone but Nintendo can really get away with charging full price for a 3D platformer. Who knows though, the reaction to the trailer has been super positive.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

They did a ton of experimental stuff on PS3 and Vita and most of it flopped. Tearaway, Puppeteer, Rain...
They tried to give Gravity Rush a second chance with a remaster and a sequel on PS4 and nobody cared.
They stuck with The Last Guardian through 9 years of development when most publishers would've pulled the plug on it and supposedly the game didn't even break 2 million lifetime sales.
Now we're in an era where more than half of PSN revenue comes from just 10 games.
Ideally they would still make these indie style games and release them on steam day 1 to make them viable. These games don't move hardware so there's no point in keeping them exclusive and they'd definitely do better on steam than on PS5.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
What's this about?
A little late on the reply, but the big picture overlay (maybe the regular overlay too?) performs kind of poorly seemingly pretty much everywhere that isn't the Steam Deck. Hopefully this beta helps. I haven't actually tried it yet, even though the update was a few days ago.

Reactions: Alexandros
Status
Not open for further replies.