Community New music / recommendations

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
New album by Beth Gibbons

She's of course more well known as the singer from Portishead (but they're not exactly releasing a lot)

22 years ago, she also did an album together with Paul Webb (from Talk Talk)

All of these albums are of course highly recommended :)

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I was at Extrema Outdoor yesterday, a festival focused on techno and house with more than 100 DJ's on 8 unique districts. The festival was sold out this year for the first time, with 30000 visitors on each of the 3 days which is a lot for a small country like Belgium.

Techno is becoming a lot more popular in our country lately, especially among 30+ people who like electronic music but dislike the modern EDM. Belgian techno DJ's like Charlotte De Witte and Amelie Lens becoming popular worldwide also helped a lot to bring the genre to a wider audience.

My favorite DJ set was definitely the 2.5 hours set from Joris Voorn. He manages to combine melodic sounds with a decent techno kick and baseline, resulting in music that's both fun to listen and to dance on.

Here is his last production, and he also has a free weekly podcast on SoundCloud where you can find lots of his own sets and guest mixes. I can't recommend this guy enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Stevey