News [4Chan Leak] Frontier Developments Roadmap

the_marmolade

La-li-lu-le-lo
Sep 19, 2018
On Sunday 14th of April a Random 4Chan poster made an thread about upcoming yet to be announce Frontier developed games and DLC. As of today one of the announce DLC Jurassic World Evolution Carnivore Pack that was mention in this post turn out to be true, so this looks like a pretty solid leak.

Here the unannounced projects:
1. Planet Zoo (Project Darwin) - Announcing this month or next. Releasing October. PC only based on Planet Coaster. Cool weather effects, actually looks fairly okay. DLC packs every 3 months or so with the first being around December.
2. JWE2 (Project Galileo) - This is the “new” IP that was mentioned recently. Just a sequel to JWE. Releasing 2021. We can’t fix JWE so we are going to make a new one.
3. Planet Coaster 2 (Project Einstein) - In talks with Disney about licensing. Not much info on this yet.
4. Project Marconi - A real time strategy game. Man v Machine and Lego Star Wars are both being worked on.
5. Jurassic World Survival. A Jurassic World themed survival game. Not much info on this at the moment.

Source: /v/ - Frontier Developments Roadmap - Video Games - 4chan

Reactions: PhaZZe

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I've Planet Coaster on Steam but none of their games really got my attention. They seem like one of those sim games fun for two to five hours, but that can't keep up after that.

Planet Zoo might be interesting, if, and a big if, they have learned from feedback and manage to pull something out with depth. Same goes for JW Survival.

Nirvash

Feb 25, 2019
4. Project Marconi - A real time strategy game. Man v Machine and Lego Star Wars are both being worked on.
If I'm reading this properly... they're pitching a Lego Star Wars RTS? I'm down.

Funny enough a Flash based Lego (was one of their original space IPs) RTS was what got me into the genre. Ah, memories.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Planet Zoo sounds great, if they have so many options like planet coaster im in

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Planet Zoo sounds great, if they have so many options like planet coaster im in
hopefully the management side will be better ... Planet Coaster is incredible when it comes to building stuff ... but management - ugh, it's awful

Reactions: PhaZZe

Velasco

When you escape to a desert the silence shouts
Apr 17, 2019
3. Planet Coaster 2 (Project Einstein) - In talks with Disney about licensing. Not much info on this yet.
It would be great if they get the Disney license.Maybe officially licensed content could be added as DLC to the existing game.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Some interesting stuff, but I will continually be saddened that The Outsider is not listed