Opinion A New Year's gaming resolution

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
This is appropriate day to have this talk.

mine:
1. not to buy more than 1/5th of amount of games finished in 2019
2. finish at least 10 games that I started in 2018
3. get to 225 steam perfect games
4. less talk, more playing (this never works, but it shouldn't stop me from trying, right?)

OP
suiko

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
nonono, you can't get away with this, make at least one promise!

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i never make promises i can't keep ... so ... nope :p

i'm hopeless when it comes to my backlog and gaming in general, lol

Reactions: RionaaM

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'd already decided that aside from a couple of games i've had my eye on that 2019 is going to be a year where i complete more games. I always get distracted by new stuff and have a ton of games 3/4 of the way through that i want to complete.

I'm going to try to put more money in my savings each month so going through my backlog/library will help especially as i bought the bloody things to play them! :)

Reactions: Milena and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
In 2019 I will probably change my mind about some things, first of all I will give less credit to Twitter because I have noticed that while it's a really cool place to discover new things it's at the same time a really depressing place sometimes where we can loose perspective of the big picture and sometimes a big group can make you feel bad for having a certain opinion that goes against the general consensus (in this case why I only use Steam, GOG and Itch on PC and will never use any other thing)

I will also try to get a balance between what I buy and what I play, this year has been a bit unbalanced because I bought 112 games but only 36 were beaten, I also spent a good amount of money and want to plan better my purchase schemes.

And of course I will try as hard as I can to make real some personal projects and will keep working as hard as I can.

Deleted member 113

I vow to:

-keep starting games, and not finish them;
-finish as few games as possible (52 games in a year? yeah right, I won't finish even 5! :p);
-buy as many games as I can (despite having a backlog that would last me several lifetimes);
-finally update my Origin account email (it's been 5 years since I have a new email address, and I still haven't updated my Origin account info :giggle:);
-not buy a single Epic Games Store exclusive (unless they release a new Unreal Tournament, and it's even better, and has more maps, than UT 2004; which means: never :cool:);
-play a lot of digital pinball;
-try not to forget to do Hitman 2's elusive targets, preferably before the very last few hours ( :unsure: );
-continue to play Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator listening to my cheesy, 80's pop compilations.

Yeah, that's about it. ;)

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
As I’ve mentioned here and there before, the wife and I are trying to pay off debt and become financially stable for the first time... ever. Therefore, this goes hand-in-hand with my 2019 gaming resolution:

1) After this Winter Sale, keep my purchases as non-existent as possible; I have plenty of games I need to play and beat on Steam.

3) If I simply must buy a game... I must play immediately and try to beat the game before moving on. (This is tough for me.)

4) Do my best to wait for games to go on sale before I buy them. Paying $20 for AC: O was better than paying $60. However, when it comes to games at MSRP, I’m good gaming gaming resolution #3. What up, Far Cry 5?!

5) I will epically stay away from new storefronts.

6) Get to know more people here.

7) Try new game genres.

8) Be kind to all and stay positive.

9) Only visit the PC thread at Era.

10) Give more, but not gift lashman. 😂

Bonus: I suck at promises.

Rhaknar

MetaMember
Nov 6, 2018
I had 2 new years resolution for 2018 (at least that I remember)

play a 4X game
play a VN

I failed the first but I did start playing 999 recently (got one ending so far) so hey, half is better than none.

for 2019 I have atm:

"play these big games you own and havent played for whatever reason"

Your Dishonored 2s, Evil Within 2s, Uncharted 4s and the like.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I had 2 new years resolution for 2018 (at least that I remember)

play a 4X game
play a VN

I failed the first but I did start playing 999 recently (got one ending so far) so hey, half is better than none.

for 2019 I have atm:

"play these big games you own and havent played for whatever reason"

Your Dishonored 2s, Evil Within 2s, Uncharted 4s and the like.
Awesome, 999 is incredible, one of my favorite games of all time. Hope you like it! And I suggest getting every ending, they all have something interesting going on.

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
My Gaming Resolutions for 2019 are:

• Playing through Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider series of games. I want to brush up with these 2 series, for Tomb Raider I would focus on the 6 games that are on Steam & the Prince of Persia I would go for the PS2 games from Ubisoft. I want to get to know these games, & with not that many games that I'm interested in 2019, I should be good for clearing them up.
  • Branch out to more RPGs. I've been meaning to get into more RPGs, but they're very taxing for me. I'm huddling some up for 2019, & I expect to play them more often. So far I have in mind:
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia
    • Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
    • Hylics
    • YIIK: A Post Modern RPG - Just finished the heck out of this game, clocked in at 60 hours, not a bad game overall, but not many people will like it.
  • Throttling through the backlog of games to cap off or complete games that I've started & neglected. This should be fairly easy as I don't have that many games like that under my belt.
  • Lastly, reaching 300 Physical PS3 games collected. I currently have 236 games on hand, so rounding it up is just a matter of finding them at really good prices. Thankfully pawn shops have been getting a truckload after the holidays so that's where I'm headed.
I expect to at least complete 2 out of the 4 goals I have listed. This should be an exciting year full of announcements & unexpected thrills.

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
My Gaming Resolutions for 2019 are:

• Playing through Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider series of games. I want to brush up with these 2 series, for Tomb Raider I would focus on the 6 games that are on Steam & the Prince of Persia I would go for the PS2 games from Ubisoft. I want to get to know these games, & with not that many games that I'm interested in 2019, I should be good for clearing them up.
Oh Prince of Persia is a good one! I still need to beat The Warrior Within and The Two Thrones myself.

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
My resolution is simple this year, I'm not spending on games that are going to Xbox Game Pass like I did this year. I bought both Sea of Thieves and FH4 despite being subbed to gamepass. I don't think I'm going to need to do that this year.

Rhaknar

MetaMember
Nov 6, 2018
Awesome, 999 is incredible, one of my favorite games of all time. Hope you like it! And I suggest getting every ending, they all have something interesting going on.
I am both liking it, a lot more than expected aswell, and im getting all the endings following a spoiler-free guide (basically just tells you which doors to take), I got 2 endings so far.

Reactions: lashman and RionaaM

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I am both liking it, a lot more than expected aswell, and im getting all the endings following a spoiler-free guide (basically just tells you which doors to take), I got 2 endings so far.
Are you playing it on PC? Because that version has a flowchart, but I don't know how it was implemented since I haven't tried that port yet. I had to use a spoiler-free flowchart too on the DS game, because some endings required a very specific set of steps to reach them.

Rhaknar

MetaMember
Nov 6, 2018
Are you playing it on PC? Because that version has a flowchart, but I don't know how it was implemented since I haven't tried that port yet. I had to use a spoiler-free flowchart too on the DS game, because some endings required a very specific set of steps to reach them.
PC using the flowchart yeah. according to this guide the only endings that require anything special are 1 and 6 (6 being the true ending), the rest are just door choices