|OT| A Tale of Two Wastelands 3.2 (FNV mod) | No, This Train Doesn't Stop in West Virginia

Krakn3dfx

Sean Murray Apologist
Dec 17, 2018
Denver-ish, CO
This was (more or less) originally posted by me on another forum, but since I have roughly 2000 hours into New Vegas and another 1200 or so into Fallout 3, and this is one of my favorite mods for any game ever, I thought I would repost it here, Most people seem to be largely unaware of the work being done on TTW and what it adds to the New Vegas/Fallout 3 experience.

TTW 3.2

FAQ

What is Tale of Two Wastelands? From the above FAQ:

Tale of Two Wastelands is a total conversion project that seamlessly merges Fallout 3 and its DLC into Fallout: New Vegas, allowing both games to be played in a single play-through. It upgrades Fallout 3's mechanics to those of FNV without compromising the feel and balance of the original. New Vegas mechanics like companion wheel, companion perks, weapon mods, crafting, recipes, harvest-able plants, and poisons have been added to the DC wasteland items, NPCs, and world.
Requirements:

TTW requires a clean Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas installation. They cannot be modded at all. The installer supports the Fallout 3 Retail, Steam, and GoG Game of the Year Editions and the New Vegas Steam and GoG Ultimate versions. All DLC is required. English only. That means North American and Western European releases patched to their latest versions. _lang.esp translations will break the game.

After a clean install run each game launcher to generate the necessary registry keys. The installer won’t detect the games otherwise.

You will also need 22GB of free hard drive space in order to run the installer.
Youtube Installation Guide for TTW 3.2

I've been using TTW since 2.9.4 launched, and it's a great way to bring the mechanics and added stability of New Vegas into Fallout 3. It also supports quite a few mods, and more mods will be ported over in time that were supported into 2.9.4 no doubt.

If there's interest, I'll add more TTW compatible/recommended mods to the OP as I come across them.

TTW Quick Start - Skips the entire Vault 101 sequence and starts you at the door to exit the vault.

Project Nevada Core Patch - ESP update that allows you to use Project Nevada in TTW 3.2

Realistic Wasteland Lighting - TTW 3.2 compatible update for RWL

Chesko's Better Balanced Backpacks