PSA AMD R9 Nano

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Don't buy it... It's loud, expensive and the AMD driver thingie keeps annoying the living shit out of me.

Outside of those issues it's actually a good small form factor GPU which could have a place in a small PC attached to the TV, but it's so loud that it's really damn annoying to use as such.

Reactions: lashman

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Have you tried undervolting it? AMD GPUs usually tend to undervolt nicely which helps keep the temps down and fan noise along with it.

Reactions: Nahkapukki
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
It's the coil whine. BZZZZZZZZZZT! I've already traded this in once and the store just said that they won't trade again because they all have that. :D
Post automatically merged:

why would ANYONE buy an AMD GPU? :p
It was (could still be) the best small form factor card out there if you consider only power.

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I did shop smart! :D It was only 300€ and it was the only card that fit in my poor mans case back then. Now I have a proper case and MOBO so the Nano is pissing me off. I would buy a new one (most likely 1070ti) but I'm waiting for the prices to drop a bit.

But hell no I'm not getting AMD anytime soon. Needs to be a really special in power:price ratio.

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I gave the thing away to my friend who still uses Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 with some ancient AMD GPU. I'm also giving him my 750ti so he can upgrade that away. The 750ti was a tight fit in to the mobo/case combo. :p

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Thought you were mad. :D I'm fine with the rest of my build it's just the GPU that unnerves me.

Grr... Looking at the 2000 series from Nvidia. Some of the cards feel pointless due to 1000 series still being quite overpowered in 1080P gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnitzelfee