News Anno 1800 moving to EGS after release (exclusive)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Ubisoft is partnering with Epic Games store for Anno 1800

Following the successful launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 on PC on the Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games store, we are announcing today that we are partnering with Epic Games on Anno 1800 as well. Players can now pre-order the Deluxe and Standard editions of Anno 1800 on PC on the Epic Games store. Moreover, all players will be able to try Anno 1800 via the Open Beta, scheduled from April 12 to April 14, by downloading the game on Uplay or via the Epic Games store. Once the game has been released on April 16, 2019, Anno 1800 will only be available digitally on the Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games store. Pre-orders on Steam can be made until the release of the game. Everyone who pre-ordered Anno 1800 on Steam will be able to play the game upon release and will automatically get all future updates and content.

Frequently asked questions

Will the game stay in Steam libraries for those that have preordered?
If you pre-ordered the game via Steam, it will remain in your library. You will be able to launch the game through your Steam client, and you will receive all content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts. Ubisoft is committed to provide the same experience to all Anno players regardless of their point of purchase.

Can I preorder Anno 1800 on Steam?
Yes, while the game will be available for digital purchase only on Uplay and the Epic Games store after April 16, Anno 1800 can be preordered on Steam until this point. If you preorder the game on Steam, you will be able to play with others who purchased the game on other digital storefronts and get all the upcoming content and patches that will be released after launch.
Whether you have preordered or not, we hope you will join us for the Open Beta on April 12th.

Will Steam players be able to play with all other players?
Yes, Steam players will be able to play online with the same players as Uplay or Epic Games store players. Anno 1800’s multiplayer modus is handled via Uplay regardless of your chosen digital storefront, and will always allow all players to play with and against each other.

Will Steam CS still support players if the game will not officially be on their platform anymore?
As usual, for any support inquiries concerning the Steam store environment, you will still get in contact with the Steam customer support team. For any game related issue, such as technical problems with the game itself, our Ubisoft customer support will provide assistance.

Will the experience for Steam players be the same as Uplay players?
Everyone who pre-ordered Anno 1800 on Steam will be able to play the game upon its release on April 16 2019 and will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.

Will future patch and content be available to Steam players?
Steam buyers will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.

Will the previous Anno titles still be on Steam?
There are currently no plans to remove any of the previous Anno games from Steam’s storefront.

Will my Steam preorder be cancelled?
All pre-orders on Steam will be fulfilled. Everyone who pre-ordered Anno 1800 on Steam will be able to play the game upon its release on April 16 2019, and will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.

Will Steam receive updates/patches like the other platforms?
You will receive all content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.

Will the Open Beta be available on Steam?
The Open Beta will be available to all players through Uplay PC and Epic Games store.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
FWIW, you can still preorder it on steam right now.

I did it because i was really looking forward to it, but feel kidna dirty about supporting this.
I'll keep the preorder until release and see how reviews turn out so i can refund it easily.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
pretty sure this confirms we won't be seeing ANY new games from ubi on steam anymore (contrary to what they claimed after Division announcement) ... if they're making EVEN THIS one exclusive ...

Tim ''We don't want to do that ever again'' Sweeney
... after this time

5 minutes pass, another exclusive with pre-orders on steam announced

... no, no, this time for realsies

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
pretty sure this confirms we won't be seeing ANY new games from ubi on steam anymore (contrary to what they claimed after Division announcement) ... if they're making EVEN THIS one exclusive ...

... after this time

5 minutes pass, another exclusive with pre-orders on steam announced

... no, no, this time for realsies
That would be their loss. I think I've had enough FC for one lifetime.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
The Open Beta will be available to all players through Uplay PC and Epic Games store.

What a fancy way to say no.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

What a fancy way to say no.
yeah ... at this point i think it's safe to say ubi are done with steam completely ...

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
This roller coaster of EGS/PC news is getting exhausting.

I have more of a passing interest on Anno so you probably not cave this time like I did on the "grace" period of Metro, but this sucks.

Again, can't see any reason why anyone would get it on EGS, so... good for Ubisoft I guess.... sigh.

And yes, the we can now add the ''We don't want to do that ever again'' to the list of bs they said. What a shocker!

Reactions: oipic
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm not too concerned by it. I've grown tired of their games over and over again.

They will crawl back to Steam, I assume.
i'm sure they will eventually ... but it's probably going to take a few years at the very least

not like they'll be able to admit moving completely to udontplay hasn't hurt their sales (EA sure hasn't ... to this day ... even though it ABSOLUTELY did)

This roller coaster of EGS/PC news is getting exhausting.
well, i mean - this whole thing is pretty simple for me really ... to this day i don't own a SINGLE ubi game directly on udontplay ... and i don't plan on changing that ... if they stop releasing their games on steam - i'll stop buying their games, i have absolutely no problem doing that, no matter how much i like some of their franchises

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
well, i mean - this whole thing is pretty simple for me really ... to this day i don't own a SINGLE ubi game directly on udontplay ... and i don't plan on changing that ... if they stop releasing their games on steam - i'll stop buying their games, i have absolutely no problem doing that, no matter how much i like some of their franchises
I was in the middle of the road before all of this. I think I own... maybe 2 of their recent releases directly on Uplay. One was from an Nvidia promo (Watch Dogs 2) and the other (Far Cry 5) because the key seller Nuuvem had a very good pre-release deal. The rest I bought on Steam even if it was like 15% more expensive.

While I don't know (yet) if I'm going to stop buying their games completely, this will surely make me buy less. Anno is the perfect example of a game that it went on my wishlist and then maybe I got it on a small sale, so that's one less sale right there.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I was in the middle of the road before all of this. I think I own... maybe 2 of their recent releases directly on Uplay. One was from an Nvidia promo (Watch Dogs 2) and the other (Far Cry 5) because the key seller Nuuvem had a very good pre-release deal. The rest I bought on Steam even if it was like 15% more expensive.

While I don't know (yet) if I'm going to stop buying their games completely, this will surely make me buy less. Anno is the perfect example of a game that it went on my wishlist and then maybe I got it on a small sale, so that's one less sale right there.
i'm definitely done with them ... if they don't want my money - then they won't be getting it ... it really is as simple as that

and i'm not even angry, not really ... i just don't really care tbh, and i'm sure they don't either

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wow! This is what having your cake and eating it too looks like. All the Steam preorders (just after finishing up the Publisher sale which brought attention to their upcoming titles), the game available on UPlay and an Epic moneyhat. You can't blame Ubisoft too much, ha. They're basically getting paid by Epic to make a shift to their own UPlay like it was obvious was a desire of theirs so they no longer had to pay Steam (and they kept driving UPlay acceptance by incorporating it in all their games anyway). Steam is in a weird position too, they can't really ban such things with arbitrary standards that they will keep trying to evade anyway. They will honor preorders on Steam so that's giving them a free pass to get all the Steam marketing they can on top of all this even though the game will not be sold here past its Epic/UPlay launch! Ubisoft's being pretty damn clever with how they take advantage of this whole situation. And nobody is even batting an eye at such preferential treatment either, an exclusivity deal without exclusivity and likely most sales coming from UPlay/retail. A Steam embargo deal! And all this just after Epic claimed they didn't want another Metro Exodus situation! HEALTHY PC COMPETITION FOLKS! LOL! Repost, whatever, sue me :p

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Can Epic do the same thing with EA games? Would EA go for it or consider them more of a threat than Ubisoft does since, to me at least, Origin doesn't seem as well regarded as UPlay (probably in part because they didn't stick with Steam to expand Origin's reach like Ubisoft did for UPlay and fucked off too early)? It would be pretty big for them to be the only other store to have stuff like Battlefield but maybe EA wouldn't perceive it as advantageous as it is for Ubisoft.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
With all the games that drop on Steam--thanks, Tizoc,--I'm not too worried about the other games. I seldom really miss a game that goes to Uplay, Origin, Blizzard, or GoG. (I left out Epic on purpose--I don't even knowledge 'em. Some of the clients will go the way or Desura, I'm sure; GoG and Blizzard are probably going nowhere.

Deleted member 113

FWIW, you can still preorder it on steam right now.
Yes, I can. But will I? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :p

I did it because i was really looking forward to it, but feel kidna dirty about supporting this.
I won't tell you what to do with your money.
But, do consider that, as long as people support things like these, they'll keep doing worse and worse.
It's like they're testing the limits of what their customers will or will not tolerate. As long as people don't push back, they'll keep doing this, and worse.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Yes, I can. But will I? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :p

I won't tell you what to do with your money.
But, do consider that, as long as people support things like these, they'll keep doing worse and worse.
It's like they're testing the limits of what their customers will or will not tolerate. As long as people don't push back, they'll keep doing this, and worse.
You are absolutely correct.
I've just been so looking forward to the game, it looks legit incredible. ;_;

Fuck epic and ubi man

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I did not see this coming. No word that I see that would indicate eventual Steam release. This makes me sad.
yeah ... ubi are 100% gone ... it was pretty obvious since the Division announcement really, so this is not very surprising tbh

we all knew they were planning on doing this sooner or later .... guess they decided now would be a good time since epic was willing to LITERALLY pay them for it

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
yeah ... ubi are 100% gone ... it was pretty obvious since the Division announcement really, so this is not very surprising tbh

we all knew they were planning on doing this sooner or later .... guess they decided now would be a good time since epic was willing to LITERALLY pay them for it
I know, it's just that I really didn't expect them to yoink another game that's already on Steam.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I know, it's just that I really didn't expect them to yoink another game that's already on Steam.
eh, it's par for the course really

epic already proved there's no line they won't cross when it comes to pulling games away from steam ... not announcements, not logos in trailers, not pre-orders, not even crowdfunding promises

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Ubi should get as much shit for this as Epic. They've been wanting to leave steam for years now but were waiting for someone to be dumb enough to take the backlash for Ubi. Along comes Epic to PAY Ubi to be the fall guy, which is hilarious. Ubi gets the benefit of all the anger purchasers going to uplay instead while they and Epic conspire to eliminate key sites and retailers so they can erase consumer choice and reap higher margins.

Fuck Epic. Fuck Ubisoft. May you both have your own special pits in hell.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Ubi should get as much shit for this as Epic. They've been wanting to leave steam for years now but were waiting for someone to be dumb enough to take the backlash for Ubi. Along comes Epic to PAY Ubi to be the fall guy, which is hilarious. Ubi gets the benefit of all the anger purchasers going to uplay instead while they and Epic conspire to eliminate key sites and retailers so they can erase consumer choice and reap higher margins.

Fuck Epic. Fuck Ubisoft. May you both have your own special pits in hell.
well they're not getting anger purchases from me, i can tell you that much ... i have absolutely no problem leaving all their games behind (even though i fucking LOVE AssCreed)