Q&A Anyone here ever managed to play Warframe with controller vibration?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I've been trying to get vibration working on my controller for Warframe PC version for the past couple days, but to no avail. Without vibration, I don't feel any impact at all on the shootings. It feels so bland and dull. KB+mouse users keep championing the accuracy of a mouse for shooter games, but I can't relate to that notion at all. Without vibration, even shooting enemies at their face doesn't feel satisfying at all. I need real life feedback from the guns, and controller vibration is the only way to deliver it.

I've tried everything I found on Google and it still won't work on Warframe, and it's killing the game for me.

Reactions: lashman

voodoo

Dec 12, 2018
Works for me using XB1 controller (went to Fortuna, solo'd out he gate, and shooting primary makes the controller vibrate).
Post automatically merged:

'Enable Vibration' setting under 'Controls' is ticked yeah?

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Works for me using XB1 controller (went to Fortuna, solo'd out he gate, and shooting primary makes the controller vibrate).
Post automatically merged:

'Enable Vibration' setting under 'Controls' is ticked yeah?
Yes, it's the first thing I checked. I'm pretty sure it's already on by default.

What controller are you using?
Right, forgot to mention that. It's DS4.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It should work without problems.

The only time I had issues is when I let steam be the driver api but with windows native drivers it should work.
Windows native driver doesn't work, I have to use DS4Windows for the game to recognize my controller. And yet it still doesn't vibrate.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Can you try using the steam controller api instead DS4Windows? There must be a config there that enables vibration.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Sorry for the late replies, I was busy with New Lunar Year celebration with my family yesterday.

Can you try using the steam controller api instead DS4Windows? There must be a config there that enables vibration.
I've tried both, and still no luck. Vibration works in every other game, but not Warframe. So it must be the game's config, not Steam/DS4Windows API.

Ryochan7/DS4Windows this build? Also try to enable Hide DS4 Controller option
I still use the regular build from the official site. Might check that out later, thanks.

Do you play with big picture mode?
or
Does the onscreen keyboard comes up when you click some text field inside the game?
I've tried both in big picture and non-big picture mode, still the same.