|OT| Asking for PC Ports Nicely - Banned topic? Not here.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
"God, I need [insert game(s)] on PC!" (shake fist)

4k resolution, wide screen support, high framerate, modding, ease of archiving, infinite backward compatibility... Yes, I think we can all agree that PC is the best place to play games. But the sad thing is, not all games come to PC, and there are so many games that forever stuck on consoles, especially, consoles with offline marketplace. These games deserve a second chance, a second life. And we PC gamers can give them that.

So, tell me those games that you want on PC. Through Steam or whatever storefronts you prefer (except šŸ„š). No emulation required.

Remember, be nice. (or not)

Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3

SEGA, these two games are stuck on PSP when 1 and 4 are on PC, and both of them are reasonably good ports. Now, could you please put some work into these two games and port them to PC? Especially VC3 as it has no localization. What a crime, because its story and characters are often hailed as the best among the four mainline games.

If they don't sell particularly well, remember that you can always take money from humble bundle as well as Xbox, like what you are doing with Yakuza lately. I am also confident that MC members will shill the hell out of them. So, more happy PC gamers, more sales. Win-win, right?

Last edited:
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I edited the OP so no one needs to be nice on Internet.
Remember, be nice. (or not)
It was a joke, btw. No restraint. Just fire away.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
All I want is the rest of Tales of games on Steam. Bring them over, Bamco. :blobeyes:
I remember reading an interview of the producer of Tales who said that the team want to make more remasters but they need to focus on Arise now. Can't find the interview but I would say it is reasonable to expect another remaster arriving in 2022 or 23.

Reactions: texhnolyze

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Where to start.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Jet Set Radio Future
Burning Rangers
Shining Force 3

Ah, screw it. Pretty much all of the Sega Saturn/Dreamcast exclusives.

Pretty much anything Square did during the PS1 era.

I mean an emulator with a working ROM file would do me.

• Gib
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Vagrant Story would be my dream game. Just porting it over as is would be a great, I don't trust square of today to remaster it.
Well, maybe add widescreen and modernize the rendering a bit. They did a bunch of tricky business in that one to "fake" some effects that we take for granted today, and redoing them with todays rendering tech would be nice. As an option at least.

Another one I'm always hoping for is Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter from Capcom. Even going so far as to delay and delay playing it again on emulator, just in case they port it. :surrenderblob:

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
CTRL+F: Vagrant

Vagrant Story would be my dream game. Just porting it over as is would be a great, I don't trust square of today to remaster it.

My work here is done. :flare_mogu:

Xeno* games would probably be my pick next, especially Xenogears. I probably don't mind it so much if they would rework the combat a little bit. Deathblows were kind of cool at first but it gets old very fast without turbo mode.

And to round it up: Brandish TDR. It's a shame that it'll be forever stuck on PSP because it is a great blobber.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Suikoden 1, 2 and 3 please (lmao this is even less likely than everything else in this thread, except the other Konami properties).

Also I will second the calls for Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Oh, so we're gonna do this thing? crack knuckles
Crimson Skies - High Road to Revenge

Drakan: The Ancients Gates

Both of these series started out as pc titles and the sequels are now stuck on their respective 6th gen consoles.
Damn it MS/Warner Bros, dont let them die!

The portable GTA's Chinatown Wars and Vice City Stories also deserve to be played by larger audiences

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Boom, finally a Bloodborne post. Thanks MaskedCircle for voicing out everyone's wish.
The portable GTA's Chinatown Wars and Vice City Stories also deserve to be played by larger audiences
Honestly I totally forgot the existence of Liberty City and Vice City Stories. I want to play them, too.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch, Switch 2 or PC.
It's all i can think of really.

I know it's playable and completable on CEMU but i want it native, goddammit!
So much this. The most ambitious JRPG ever made, period. And Monolith Soft actually pulled it off, on a fucking Wii U.

I played the whole game and still get blown away by this trailer, because the game is exactly what this trailer shows.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's still installed on my Wii-U and on my PC, i'll probably fire it up again and start a new game in the Autumn. It's not perfect obviously, i'd like a media player so when you activate the Skell you can choose the music that plays, i'd like a better way of keeping track of NPCs, i play with XP and Friend Point boosts because it's too stingy otherwise but aside from that it's one of my favorite games ever and i'm still holding out hope that we get XCX2 at some point.

Apparently Monolith havce said that although the Switch is much more powerful than the Wii U the game would be a total pig to port which makes me sad but makes me want XCX2 even more.

The screenshots i took are still the majority of images in my wallpaper playlist on my work desktops. People still make build videos and combat guides for the game too. For me, the Wii U was 100% worth it just for allowing XCX to exist and be as awesome as it is.

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
Bloodborne
Shadow of the Colossus
...Probably Spider-Man? I have yet to play enough of the PS4 Pro version to understand if I ACTUALLY like it or if it would turn out to be another snooze fest like Horizon Zero Down. What I know is that playing it at 30 fps sucks.

These are pretty much the current exclusives that I would actually care about to get on PC and I think are realistic to expect.
Then comes a bunch of other titles I would welcome but I'm not particularly excited about, like Persona 5 (I stopped playing the emulated version precisely when the rumor of a Windows version started circulating).

As a general rule, I'd want EVERTHING to be on PC by default, anyway.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Sony need to port everything, including Gravity Rush:D
It's still installed on my Wii-U and on my PC, i'll probably fire it up again and start a new game in the Autumn. It's not perfect obviously, i'd like a media player so when you activate the Skell you can choose the music that plays, i'd like a better way of keeping track of NPCs, i play with XP and Friend Point boosts because it's too stingy otherwise but aside from that it's one of my favorite games ever and i'm still holding out hope that we get XCX2 at some point.

Apparently Monolith havce said that although the Switch is much more powerful than the Wii U the game would be a total pig to port which makes me sad but makes me want XCX2 even more.

The screenshots i took are still the majority of images in my wallpaper playlist on my work desktops. People still make build videos and combat guides for the game too. For me, the Wii U was 100% worth it just for allowing XCX to exist and be as awesome as it is.
To me, the biggest grievance of Xeno X would be character models. Poor Lin gets bought up in every XCX discussion. I don't particularly like some tracks as well but they probably can't be changed in a remaster.

I am also a firm believer that XCX2 will happen down the road. Takahashi doesn't seem like the person who leaves stuff unexplained, and Nintendo treat the IP pretty well so they will probably give a greenlight if Monolith want to do it.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Apart from Valkyria Chronicles, the other Valkyrie series need to come to PC, too. I am talking about Valkyrie Profile.

Valkyrie Profile 1 is one of my favorite JRPGs ever. It is also a perfect game with tons to love and without noticeable flaws. I would pay big money for a complete package including the sequel Silmeria and the NDS spinoff.

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Apr 18, 2019
+1 for the Metal Gears

Also would be nice to see the Fable games; Fable 1 has 2 versions for sale both fucked in their own specific individual ways, Fable 2 (arguably the best) never saw the PC at all, Fable 3 is delisted due to infestation by GFWL.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Also would be nice to see the Fable games; Fable 1 has 2 versions for sale both fucked in their own specific individual ways, Fable 2 (arguably the best) never saw the PC at all, Fable 3 is delisted due to infestation by GFWL.
This would be nice.. I have played both 2 and 3 on console. Both are good games. If a PC port does happen, the first thing I will do is to turn down the bloom in 2 because those god rays are way too over.

Speaking of Microsoft's games, Gears 2 and 3 (and Judgement) could also use a PC port, as 3 is still the best game in the series (and 5 is a close second).

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have Fable TLC, Fable Anniversary and Fable 3 on PC, but would love a trilogy fixing them.
yup, same ... also have all of them (well, the ones that were actually released on PC)

but yeah - a new Trilogy remaster (they don't even have to remake it) would be amazing

• This!
Reactions: Prodigy and Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It'a good to have dreams but oooof, i can't see Mario Kart PC happening anytime soon but Sonic Transformed and Garfield Kart do need some competition in the Kart Racing scene on PC for sure. I wonder, would it clean up or does everyone who wants to play it already have it anyway?

gabbo I also, unironically like the Buffy game on OG Xbox. I was expecting trash and it turned out to be pretty damned good and kept me entertained for a good while. I used to fire it up every now and then for a couple of years afterwards too.

Reactions: Cacher and C-Dub

Magnamalo

Bearded sora
May 9, 2021
It'a good to have dreams but oooof, i can't see Mario Kart PC happening anytime soon but Sonic Transformed and Garfield Kart do need some competition in the Kart Racing scene on PC for sure. I wonder, would it clean up or does everyone who wants to play it already have it anyway?

gabbo I also, unironically like the Buffy game on OG Xbox. I was expecting trash and it turned out to be pretty damned good and kept me entertained for a good while. I used to fire it up every now and then for a couple of years afterwards too.
Just gotta wait for Nintendo to go bankrupt then it's guaranteed, any day now.
Jk but yeah wish there was more new Kart racers out there that's good and popular