Community Backlog Blitz Season 4 - Runs July 1 through September 30 with a raffle at the end

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We just finished a successful third season of the Backlog Blitz. We had 21 participants with 104 game goals set and 73 of them were completed. Congrats on clearing out those backlogs! Madventure was the big winner this time with winning the first draw of the prize for completing Mad Max. Make sure to congratulate them here or at the previous thread.

But that means it's time to start anew. The spreadsheet has been updated, the prize pool has been reset, and for whatever reason they keep releasing more games so you'll probably be able to find five more you want to complete.

Pick your games accordingly!

What it is:

It's a simple way to clear out some backlog games. You select a number of specific games you want to complete and if you complete them in a set time frame you have a chance to pick a game of your choice within the prize limits.

Rules:

Everyone shares the same rules so an agreed amount of time would be set (three months this time) and then a set amount of games you want to complete in that time (been using five games). You then pick your specific five games with the intention that you don't go changing it all the time. The idea isn't that once you beat some game you go and list it and mark it complete. Instead you pick five games to complete at the start of the Blitz and ideally you complete them as well as anything else you want to finish in that time.

Prize:

In the end I suggest a prize pool and a simple raffle done. I always chip in $20 to start it and accept any other additions. Raffle winners must use at least half but can go up to the full price of a game (capped at $60 if the prize pool gets large enough). Leftover goes to the next drawn winner until it gets down to $0 (or close enough at which point I'll just add it to the next Blitz).

Thoughts?

There's no entry fee or anything so there's really no loss for taking part or starting it and then ignoring it. It's just a fun way to clear out backlog games and have discussion about what you're completing. And commiserate if you pick a game you don't enjoy and sour one of your spots on your list.

I created the Google Sheet so feel free to add yourself and games:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

I changed to a hide until replied as I think some people had issues with the hide until reacted. Ask any questions and sorry for those that already posted their new lists in the previous thread. Feel free to just post it again here as we continue for the next three months here.

Good luck, everyone!

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Will try my luck again

My list will be:
  • Risen 3
  • Murder By Numbers
  • Outer Wilds
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Fable Anniversary
Should be doable

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Ah yeah, I should add my list here:

• Yoku's Island Express
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Torchlight II
  • Need For Speed Heat
  • Shovel Knight DLCs
For my own game completions I plan on considering each of the Shovel Knight DLCs as separate games but I'm grouping them for the Blitz. To my understanding, they're both full-length experiences.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm in as per usual.
Need to think about the games a bit though.
I have several games in progress at the moment so I'm probably adding at least one of those in there, but I also have a list of games on my own sheet that I've planned to potentially play this year, so.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I already started playing one of my planned Blitz games, but I think I am soon beating it. I guess I have to pick another one :)

Edit: Looks like I am already in the Blitz table :D

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I already started playing one of my planned Blitz games, but I think I am soon beating it. I guess I have to pick another one :)

Edit: Looks like I am already in the Blitz table :D
I left you and Parsnip because you both had linked to your spreadsheets and I didn't want to make you have to redo the link. Figured you could just remove yourself if you weren't wanting to participate!

Reactions: Parsnip

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I left you and Parsnip because you both had linked to your spreadsheets and I didn't want to make you have to redo the link. Figured you could just remove yourself if you weren't wanting to participate!
Oh, ok :)
Not a big deal for me. I have added five games now.

Battle Chef Brigade
Mega Man X4
Ori and the Blind Forest
Sonic Mania
Krater (?)

Not sure if I am going to play Krater yet. Bought it a long ago, and I want to play and beat games old games

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Alright, my list is as follows.

Outer Wilds
Astroneer
Ufouria
Faxanadu
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

I bought Outer Wilds and Astroneer from the sale so they are fresh and I started both of them for a little bit.
Then Ufouria and Faxanadu are my NES block, I played through both of them before but I have been meaning to replay them for probably decades now. Then Lightning Returns, I played a couple of hours it few years back, it's time to get it done.

Last edited:
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Krater (?)

Not sure if I am going to play Krater yet. Bought it a long ago, and I want to play and beat games old games
Fun fact, just like two weeks ago I went all over the internet trying to remember the name of Krater. I kept thinking the game had a Polish city's name for the title so I was stuck on Krakow, but also thought it was seven letters long so I was just stuck. Forgot what I searched to finally find it and then it turned out it wasn't what I thought it was and so it was all pointless.

Much like this anecdote.

But just amused to then have someone put it in their Blitz randomly!

Edit: Quick update for the prize at the end of last season's Blitz: Madventure made their pick for the prize and we have $16.72 leftover so that means a second person is up for picking a prize up to that value. That goes to Parsnip for completing Vagrant Story! Congrats!

Parsnip, send me a message here or on Discord with your selection and I'll get that moving your way. Congrats again!

Last edited:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Woohoo! I'll have to pick more games for this next one it got me to play through a bunch of games I was putting off that ended up being a lot of fun and I won something I wasn't expecting at all so that's totally awesome

Reactions: lashman
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Woohoo! I'll have to pick more games for this next one it got me to play through a bunch of games I was putting off that ended up being a lot of fun and I won something I wasn't expecting at all so that's totally awesome
This pretty much sums up entirely why I have fun running this thing here. I stole the idea from other folks (who got it from elsewhere) I'm sure, but I'm glad it's taken off here as it seems most people have a pretty good time and there's a prize at the end!

Edit: And the last Blitz prize has been selected. That leaves $0.73 so that's just added to this new Blitz which puts us at $25.73 currently.

Onward!

Last edited:

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
I'm in baby! This time... THIS TIME, I'll stick to it properly. Gonna manage my time well and stay organised!

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I always forget to include it but I was just reminded to give the info on how to chip in if you're interested:

Paypal - Wibblewozzer@gmail.com
Venmo - @Nicholas-Garboden
Square Cash App - $NicholasGarboden

I'll note when I receive money added and update the spreadsheet so that way it's all accounted for.

Edit: And with that $10 received from Nzyme which puts us up to $35.73 for the prize pool so far!

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
First time participating. Here is the list::

• Tacoma
  • Eternal Senia
  • Supraland Crash
  • Trails of Cold Steel
  • Watch Dogs (restart the whole playthrough after abandoning it two years ago)

Three short and two long games. Already started Cold Steel and Watch Dogs. Should be able to complete within three months.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
First time participating. Here is the list::

• Tacoma
  • Eternal Senia
  • Supraland Crash
  • Trails of Cold Steel
  • Watch Dogs (restart the whole playthrough afte abandoning it two years ago)

Three short and two long games. Already started Cold Steel and Watch Dogs. Should be able to complete within three months.
Don't believe you took part in it last time. Don't forget to go to the Sheet linked in the first post and add your name and games to the list. As long as you update before the drawing in three months marking what you've completed you'll be set but you're also welcome to go in and update which game you're playing or as you complete each game, too.

Reactions: Cacher

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Ok my list is as follows:
  • Time Travelers
  • Rune Factory 4 Special
  • Disco Elysium
  • Dragon Quest 3
  • Raging Loop

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Don't believe you took part in it last time. Don't forget to go to the Sheet linked in the first post and add your name and games to the list. As long as you update before the drawing in three months marking what you've completed you'll be set but you're also welcome to go in and update which game you're playing or as you complete each game, too.
Thank you for the reminder! Added the info to the spreadsheet.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
My list so far:
  • Alien Isolation
  • Dishonored Death of the Outsider
  • Thief Simulator
  • Call of Juarez
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm done with new games for the time being, so it's time to hit the backlog.

Haven't decided on my list yet, but I'm hoping I don't switch the games around too much this time.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Preliminary List:
  • Song of Saya
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
  • Life is Strange
  • Skautfold: Moonless Knight
  • Tomb Raider II
There's a bunch of other stuff I'm already playing cough Enderal, Final Fantasy XII cough, but I don't really want to put them on the list.
Might change it a bit depending on tomorrow's Choice, but who knows.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
My list going to be the following
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Book of Demons
  • Flashback
Probably not going to be finished within the set of time. But will be a fun challenge ;)

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Got my list ready:

• Ayahuasca - A weird trippy VR thing that I'm very curious about, even though it's a really short experience.
  • Death Stranding - For those who remember back to earlier this year, before the world ended, I won this in the first 2020 Backlog Blitz, so when it releases it'll be long overdue for me to play it.
  • Sonic Mania Plus - I played this originally on the Switch, but I never grabbed the Plus DLC. I have since got the original game in a bundle and bought the DLC in the Steam sale, so I'm going to try some of the new additions and play the game with a few more characters. For this specific run, I think I'll play through the game as Tails or Knuckles.
  • The Room VR: A Dark Matter - I've been looking for a good VR puzzle game, and apparently this one fits the bill. A lot of people highly rate it!
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne - I actually got this one free from Twitch Prime (a key that redeemed on the eggs), but since I've only played Season 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead I'm looking to get back into the series and pick up where I left off. I figure Michonne may get me into the mood for that.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finished Risen 3. Enjoyed it but have to think about it more to get a final verdct of it. Only thing I can say playing it in the span of a week made my butt hurt

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I beat The Messenger, but it wasn't one of my Blitz games.

Like I said before I wasn't sure if I was going to play Krater and now I remembered which game I was supposed to play for this Blitz. It's going to be DuckTales Remastered, So I am switching Krater for DuckTales

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Finished the main story in Book of Demons, but since the game got quite many achievements I will continue to grind the dungeons to unlocks some few more before I move on to the next game xD

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Book of Demons is very grindy, so I started to play Serial Cleaner too when killing demons and such gets a wee boring 😉

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Hell yeah, I'm down!

Going with the following games:

• Mushroom 11
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Technobabylon
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Yoku's Island Express

Last edited:

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Congrats Madventure
God damn, I'm pathetic. Can't even finish my scheduled games on time.

Anyways, I'll add some games to it... soon...

• Eyes
Reactions: Madventure

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I haven't come up with a list yet, I have been too busy with real life stuff to sit down and give it a good thinking I definitely want to do it again as It gave me a nice sort of goal to go towards to complete the list and see everyone else update once in awhile

Reactions: MegaApple
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Once you two add your names to this Blitz it'll officially make this Blitz larger than last season's and overall the second largest we've had (it'll still be four people down from our most amount of participants). It's not uncommon for us to gain another couple people later on with people that join a month or so late, too.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Finished "Brothers - Tale of Two Brothers". Really short game. I did not expect it to be that short Though it was quite good and mostly a story driven game. I would recommend everyone to give it a go if you haven't already ;)

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I finished Yakuza 5 last night with 71+ hours. It's not a Blitz game but that'd been taking up all my time these last two weeks so now I can move on (to Yakuza 6, probably!).

I'll do these Blitz games soon!

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Done with watch dogs main story. Although I have crossed it off my list, I am going to continue clearing its side activities and DLCs. Fun game overall although the gameplay can be repetitive. I also got Watch Dogs 2 from the Ubisoft Forward giveaway and may consider putting it into my next Backlog Blitz list after done with this one.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Finished Mega Man X4. The game is the easiest game in the first collection. Playing with Zero was a bit harder since he was a sword melee fighter.

With x4 finished I also finished the entire first legacy collection, all the challenges done too although I played on the easiest difficulty.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Done with watch dogs main story. Although I have crossed it off my list, I am going to continue clearing its side activities and DLCs. Fun game overall although the gameplay can be repetitive. I also got Watch Dogs 2 from the Ubisoft Forward giveaway and may consider putting it into my next Backlog Blitz list after done with this one.
Watchdogs was a decent open world game but I never bothered playing the augmented reality missions.