Reviews Battlefield 5 and my first few hours in it.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I wasn't a fan of the beta since the guns didn't feel "hefty" enough and the maps in the beta were too small to give you the Battlefield feel so I decided to pony up for some EA Origin time and play the whole game so I wouldn't be left with the Beta opinions so here's my take over the full game after playing about 5 hours of the MP side.

The maps still feel small, even the largest ones, so planes don't have proper "bombing lanes" so they just swerve around in circles trying to drop bombs or fight other manic circling planes. The maps that have a large feel to them play better than the small ones but they still have hectic corner battles in them instead of proper flanking tactics (mind you I am playing it solo so tactics overall are just people doing stuff randomly) and when tanks come up it's met with a barrage of bazooka fire eating it away in seconds.

Also the destruction seems a bit hohum in it. I hoped they went with something a bit more fleshy with the destruction but it still feels the same as it did in BF1 with the "simple" destructable walls and such.

I do love the graphics and the soundwork. Absolutely stellar and one of the best work Dice has done yet making the presentation excellent.

I haven't met with many bugs outside of few cases where the game wasn't balanced properly making me fight a full 32 enemy team with once a group of 4 and once with a team of 15 people.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and the gunplay in general feels light outside of bolt action rifles and DMR's. I wish the recoil of the old automatic weapons would feel weighty and clumsy but it doesn't have that feel in them. You could switch the weapons with modern equivalents and they wouldn't cause me to blink twice.

Reactions: lashman