• The Blue Album

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Pinkerton

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Weerez

Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
Sep 20, 2018
So, if you can't tell by my username, I'm a big Weezer fan. And everyone knows their best albums are Blue and Pinkerton. And if you can't tell by my avatar and title, Pinkerton is my favorite album, as much as I love Blue. I really love how much rawer and noisier Pinkerton is while still containing the catchy melodies and delicious pop hooks of Blue. It's still undeniably a power pop album while also having a more Pixies-esque "indie" edge to it. It even gets a bit heavy at times with tracks like Getchoo and Tired Of Sex.

And I also appreciate the more personal, heartfelt lyrics that Rivers puts forth on this album. Sure, it can get awkward, uncomfortable, and even a bit creepy at times (Across The Sea without a doubt), but that's just part of the charm for an album that's essentially a diary set to music. It's no wonder Pink was such a huge influence on generations of emo bands.

Blue is a great album, but I have to give the slight edge to Pinkerton. I actually consider it my all time favorite, and I would definitely recommend the deluxe reissue, which ups the tracklist to nearly 30 tracks.

Which Weezer record do you prefer?

OP
Weerez

Weerez

Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting
Sep 20, 2018
I'm super partial to Blue mainly because I absolutely love Buddy Holly, though I do really like The Good Life.
Yeah, the Blue Album is amazing, and it's actually really hard for me to pick between the two. I guess it just depends really. I would say that I prefer Pinkerton in the grand scheme of things, but sometimes I'd rather listen to Blue. Blue actually does some things better than Pinkerton, like how to close an album. Butterfly is really good, but Only In Dreams is fucking magical and the greatest closing track ever, in my opinion. Actually, Endless Bummer from the White Album is my 2nd favorite Weezer closer. Butterfly is 3rd.

Reactions: pahamrick

pahamrick

Pricky Ricky Dicky Bob
Sep 6, 2018
I'm super partial to Blue mainly because I absolutely love Buddy Holly, though I do really like The Good Life.
Yeah, the Blue Album is amazing, and it's actually really hard for me to pick between the two. I guess it just depends really. I would say that I prefer Pinkerton in the grand scheme of things, but sometimes I'd rather listen to Blue. Blue actually does some things better than Pinkerton, like how to close an album. Butterfly is really good, but Only In Dreams is fucking magical and the greatest closing track ever, in my opinion. Actually, Endless Bummer from the White Album is my 2nd favorite Weezer closer. Butterfly is 3rd.
Yeah, I get what you mean. For me, Blue has Buddy Holly, Say It Ain't So, Holiday and Only in Dreams. Those songs I really dig, and can listen to over and over and the entire album in general. Pinkerton I only really like The Good Life, El Scorcho and Butterfly.

Reactions: Weerez