News ChatGPT - a pretty stunning AI driven chatbot

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Have you tried ChatGPT yet?

You can log in with your google account. Chat with the bot about a subject of your choice, and the quality of its responses may surprise you. It would be even better if the bot could gather current information from the internet to use in conversations, but in its current state it is limited to information gathered in 2021.

I had no idea that AI had come this far. Integrating this kind of chatbot in a game should not be that for off, I guess?

Last edited:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Huh, this is interesting. The bot's responses sound more like an article rather than a person's opinion so I wonder if it just copy-pastes most of the answers from the internet.

Reactions: d00d3n

MomoVideo

Apr 5, 2021
that's not really how AI works, i think
It needs to get the data from somewhere and it needs to understand the context of the said data. It doesn't have its own opinion like a person who played those games would have. It borrows the answers from others.

Reactions: d00d3n and lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
It gathers information from multiple sources, but its ability to add context to that information is staggeringly impressive.

And scary.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It needs to get the data from somewhere and it needs to understand the context of the said data. It doesn't have its own opinion like a person who played those games would have. It borrows the answers from others.
no, of course not

but it doesn't just copy and paste blocks of text either, it constructs new things from the data it "knows"

MomoVideo

Apr 5, 2021
no, of course not

but it doesn't just copy and paste blocks of text either, it constructs new things from the data it "knows"
Yeah, that's probably the case, which is very impressive. I tried googling the fragments from the first post, but I didn't find any source, so most likely the bot constructed it.

Reactions: d00d3n and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, that's probably the case, which is very impressive. I tried googling the fragments from the first post, but I didn't find any source, so most likely the bot constructed it.
yeah, exactly! :)

same goes for all the art bots - they don't just mash up different existing art into one image, they "learn" what those images are, and how they're constructed and generate completely new ones based on that

Reactions: d00d3n and C-Dub
OP
d00d3n

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I got a hangup on reviving Christopher Hitchens and having him condemn various people and organisations yesterday. I think I kind of abused the system, so they logged me off, restricted further similar requests and all condemnations were lost, except this one against Mother Theresa (in line with his famous criticism of her, sorry about the spelling):

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't seem too different to irc chatbots of many years ago, though they trained it with much more data about many more topics. These were funny to read:LOL:

Also from seeing some other stuff, it somehow tends to be a dick, lol.

Last edited: