Community Cheater's corner - We cheat because we suck at gaming

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Cheat Engine's website

What is Cheat Engine?
It's a tool that scans in memory for values that you want to alter in a game, such as money, life and other things.

My Antivirus software is giving me warning when I try to download/install it.
Cheat Engine is totally free from any malicious codes. Always download from the official site. Don't download from anywhere else

I am too lazy to scan for values. Give me a table that already has the cheats
Sure, give me money and I scan for you :D Or just google to search for tables. Just google [game name] cheat engine and if you are lucky you might find a table.
FearLess Cheat Engine - Index page is a grear resource for tables

Can you teach me?
Nope. But luckily there is a youtube series which I find is great. Cheat Engine Tutorials by Stephen Chapman. Of all Youtube videos I have watched, this is the best tutorial I have found. The other videos are too specific for certain games

Does Cheat Engine work with emulated games too?
Yes! See the tutorial series by Stephen Chapman

Cheat Engine looks too complex for me. Is there any other way to cheat?
One word: Trainers. These programs will add cheats into the game. In the game you press the hotkeys to execute the cheats
There are bunch of websites that provides trainers to games
PC Game Trainers, Cheats No-CD / No-DVD PlayFixes Patches | GameCopyWorld
MegaGames
Free Cheats and Trainers for Hundreds of Games - WeMod App
PC Game Trainers | Cheat Happens

Prevent games to detect Cheat Engine
Some games use anticheats that are looking for the names of the programs running at the same time and will close the game or even prevent you from launching it if CheatEngine is running.

There's an easy way to trick such anticheat.

Copy this code in notepad++:
Code:
getApplication().Title = "NotCE"
getMainForm().setCaption("NotCE")
Save it as title.lua

Put the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cheat Engine 6.8.3\autorun\

Profit:
:evilblob:
A big warning
There are some games that scan your computer for any cheating software, even when they are not used, and ban you. Most of these games are multiplayer games. So use at your own risk.
And also never use cheats for multiplayer games

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I was replaying some old PS1 RPGs and I'm used CE because the costs to upgrade your weapons in Suikoden 1 are FUCKING BULLSHIT. I ain't gonna grind for 10 years to make my sword sharper. Fuck that. CE is great.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I'm trying to get a trainer to work with Blue Rider, but it doesn't seem to work. I hear "insert cheat" activated, but nothing changes.

Any of you use Cheat Happens?

I finally used a trainer and beat a level I was currently stuck in in Shadow Tactics. I feel cheap, but I don’t think I would have gone back because it was getting tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Zexen

Jan 26, 2019
I almost always cheat on money in single player games, because fuck grinding it in a game, real life is more than enough.

It's also really useful for speedhacking and modifying the camera coordinates and UI elements for taking screenshots. I really hope that Denuvo will be smart enough to filter what is considered online cheating and what isn't because it would be a real shame if it stopped CE working in SP games.

xist

Healing...
Nov 14, 2018
I've heard of cheat engine but never used it for fear of sucking the fun and achievement out of games. My memories of cheating in the original Final Fantasy Tactics through what I called the Job Point jiggle (an in-game bug that let you get free JP by jumping up and down the Job screen) destroyed the fun a bit for me...I'd finished it 3 or 4 times already, so perhaps I'm conflating too much of a good thing with gaming the system, and I'm sure I'd be happy eliminating a little grind, but sometimes that grind makes the destination a little sweeter....don't know, I have limited time too so I know how ridiculous that sounds.

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018
Some games use anticheats that are looking for the names of the programs running at the same time and will close the game or even prevent you from launching it if CheatEngine is running.

Code:
Save it as title.lua

Profit:

Last edited:
OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Code:
Save it as title.lua

Profit:
Great tip, I'll add this on OT later today 😘

Reactions: xinek and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
This thread reminds me to look for a DQ XI cheat engine table because I'm not really looking forward to do that infernal Roulette sidequest again in my eventual replay! I still haven't found a proper one yet, but there's this one:

DQ XI CT features said:
Damage Modifier (God Mode, One Hit Kill, etc)
Healing Damage Modifier (HeroHealingMultiplier, EnemyHealingMultiplier)
Infinite MP
Infinite Skill Point On Use
Infinite Item Usage /Set Item Amount
EXP Multiplier
Gold Multiplier
Infinite Turns Left Good Status (Affects Enemies Too)
Shop Override
Pointers to Gold and Highlighted Item Quantity and Highlighted Item ID
Character Editor
Pointers to Draconian Quest Flags
Pointers to Mini Medals and Perfectionist's Pearls
Set Max Stat Cap Above 999

Options By Pox911:
Perfect Forge

Options By TheByteSize:
Selected Character Attributes - Other
Dragon Quest XI Cheat Engine Tables

I'll have some use for Perfect Forge because I hated it when I messed up my crafting.

This second one isn't for a PC game, I've recently started playing Xenoblade 2, and I hated that there's a gacha mechanic to collect all the rare blades. I went looking and there's a save editor which allows to edit almost any game states:

XC2 Save Editor said:
XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy - For Xenoblade 2 base game
This app can edit just about every byte of data in a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save File.

XC2IraSaveNETThingy - For XC2 Torna The Golden Country Expansion
This app can change a lot of data in a XC2 Torna The Golden Country Save File.

These include changing data to values that could not normally be obtained via regular gameplay.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Savegame Editor

If I can modify my inventory and add more legendary cores to it I'll be happy.

Share your discoveries!

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Added links to a few websites that provide trainers. If I missed some please tell me :D
I still need to know where the word trainer comes from.

Thanks Kvik, for reminding me that it is also possible cheat on emulated games with Cheat Engine

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Thanks @Kvik, for reminding me that it is also possible cheat on emulated games with Cheat Engine
Um... I think it was QFNS who said they used CT with Suikoden though.

My adventures in using CT for PCSX2 was for widescreen hacks ... and failed miserably. :wd_duck:

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I ended up cheating near the end of FFX, using the all-items booster to get a crapload of orbs to boost everyone's stats. Part of needing that is my fault for using the expert sphere grid and missing a bunch of side stuff. But then I think of the boss designs and I don't feel too bad about it.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, i never feel bad for cheating in singleplayer games .... why would i? the game is there for me, not the other way around ;)

Reactions: m_dorian
OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Somebody pls make an inf.health cheat for drake 99 dragons
For which game? If you don't want to for address by yourself you can search for cheat tables. There are thousand on the interweb

edit: Oh, you meant a game called Drake 99 Dragons?

Dec 5, 2018
I ended up cheating near the end of FFX, using the all-items booster to get a crapload of orbs to boost everyone's stats. Part of needing that is my fault for using the expert sphere grid and missing a bunch of side stuff. But then I think of the boss designs and I don't feel too bad about it.
While getting most spheres can be done pretty fast, If you want to max out luck ... Just cheat unless you want to fight the earth eater for over 200 times (I don't know why anyone thought that it was a good idea).
I just cheated after realising how long it would take me.

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yes. I failed at making one :v
Come to think, I remember you were talking about the game a while ago. I checked what game it is and I remember it.
Just looking at the screenshot, where does it says the HP? Is it the one that says 1000?

Have you tried to scan with other data types?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thing is you start with 99 hit points. There are enemies at the start so I check first for 99, or max health, then I check again for the new value and so on but to no avail.
How can I check other data types?

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Sorry, in Cheat Engine it's called Value type. Change to All, because the health can be anything if it's not 4 bytes.

Zexen

Jan 26, 2019
Can't this be modified through the Animus Control Panel ? It was an available slider if my memory serves me right.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Lmao
I just saw i can boost to lvl 45 because i got gold edition which allows me thisnoption to do the extra dlc xd
Just hit lvl45 so now i can speed thru this a lot eaiser tho inwouldve liked an exp multiplier; the gsme has one but it also disables cheevos etc. :/

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Sorry, in Cheat Engine it's called Value type. Change to All, because the health can be anything if it's not 4 bytes.

Late post but if this is for Drake of 99 dragons, I'ma go test it out soon.
Eh you don't really need a EXP multiplier for Origins.
TBH what annoyed me about the game is that the only clear indication of not engaging enemies is using the bird to detect their level.
I prob. wouldn't have minded doing the side stuff and exploration if not for this stupid level gating.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yup, the post was for 99 dragons
OK thankfully I managed to do it, but it seems whatever value the game uses for the lifebar changes after I die or start a new mission.
So I need to re assign it again. Is there any way way to detect which is the particular value that the game uses for life points?

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
OK thankfully I managed to do it, but it seems whatever value the game uses for the lifebar changes after I die or start a new mission.
So I need to re assign it again. Is there any way way to detect which is the particular value that the game uses for life points?
Yeah, you need to find the pointer value or whatever it is called. Check this video, it might help

Reactions: Tizoc

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
There are some games that scan your computer for any cheating software, even when they are not used, and ban you. Most of these games are multiplayer games. So use at your own risk.
And also never use cheats for multiplayer games
So I use CE for a few SP games, but didn't know this. Doing the "hide" trick doesn't work? I only ask because even though I don't use AV, malwarebytes goes apeshit when I try to install it even if I set to ignore.

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
So I use CE for a few SP games, but didn't know this. Doing the "hide" trick doesn't work? I only ask because even though I don't use AV, malwarebytes goes apeshit when I try to install it even if I set to ignore.
CE works in a way that is guaranteed to set off Anti-virus and malware alarms because it is doing exactly what very malicious viruses and Malware do, they attack other programs and change their state to do what the bad software wants instead of what it is supposed to do. You almost have to turn that stuff off to use CE IMO. Obviously turn it back on when you're done gaming or w/e.

However Cheat Engine itself is safe as long as you're not downloading it from some scummy site with bad stuff attached.

ABSOLUTELY do not run CE while playing multiplayer games. You will get banned.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
ABSOLUTELY do not run CE while playing multiplayer games. You will get banned.
I don't run it very often and not for MP games, but I read that even having it installed may get you nicked in some MP games even if not running. True? How to get around? Just uninstalled?

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
I don't run it very often and not for MP games, but I read that even having it installed may get you nicked in some MP games even if not running. True? How to get around? Just uninstalled?
I've never uninstalled it and have been just fine. Also I don't play tons of online MP games so I can't say for sure. I would be surprised if they banned just for having it on your hard drive. A game that scans your HD looking for stuff is a pretty shitty thing to do regardless, I hope there aren't many that would do that.

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I am not sure how to get around games detecting Cheat engine and not get banned just for having it installed or opened. The most simple solution would be not to play any MP games at all or not having CE installed.

Here is a case where someone got banned for only have CE opened but not used while playing LoL

OP
Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Ill try that thanks. The fearless forums one did not mention what is in it exactly tho :s

Other tools for filthy and dirty cheaters

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Bumpage as this thread seemed to have slipped by me like a bunch of filthy cheaters hiding in the shadows.

My AV seems to mess with CheatEngine so i tend to do more Save File editing than "Cheat-Engining".

You'd be surprised how many games have json/xml/text save files so a good lightweight text editor with syntax highlighting is great for that. VS-Codium, Notepad++, Scite etc will do especially if they are portable and don't need to be installed.

Another tool i use often is HxD the Hex Editor. It's great for simple edits to binary files:

Then there's Save Edit Online. One of many online editors but the one i've used for a few years now. There's a limit to the number of daily edits you can make as a free user but it's been ample for me. Works well mainly with VNs and RPGMaker games but also supports Unreal etc.

I have been using WeMod for about 18 months now and although a bunch of cheats are paywalled, it's easy to use and does what i need it to do when CE doesn't work or i don't want to mess about with CE's Cheat Tables.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Bumpage as this thread seemed to have slipped by me like a bunch of filthy cheaters hiding in the shadows.

My AV seems to mess with CheatEngine so i tend to do more Save File editing than "Cheat-Engining".

You'd be surprised how many games have json/xml/text save files so a good lightweight text editor with syntax highlighting is great for that. VS-Codium, Notepad++, Scite etc will do especially if they are portable and don't need to be installed.

Another tool i use often is HxD the Hex Editor. It's great for simple edits to binary files:

Then there's Save Edit Online. One of many online editors but the one i've used for a few years now. There's a limit to the number of daily edits you can make as a free user but it's been ample for me. Works well mainly with VNs and RPGMaker games but also supports Unreal etc.

I have been using WeMod for about 18 months now and although a bunch of cheats are paywalled, it's easy to use and does what i need it to do when CE doesn't work or i don't want to mess about with CE's Cheat Tables.

Adding to your list you have also

Which is similar to WeMod, but I find it to have better coverage off games. Although also most cheats are behind paywall. So CE is still the way to go if you find tables or good in creating those.

EDIT:
Oh yes, I'm a cheater and proud :steam_pig_cool: