Community Closest you've come to dying?

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I was once traveling to see my then girlfriend (now wife) few hundred kilometers over when suddenly a tractor crossed the main road forcing me to swerve quickly causing the car to go in to a side slide downhill. I managed to get the car back in control and I chased the tractor driver down and told him where he could situate his head. After all that the real cherry on top was that when I turned back on the main road after talking to the tractor driver a police car drove after me the whole 200 kilometer trip. They are always fucking late.

Oh and I've been chainsawed and been set on fire 3 times. And I dropped from a second floor balcony. None of those were close enough to kill me tho so they don't count.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I was once traveling to see my then girlfriend (now wife) few hundred kilometers over when suddenly a tractor crossed the main road forcing me to swerve quickly causing the car to go in to a side slide downhill. I managed to get the car back in control and I chased the tractor driver down and told him where he could situate his head. After all that the real cherry on top was that when I turned back on the main road after talking to the tractor driver a police car drove after me the whole 200 kilometer trip. They are always fucking late.

Oh and I've been chainsawed and been set on fire 3 times. And I dropped from a second floor balcony. None of those were close enough to kill me tho so they don't count.

Nov 4, 2018
A few times.

A handful of overdoses in high school, that I managed to survive.

The most recent was a year ago when at the chemical factory I worked for someone left ammonia unsealed in a confined cupboard. When I opened the cupboard I got a good whiff, and got knocked out and hospitalized for 24 hours.

Other then that I am Canadian, we don't live dangerous Finnish lives. ;P

OP
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
A few times.

A handful of overdoses in high school, that I managed to survive.

The most recent was a year ago when at the chemical factory I worked for someone left ammonia unsealed in a confined cupboard. When I opened the cupboard I got a good whiff, and got knocked out and hospitalized for 24 hours.

Other then that I am Canadian, we don't live dangerous Finnish lives. ;P
Well it's just me being accident prone. I almost stabbed myself in the eye by sitting down on a chair.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
When I got my first bike, I decided to test it by going down the steepest slope we've got here in my city. When I was near the end of the slope, a car appeared and I had like half a second to react and turn the bike's handle so I'd go through a few bushes instead of crashing against the car. The bike got all messed up and I had a few cuts and bruises. A guy opens his door, goes "are you alright? do you want me to call the ambulance?" I told him I only needed help finding my glasses, we found them all battered up, I got on the messed up bike and rode back home in shame.

I also almost got shot by a cop as a teenager. Was calling my grandmother on a public phone, then cops surrounded me and started shouting, one of them was waving a shotgun around my face, the damn thing fired itself but luckily only at the air. Turns out the idiots were looking for someone who'd robbed the gas station where the public phone was located, thought it was me, and went all crazy (as if a robber would have stayed around calling his grandmother on the phone).

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I also almost got shot by a cop as a teenager. Was calling my grandmother on a public phone, then cops surrounded me and started shouting, one of them was waving a shotgun around my face, the damn thing fired itself but luckily only at the air. Turns out the idiots were looking for someone who'd robbed the gas station where the public phone was located, thought it was me, and went all crazy (as if a robber would have stayed around calling his grandmother on the phone).
fucking hell!!!! O_O

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Holy Roman Empire
Got almost run over by a train ones cause my dumb ass thought it was a good idea to use a short cut over some rail tracks...
Had to jump down a slope into thorny bushes or it would have hit me.
Damn, quiet, efficient German trains, didn't hear it coming.

It was actually really fucking close, dreamed about it for a while.

But we all do dumb shit as kids right?
I was over 30 when that happened :poop:

Geo cashing is a dangerous hobby man...

OP
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Got almost run over by a train ones cause my dumb ass thought it was a good idea to use a short cut over some rail tracks...
Had to jump down a slope into thorny bushes or it would have hit me.
Damn, quiet, efficient German trains, didn't hear it coming.

It was actually really fucking close, dreamed about it for a while.

But we all do dumb shit as kids right?
I was over 30 when that happened :poop:

Geo cashing is a dangerous hobby man...

Lucky our trains are Italians then.

Monooboe

MetaMember
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
www.fancierlust.com
I once drove off the road trying to avoid a deer, thankfully it was winter so the ditch was full of snow.:D But I think the closest I've come is having a massive asthma attack after doing spring cleaning in my apartment, I didn't think you actually could die from it, so I never really tried to get help, I just lied down on my bed suffocating for hours.