Community CrazyJuan's Console Classics

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Metafam. If you get some free time and enjoy retro gaming, stop by my YT ch and check out a playlist I've started recently. CrazyJuan's Console Classics. Just added the 3rd episode last night, featuring Enix's SNES gem, Actraiser.

The videos consist of gameplay, largely recorded on OG hardware along with commentary and some notes on the history of the game, its development, and reception.
Feedback is welcome and appreciated :)

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Yea I remembered correctly then. Listened to it and thought that it was ahead of its time. Plenty of olden games were like that.
Yessir, it was an interesting genre mashup. The sequel, which wasn't received nearly as well despite being graphically much more beautiful, completely abandoned the sim mechanics element of the game. A move which puzzles me to this day.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hello metafam, just updating thread with latest video published. Ep. 4: Crystalis.

Post automatically merged:

Also (and maybe I could get a title edit to keep these in one thread) I'll just throw this in the thread too, along with the weekly retro gaming video, Friday nights I put out a short (usually 20min or less) opinion video running thru the things that stood out to me as note worthy, I lamely call it CrazyJuan's Court of Opinion. here's the most recent one.

Last edited:
OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Thursday night has come and gone so that means there's a new ep. of CrazyJuan's Console Classics up for your perusal. This week I featured the PS1 great, Resident Evil 2.

Reactions: lashman
OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Metafam, just updating this thread with the most recent ep. of CrazyJuan's Console Classics. Ep.6 ft. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell!

Love going back to this game, still dig Ironside as Sam Fisher and its interesting playing its unforgiving brand of stealth gaming. No radar, no vision cones, no "god vision" for the player. Patience and discipline are you best weapons, well aside from the non leathals anyway :)

Hope you enjoy and feedback is welcome!
Post automatically merged:

Also while I'm at it I'll throw in this weeks CrazyJuan's Court of Opinion video, in which I hit on RDR2,, XO18, Crossplay (in a bit of error but the gist ist he same, hooray for doing this in one take) SSO on PC and the revival of my love of Switching.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Metapeeps. Its Friday so that means there's a new CrazyJuan's Console Classics video up. Popular demand chose the Sega Genesis as the platform for this weeks retro gem and I chose the OG chill racer, Outrun. Check out 16 mins or so of gameplay and historical info about the game and its developer on the playlist here :)

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
That's fair, I always enjoyed the old arcade point to point racer, but nostalgia does help this one out a bit. Apart from its stellar soundtrack it has clear foibles, like the lack of engine sound, and the depth of gameplay. That said, its still a pretty good challenge and the various locations are kinda impressive for the day and age.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Metafam! The new CrazyJuan's Console Classics ep is up! This week I featured one of the Gems of my SNES collection and a game thats actually somewhat rare, having only had 25000 copies distributed to North America. Its the unique genre mashup, Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Morning fam, just wanted to add a link to the other Weekly CrazyJuan Gaming video. This is the opinion side of the ch, CrazyJuan's Court of Opinion Ep. 6: Sony Doesn't Take a Dump Without a Plan, Son.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hello again Metapeeps, sorry I've been as absent as I've been over the holidays/my vacation but I regularly check in here from work. Just dropping a link here as the end of my break also equals my return to creating low rent YT videos :) Picked up my series on retro games with Console Classic's Ep. 9: Ninja Gaiden II (NES). Please feel excite!

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hey MetaPeeps. The 10th ep. of Console Classics went up last night. Inspired by a joke our fav Lashman made, I took a look at the SNES launch title, Pilotwings. Still an enjoyable playing experience, IMO.

OP
CrazyJuan

CrazyJuan

Pirate Legend
Oct 9, 2018
Hey Hey Meta, Its that time again. I did another low rent Console Classics retro video. This time featuring the granddaddy of Simcade racing on console. Gran Turismo. I still love this game so much, even just the UI/Shop music gets me going. It still feels pretty great to play, even if the audio and visuals aged like almost everything on that platform. Please enjoy :)