Opinion Damn, Capcom really dropped the ball for Dante's DMCV Theme

Neptonic

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14
Sep 19, 2018
Arizona
www.twitter.com
Yeah so this got released today:
Devil Trigger was fun edgy. This is bad edgy. I'm just really confused why Capcom thought this was cool or something. It really reminds me the tone of DmC: Devil May Cry.

Anyway I'm disappointed, hopefully Dante's gameplay at TGS will still be dope.

Lock & Load if old

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well, to be honest - i actually like it :p but then again - that's the music i generally listen to, haha

Reactions: Neptonic

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Eh, I am not too bothered since this really needs to work with the context of the game, so it can definitely still work.
Devil Trigger works great because it already fits the norms of the previous games and was part of a fancy trailer giving expected context. A slight change isn't necessarily bad

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Eh, I am not too bothered since this really needs to work with the context of the game, so it can definitely still work.
Devil Trigger works great because it already fits the norms of the previous games and was part of a fancy trailer giving expected context. A slight change isn't necessarily bad
exactly! it's all about the context

you also liked DmC: Devil May Cry so it checks out :unsure:
not gonna deny :)

Edit: so, hey Neptonic ... you might want to edit the video link or something ... since Capcom took the video down, haha

Last edited:

Lain

serial experiments
Sep 20, 2018
After Devil Trigger, that feels like a pretty big downgrade.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well, i mean ... i like that kind of music, so it's awesome for me ... all the other stuff, though - not so much

Robby

Short, but sassy.
Sep 20, 2018
DMC has always been cheesy as hell, intentionally, so the song kind of fits the aesthetic. Doesn't mean it's good, though.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
If it's the one in the trailer it was alright outside of the lyrics being there, I think having lyrics in a game OST feels cheesy.

And... Combichrist could've done a new OST for this one since I think their music type stretches over more genre limits.

pahamrick

Pricky Ricky Dicky Bob
Sep 6, 2018
Well, Capcom announced they ended the partnership (which apparently was agreed upon a full year before the allegations ever came out) and are looking into changing the music for the final game. So, we'll see.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
The genre suits the game so I'm all for some metal in there but overall picking a genre and going all in with vocals included can turn people away who don't like metal (Read: People with bad taste in music)

Has happened to me with rap and R&B music. Car games often think they need to have some bass tracks. :cautious:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
if they really want vocals in there they should do what Tripwire did for Killing Floor 2 - have a "vocals" checkbox in audio settings :p problem solved

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Yea. You have to admit that it has a bit of a cheesy feel to it when there are clear (well in this case "clear" is a bit of a stretch) vocals in there.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yes, of course ... it's baaaaad :p but then again - they did the same thing for 4, i believe, so .... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Robby

Short, but sassy.
Sep 20, 2018
I'm endlessly amused by the fact that the lead singer looks like somebody's dad. Like he's filling in for the actual lead singer, who is at home with mono.