News Death Stranding's made $27 million on PC so far

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019

Digital Bros, the parent company of various publishers including the PC-focused 505 Games, has announced its financial results for the second half of 2020. They show that Kojima Productions' Death Stranding managed to generate just over €23 million in revenue ($27 million) on PC in its five months on sale until 31 December.

When 505 signed up the game for PC distribution the publisher hoped for "lifetime revenues in excess of Euro 50 million from the personal computer version of the videogame." Given it's yet to receive any serious discounting, you could say Sam Porter Bridges is on his way.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm really happy for the studio and, why not, the publisher, I think I might be one of the very few that really liked Death Stranding, bought it day one and played for around 40-42 hours until I finished it, I wasn't going to do the 100% but I did a lot of side quests and damn, it was chill and relaxing as heck.

Hope this kind of success (?) let Kojima do more special things like this one. :cat-heart-blob:

OP
Sir Guts

Sir Guts

Dragonslayer
Apr 11, 2019
I'm really happy for the studio and, why not, the publisher, I think I might be one of the very few that really liked Death Stranding, bought it day one and played for around 40-42 hours until I finished it, I wasn't going to do the 100% but I did a lot of side quests and damn, it was chill and relaxing as heck.

Hope this kind of success (?) let Kojima do more special things like this one. :cat-heart-blob:
I finished it twice 100% on PS4 and PC! I loved every bit of it

Hats off to KJP for having the balls to make such game instead of the same boring pewpewpew shit

Reactions: Ge0force

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I finished it twice 100% on PS4 and PC! I loved every bit of it

Hats off to KJP for having the balls to make such game instead of the same boring pewpewpew shit
YOOOOOO that's cool, also tons of hours invested but I'm sure those were worthy :blobmorning:

And gotta agree, one of my favorite experiences from last year for sure, I don't know, it was a combination of a lot of things but might be that due to pandemic, lockdowns and specifically the theme of the game, it was more touching than in normal circumstances so I remember it like a very heart touching experience. :cat-heart-blob:

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I bought it at launch and found out it does not support DSR so I shelved it until they add it.

They never added it.

So I decided to finally play it only to see the rumors about "extended edition" with new story content.

So I decided to wait again.

It is starting to piss me off, I want to play it, but not until it is complete.

• Disapproval
Reactions: TheTrain

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I'd love to see someone give Kojima a bunch of money to make a game, on one condition: he isn't allowed to put any cutscenes in it. I reviewed his last two games on PC and my conclusion was basically the same for both: great gameplay, bad story. I can appreciate weirdness and it is sometimes fascinating to try and understand what the hell is going on in Kojima's head but the man desperately, desperately needs someone to reign in and focus his story ramblings.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
3x times more expensive in your country? How the hell is that even possible and why?

Here (Saudi Arabia) we got surprisingly great prices on Steam but can’t say the same on EGS
Publishers ignoring Valve's suggested regional pricing and setting it according to their asses.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This is not acceptable. Can’t Steam do anything about it?
Nothing but keep offering them tools and options, guidance, if pubs/devs don't want to follow those guides, it's up to them and their loss, Valve can't make that mandatory as it's something entirely up to the game owner.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
This is not acceptable. Can’t Steam do anything about it?
Pretty much what Mor said.

If I remember correctly when a publisher sets the price of a game it is in US$ and Valve's converts to the suggested regional price automatically but they edit the price manually to match whatever the price is on consoles online stores or just do a direct price conversion.