Deals Destiny 2 is free to keep (PC)

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
That's actually quite nice, I would so play this if I could.:D Does one have to buy the expansions to be able to play it in a meaningful way?
As far as I’m aware, expansions are chunks of the game that are considered fun to many Destiny players as it adds a whole layer of updated design to the mix. However, you can still play it base game & not have much of a problem while enjoying a subpar storyline.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
well duuuuh :p they wouldn't be giving it out for free otherwise ;)
Haha yeah that what I was thinking, that one still needs to pay for the expansion.

As far as I’m aware, expansions are chunks of the game that are considered fun to many Destiny players as it adds a whole layer of updated design to the mix. However, you can still play it base game & not have much of a problem while enjoying a subpar storyline.
Ah alright, sounds good! I didn't really play Destiny 1 for the story, I just liked how it played and I can get addicted to grindy games. Anyway, by the time I have a gaming PC again they have probably gone free-2-play all the way, hell the third game has probably come already.XD

Reactions: lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I redeemed the gift but I'm not sure if I want to devote the time to it. I have zero interest in multi-player shenanigans, is it worth it if I treat it as a purely single-player experience?

Reactions: Matimeo and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I redeemed the gift but I'm not sure if I want to devote the time to it. I have zero interest in multi-player shenanigans, is it worth it if I treat it as a purely single-player experience?
it might be .... apparently the campaign isn't all that long, so if anything - might be worth giving it a shot

Reactions: Alexandros

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
If you played any of the Halo games and enjoyed the gunplay of them then yes download the game and play just the campaign mode to get more of that type of Bungie crisp gunplay that some people love and others are meh about. Destiny for many was always about the adventure with other people more than the campaign or anything solo but if you miss that Bungie feel then tag it, bag it, mark it off the list and delete it when done.

If you do end up playing it I am interested in your experience with it as I appreciate hearing peoples thoughts on the game.

KarmaCow

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
As a purely single player game I'd say no, especially if you're just working with the vanilla game. The campaign is pretty boring, lots of just running from place to place and a pretty meh story.

I'm not sure how much of the expansion stuff affects the vanilla game but the game really shines in the low impact, just doing random stuff type experience. The game has just enough small objectives to hit that "just one more thing" loop.