|OT| Destiny 2 Shadowkeep & New Light - From The Shadows An Epic Destiny Awaits

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018

Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Bungie
Platform: Steam

this thread is mostly designed for details on shadowkeep and New Light (free to play destiny 2 content up to just before forsaken ) which makes things alot easier for everyone to play (and play with new friends if your a current player).

Story:

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep sees the return of the enigmatic Eris Morn, who was introduced in Destiny 1’s moon-based expansion the Dark Below.
Anyway, all is not as we left it on the moon, and red structures have appeared on the moon’s surface. As Morn tells us, that ties into a new threat that needs sortin’ out. Bungie has confirmed that this extension will see the return of the Hive, alongside the addition of a new threat.
Details are thin on that front, but Bungie has said that the theme of nightmares is the inspiration here. So, expect dark and grim vistas and abominations to fight.

Gameplay Overhauls For ShadowKeep & New light:

Armour will be getting a massive overhaul in the Destiny 2 Shadowkeep expansion with Armor 2.0. Reworking the armour system, the update will focus on character buffs and a point-stat system. Each piece of armour will have an energy type and value, and will influence the equippable mods. For example, you’ll be able to pick and choose between your mods so you can craft armour that reduces your grenade’s cooldown and allow you to throw them further.

Also coming back from the original Destiny is the ‘artifacts’ system, which briefly existed to boost power and stats. This time, however, they’ll be much more profound, and you’ll be able to level them up with a choice of perks at each tier. Bungie even goes as far as to say that these perks will be close to Exotic-tier at higher levels.
Discipline, Intellect, and Strength stats will return from the original Destiny, which gives you six stats to work with. The stats now go from zero to 100, and every piece of armour will offer its own bonuses to those stacks. Each stat is divided into ten point thresholds which unlock character buffs – every ten points in Strength, for example, gives a bonus to your melee cooldown.

Each piece of armour has an energy type and energy value, which will determine what mods you can equip. Mods have their own energy types and costs, so you can build your pool of armour perks with mods of appropriate types. You’ll permanently unlock a mod once it’s slotted in, so there’s no need to keep farming each type.

You can upgrade your armour – you’ll have to collect new and returning mats like Enhanced Prisms and Ascendant Shards to do it – which will increase your energy cap for mods and bring up your stats. Your energy cap can go up to ten, and once your armour hits masterwork status you’ll get a +2 bonus on every stat.

Every Legendary armour piece you pick up as a drop after the launch of Shadowkeep will be armour 2.0, even if they come out of old raids and content. Exotic items can be upgraded to the armour 2.0 system through the collections menu, but they will come with fixed rolls, so there’s still a reason to grind for further drops.

Pvp Changes For ShadowKeep & New Light:

The biggest change coming when Shadowkeep and New Light launch is changing the playlist structure. Quickplay and Competitive, two staples of the Crucible menu, are getting removed from the Director completely. Instead, players can select Classic Mix, a playlist that is based on player connection and includes Control, Clash, and Supremacy game modes. A 6v6 Control playlist is also available, intended as a good starting point for newer players. Finally, there are 4v4 and a 6v6 weekly rotating playlists which include other modes like Clash, Supremacy, Mayhem, Lockdown, and Countdown. Competitive players seeking Glory now have two options, a 3v3 Survival mode and a Solo queue variant.

The upcoming New Light update/refresh also brings a newly overhauled skill-matchmaking system. While the 6v6 Classic Mix playlist is entirely connection-based, the others will continue to utilize the newly redesigned Skill-based matchmaking. Without going into too much detail, the goal with these changes was to add a bit of variety for players in an effort to prevent continued games where players get stomped match after match. This Fall, the new system will hopefully provide players with greater variety, with some matches going down to the wire and others could be another stomping. The skill match changes also brought about changes to how players earn Glory, with player skill value also impacting how much is gained or lost.

Season Time At Destiny:

With Shadowkeep comes the “Season of the Undying,” and a new seasonal rewards system

Previously, once you hit the XP cap in Destiny, gaining additional XP would only reward you with random cosmetics, but now that progress will go towards unlocking Season Ranks. There’s 100 Ranks each season, with rank rewards that range from cosmetics to weapons to exotic quests. These rewards will be available to all players, but Season Pass holders will get a few of these rewards earlier than free-to-play players. Additionally, Bungie will allow players to buy Seasonal Ranks as a season ends, as a way for players that want to catch up can still get the rewards even if they didn’t have the time to grind them out. Exact pricing and timing are still unknown, but Luke Smith wrote “we’re currently thinking of enabling this somewhere in the last 2–4 weeks of the Season.”

In addition to these rewards there’s the Seasonal Artifact, also available to everyone. This item has perks that you can unlock over a season to power up your Guardian and create new builds with. However, in the name of rebalancing and keeping the game fresh, each season will come with it’s own Artifact, meaning the build you’re playing at the end of Shadowkeep will go away when the season turns over.

Another big change this time around is that instead of buying an Annual Pass, which included all of the Seasons for Year Two of Destiny 2, you will be able to buy Seasons individually. When you buy the Season Pass for a specific season, you get access to that season’s exclusives, which include the “Premium” track on the Seasons Rank UI (their name, not mine). Shadowkeep’s Season of the Undying is included in the $35 ticket price, but each future season will be $10. While currently there’s no way to purchase an Annual Pass, the Digital Deluxe version of Shadowkeep, which is $60, includes all 4 Seasons in Destiny 2 Year Three. The fact that you don’t require previous DLC ends up making Seasons like a sort of soft-subscription. Think you won’t be playing Destiny 2 for a few months? Skip a season, hop back in next time.

What is Destiny 2: New Light?

New Light is Bungie’s attempt at a free-to-play game for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC via Steam, and Google Stadia. You can play substantial portions of the game’s content but not everything is included in the deal. All Destiny 2 players will be automatically converted to the free version of New Light when it launches and they will keep all their purchases and entitlements, such as expansions.

How much content does New Light have?

A generous part of Destiny 2 is available with the free version; you get access to all of Destiny 2’s year one content, which includes two complete expansions – Curse Of Osiris and Warmind, with no cut content and all stories and quests. You can also explore all planetary locations, including newer ones such as Tangled Shore and Dreaming City from the Forsaken expansion. Players will also have access to the Gambit matchmaking mode, as well as three Raids, all Strikes, and competitive multiplayer mode The Crucible.

the free version will include:

• Patrolling the Moon destination
  • The opening mission of Shadowkeep
  • Two new strikes
  • Crucible Updates
  • Two returning PvP maps from the D1 era—Widow’s Court and Twilight Gap
  • Elimination in Crucible Labs
  • Armor 2.0 build customization
  • Eye of the Gate Lord Seasonal Artifact
  • New finishers
  • Two new pinnacle weapons: one for Gambit and one for Crucible
  • Free Seasonal Rank rewards, which include:
    • New Exotic weapon—Eriana’s Vow
    • Three Legendary armor sets (1 per class)
    • Two Legendary weapons
    • Best of Year 2 Bright Engrams
    • Glimmer and upgrade modules
If you do buy Shadowkeep you get, in addition to the above:
  • The full Shadowkeep story campaign and questlines.
  • A new Dungeon
  • A new Raid
  • The Season Pass for Season of the Undying, which includes:
    • Access to a new seasonal activity, the Vex Offensive, which includes:
      • Four Legendary Weapon drops
      • Random Drops for the Season Legendary Armor Sets
      • Additional weekly and daily bounties
      • Additional weekly challenges with powerful rewards
    • A new weapon quest for an Exotic Bow, Leviathan’s Breath
    • The Premium Track of Seasonal Rewards:
      • These rewards you’d get later in the non-Premium Track you receive on Rank 1:
        • A new Exotic Hand Cannon, Eriana’s Vow
        • Three Legendary armor sets (1 per class)
      • Three universal ornament armor sets (one for each class)
      • An Exotic weapon ornament for Eriana’s Vow
      • Two Legendary weapon ornaments
      • A new finisher
      • An Exotic emote
      • An Exotic ship

Will I be able to access anything from Shadowkeep in New Light?

Yes, instead of being locked out of the brand new content anyone playing the free version can patrol the new Moon location, access the opening mission, challenge the two latest Strikes, and access new Crucible updates. On top of that, any significant feature changes and seasonal rewards will also be available to all New Light players.

A Threesome Or A Orgy?

you can have a threesome in pretty much most areas of the game unless you wanna upgrade

to raids which is 6 player

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep will feature a new raid called Garden of salvation release date is Saturday, October 5.

The Garden of Salvation is a six-player end-game activity set in the Black Garden, the birthplace of the Vex. Players visited the Black Garden in the main story of the original Destiny, but only for a story mission. The Garden of Salvation is much more ambitious and will feature multiple encounters, so it should flesh out our understanding of both the Black Garden and the Vex.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I'm still confused. Is there any benefit for owing just the base game on battle.net (humble monthly!)? I've never played it, did the transfer thing and there was nothing to transfer, obviously. Are you any higher than basic f2p?

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
I'm still confused. Is there any benefit for owing just the base game on battle.net (humble monthly!)? I've never played it, did the transfer thing and there was nothing to transfer, obviously. Are you any higher than basic f2p?
As far as I'm aware, not really. The basic F2P version actually has some more content (since it includes areas from Forsaken), but of course you'll get that as well now, so there's nothing lost, nothing gained. The transfer is mostly useful if you played the game in the past and want to continue, or if you did that and also owned Forsaken.

Reactions: bobnowhere

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if I will be able to resume playing one good year after my last sessions on PS4. It doesn't help that completionists need to rebuy Forsaken.
And I thought the main game was atrocious.

With all the complaining done, I still think of those days as good gaming ones, D2 post main game is really good imho, even when it's bad like Osiris etc.
If Shadowkeep keep it that way I'm game.

Fluffynov

I worship Godd Howard
Dec 9, 2018
So I transfered my bungie battle.net account to steam a couple weeks ago but the game won't show in my steam library. Is that normal?

Maxi

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Yep, you can add it by going to the store page and pre-loading as the game is free you've only transferred over the DLC licenses.

Great OT! Thanks for creating it Queen.

Looking forward to jumping back in but shall probably hold off on the DLC a wee bit as I haven't played any of the season pass content and I'm rather under leveled!

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
Still not sure I'm diving into Shadowkeep day 1. I have all the current content but barely played any of the Forsaken season pass stuff, and was never able to overcome the whole "log on and can't figure out what I want to do" thing when I tried getting back into the game recently. I am definitely interested to see how some of the new stuff works out, because it does look to have potential.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I played half of the base campaign these last two months, and I have no idea what 99% of the stuff mentioned in the OT means. I should jump back to it, it was really fun, but I wanna keep playing Wolfie New Order right now.

Guess I should delete the Battle.Net version, so I can download it on Steam when it launches there.

Reactions: MJunioR and Li Kao

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm gonna try out the free shit before plunging in fully - the regional pricing on Shadowkeep is pretty chef's kiss so the odds of that happening are pretty high even as a whim - can't fucking wait.

Reactions: Li Kao

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
It looks like a decent bit of content is available without buying Shadowkeep, so that should at least help folks like me decide if they like the overall state of the game. Although I imagine I'm still going to have the whole "wtf do i actually want to do" issue upon logging in.

OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
It looks like a decent bit of content is available without buying Shadowkeep, so that should at least help folks like me decide if they like the overall state of the game. Although I imagine I'm still going to have the whole "wtf do i actually want to do" issue upon logging in.
like most mmo type games then :D

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
Ya I guess, but for some reason it's been more of an issue for D2 than other games for me.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
I think I bailed right before Forsaken.

Getting Shadowkeep only gives me access to the locations in Forsaken, right? Not whatever content is there? Is there any reason I would have to/want to buy Forsaken?

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I think I bailed right before Forsaken.

Getting Shadowkeep only gives me access to the locations in Forsaken, right? Not whatever content is there? Is there any reason I would have to/want to buy Forsaken?
From what I know, yes you can only access them but not the content and for what you'll miss it's the ultimates

Reactions: TheLetdown

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
On Bnet the full size was like 100GB
I'm more concerned about the Steam's unpacking mechanism. I remember reading that you'll need 2x times of the download size because while unpacking, you will need space for both downloaded and installed files. Steam will then delete the downloaded files after it's finished unpacking.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
From what I know, yes you can only access them but not the content and for what you'll miss it's the ultimates
Care to develop a little ? I didn't tknow you had access to Forsaken in any shape or form. What are you missing if you don't have the DLC ? Just the weapons ? And the quests I suppose ?

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
Care to develop a little ? I didn't tknow you had access to Forsaken in any shape or form. What are you missing if you don't have the DLC ? Just the weapons ? And the quests I suppose ?
If you don't buy Forsaken you don't have access to:

The campaign
The Year 2 Raids (Last Wish, Scourge of the Past and Crown of Sorrow)
The Forsaken Exotics
Shattered Throne (The dungeon)
Maybe the weapons, not sure here

If you buy Shadowkeep you also get the new subclasses.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Is it know if there will be some kind of bundle for forsaken + shadowkeep?
I see shadowkeep for 30€ on cdkeys but I wonder if wait the 1st October to see what pops up on steam

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
So silly question folks, I bought the Forsake collection/annual leave and am getting that transferred to Steam this coming week, I'll probably pick up Shadowkeep as well. I never played any of Destiny 2 before apart from the trial and never really dug too deep into that. I know everyones getting boosted to power level 750 next week with the F2P/Shadowkeep release, Now my question is, how does that affect doing all the stuff from the base game and everything before you became power level 750 ? Does it trivialise the difficulty for say everything before Forsaken/Shadowkeep or is that difficulty being brought up etc ?

theMIAgod

Mar 7, 2019
So silly question folks, I bought the Forsake collection/annual leave and am getting that transferred to Steam this coming week, I'll probably pick up Shadowkeep as well. I never played any of Destiny 2 before apart from the trial and never really dug too deep into that. I know everyones getting boosted to power level 750 next week with the F2P/Shadowkeep release, Now my question is, how does that affect doing all the stuff from the base game and everything before you became power level 750 ? Does it trivialise the difficulty for say everything before Forsaken/Shadowkeep or is that difficulty being brought up etc ?
It should since everything in The Red War ( Base game) doesn't go above 300 and the year 1 expacs its doesn't go above 500
Forsaken starts at 500 and end at like 690

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I dont know why i'm so stupidly excited for this. I cant even get Shadowkeep yet but im excited to be finally be playing on Steam lmao

less than 12 hours to go 👀

Deleted member 113

Can someone please let me know the following:

-for someone who hasn't played the first game, is there any in-game intro or content to catch up?
-does that Deluxe Edition include everything currently available? I seem to recall reading that a piece of content or whatever from a previous season had to be purchased.
-the Deluxe Edition includes 4 season passes; how do seasons work, in terms of calender year? Are we talking about 1 year of future content, or less?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
-for someone who hasn't played the first game, is there any in-game intro or content to catch up?
Not really, if memory serves. Just the typical you are an established hero and shit happens. The main characters are not presented with new players in mind. That being said, it's not like D1 was super lore deep or very coherent when you didn't read the external website.
Basically these Jedi knock offs are divided in three classes, each with its "master", they are the last wall of defense of the last human city, and everyone and their mother wants to
a) kill them
b) kill each other in order to appear in every damn mission possible

And there is an object / deity / messenger the size of a small moon that gives them the power of light.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Can someone please let me know the following:

-does that Deluxe Edition include everything currently available? I seem to recall reading that a piece of content or whatever from a previous season had to be purchased.
-the Deluxe Edition includes 4 season passes; how do seasons work, in terms of calender year? Are we talking about 1 year of future content, or less?

Shadowkeep Deluxe Edition only includes all Year 3 content. Forsaken is $25 extra and includes all Y2 content. Y1 content is free off the bat.

There are 4 seasons that run alongside the 4 real life seasons. Shadowkeep Standard gives you the first season (Fall 2019) while Deluxe gives you all 4 year 3 seasons. (Winter 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020).

Every season has multiple content drops, some are available to everyone, some are exclusive to shadowkeep, and some are exclusive to the shadowkeep season pass.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I seem to remember it not working on the battle.net version, not tried it on steam, but I imagine it would be the same