News Diablo goes Mobile

Deleted member 113

I don't know if I should laugh, or cry. o_O

I admit I'm not a mobile gamer, but seriously, how does a game like this even work without a physical keyboard or a gamepad?

Reactions: lashman

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Watch as my phone catches on fire trying to play this consistently.

Seriously though, the overall reaction has been very negative after the trailer released. It's quite a shame how many developers & higher ups have been on damage control since the announcement.

This isn't the game everyone was waiting for when they saw Diablo first on the announcements of the day.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Discord and era are hating... I'm personally look forward to commute diablo on my phone...

People are so jaded... Fuck waiting till we even know what's going on
Post automatically merged:

What I mean is.. Mobile games are not some degenerate shit these days...
The average phone can push pixels far beyond the last generation...
And in this case...pushing a mouse button or thumbing your thumb on a screen isn't that different

Reactions: TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
[What I mean is.. Mobile games are not some degenerate shit these days...
The average phone can push pixels far beyond the last generation...
This sentence has been true ever since Plants vs. Zombies hit on the mobile marketplace & has been bigger with a lot of card, gatcha, RPG, & daily based games hitting the market.

With almost everyone owning a smart device in someway, shape or form, the mobile market can rival console markets with most Asian countries even going as far as going mobile & PC only.

Sources:

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I really think that many people can't accept this cause how generic phone could exceed my random. Mm

I'm to drunk

Aaaaaaaaaaa

To drunk

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Not a fan of mobile games 'cause they are inherently hampered by the monetizing mechanics. If they don't feel the need to siphon all your pennies I'm fine with the mobile Diablo. Not like I have to play it and there are people who want to take their addiction to the road with them so as long as those addicted aren't being targeted as money bags it's all hunkydory.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not a fan of mobile games 'cause they are inherently hampered by the monetizing mechanics. If they don't feel the need to siphon all your pennies I'm fine with the mobile Diablo. Not like I have to play it and there are people who want to take their addiction to the road with them so as long as those addicted aren't being targeted as money bags it's all hunkydory.
oh, you can be 100% sure it'll be filled to the brim with microtransactions, lootboxes and other shit like that .... especially since they're developing it with Netease (and apparently mainly for the Chinese market)

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I hope Alcoholikaust is rich enough to play for a whole week before he has to declare bankruptcy.

(I played Fallout Shelter and while it's not really MTX filled it's definitely one of the "Wait until X happens or pay" games, I can deal with waiting but hell 24 hours for a quest that's through in less than 10 minutes and then wait for the guys to get home... Nope)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I hope Alcoholikaust is rich enough to play for a whole week before he has to declare bankruptcy.

(I played Fallout Shelter and while it's not really MTX filled it's definitely one of the "Wait until X happens or pay" games, I can deal with waiting but hell 24 hours for a quest that's through in less than 10 minutes and then wait for the guys to get home... Nope)
that's how those games are .... they're made to be annoying enough for you to consider paying to speed it up .... that's how they get you

SpectrumWarrior

Mods'R'us
Nov 1, 2018

Maybe don't announce it at Blizzcon (in front of PC players that paid to be at your convention) if you don't want such a backlash...

Smash

#1 Member
Oct 23, 2018
What a disappointment. Hundreds of hours spent on Diablo 3 and this is what we get? At least put up a jpeg of a Diablo 4 image done in MSPaint for all I care.

Here I did an initial concept:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm just indifferent to Diablo at all so I don't care if it gets a mobile version but I don't know how Blizzard thought it was a good idea to basically just end Blizzcon with that announcement.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I'm just indifferent to Diablo at all so I don't care if it gets a mobile version but I don't know how Blizzard thought it was a good idea to basically just end Blizzcon with that announcement.
I think this is the crux of the issue. People were expecting something interesting and the company is so oblivious that they think that what their fans want is a mobile game. If they'd just bothered to read what happened with Command & Conquer mobile game reception they would've known to keep the reveal as a small side note instead of "PLEASE GET EXCITEEEED!" schpiel.

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
The issue I have is not that it is a mobile game. My issue is that it is a mobile game from a mobile game company that is known to put out shit and reskins with epic micro transaction loops. Blizzard making their own mobile game from the ground up by themselves would have been a lot more accepted by a lot more people.

Port Diablo 1 or 2 to mobile and watch the money come in with no microtransactions needed.

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
The issue I have is not that it is a mobile game. My issue is that it is a mobile game from a mobile game company that is known to put out shit and reskins with epic micro transaction loops. Blizzard making their own mobile game from the ground up by themselves would have been a lot more accepted by a lot more people.

Port Diablo 1 or 2 to mobile and watch the money come in with no microtransactions needed.
It would sell like hotcakes on a busy morning. I'd pay to play both Diablo games on the go rather than what this is...

brau

huh?
Sep 20, 2018
No interest whatsoever on this. But i am sure Blizz will find a way to tap into this market and make a profit haha They always do.