|OT| Digital Boardgaming - Alone in good company

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I have nothing to say. Zero. Zilch. So much so that it's embarassing. It's an OT for fuck's sake ! :cryblob:

Maybe... video games are usually not that social, but when you feel a little alone you can always play a digital boardgame ! So you don't have to go out, face natural light, and socialize. Who has time for that ?
...well ok, I can't push the joke further, I'm getting old and soft :anguished-face:

In truth, board games in person are a treat, farrrrrrr better than digital, and if you feel alone go talk with us here
But there are time where digital boardgames are cool too. This is why you should play with this wonderful community

UPCOMING RELEASES

RECENT RELEASES

CLASSICS

FAMILY GAMES

OTHER GAMES TO CONSIDER

PARTY GAMES

DECKBUILDERS

GROGNARD

YOU LIKE THEM A BIT MORE VIDEO GAMEY ?

COLLECTIBLE CARD GAMES

CUSTOM APP

YOU KNOW, WE NEED MORE OF THOSE : THINGS YOU SADLY HAVE TO EMULATE
Culdcept

Fortune Street

Mario Party

If you are really into all this and have a lot of time on your hand, there's always that book.

Amazon product

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]DISCUSS ! NOW ![/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yay! Glad to see you made the thread. Great work! [UWSL]:highfiveblob:[/UWSL]

I'm a pretty big board game fan but rarely have enough folks around to play a lot of them so getting some new ideas for digital ones will be a big help.
[UWSL][/UWSL]
Pretty excited to hopefully play some of these in the future with all of you. [UWSL]:smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:[/UWSL]

OSatan

OFather OSun
I would kill for a Culdcept steam game.

Scythe :blobnerd:

Also random but the new Risk version in steam is really good like scarily good.

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hey! Nice OT! You might wanna add aeon's end on the deckbuilding part, also on sale right now
And One Deck Dungeons
Thanks !
They were part of the first selection but cut because I feared the OT would become awful looking with too many games. That being said I will gladly add them (y)

Reactions: lashman

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Fantastic work Li Kao ! Very well organized OP with plenty of cool recommendations. I've always liked board games but I've been getting even more and more into them over the past few years. I especially appreciate digital board games since they're way more convenient than their physical counterparts! These are some more suggestions for the thread even if they might be a little too vanilla 😅

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
You know I seriously considered Uno, I have a soft spot for it since the xbox live version.
And Meta-Coop has played several Cluedo games, paging BlindRhythm

Should I include them in the Op ? What do you say guys ? My only fear is having an OP too packed, but I have nothing against good old vanilla games on the other hand. Maybe a ’Family games’ category.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
You know I seriously considered Uno, I have a soft spot for it since the xbox live version.
And Meta-Coop has played several Cluedo games, paging BlindRhythm

Should I include them in the Op ? What do you say guys ? My only fear is having an OP too packed, but I have nothing against good old vanilla games on the other hand. Maybe a ’Family games’ category.
That was something I struggled with in the co-op thread as well. We got so many great recommendations that I had to switch to the Google Sheet format.

Which if you'd like I could give you access to that Sheet and add a couple new tabs specifically for board games that you're welcome to edit anytime.

But to answer your question, yeah I think it would be great to add those as well. They're all classics and Clue and Uno are two that I still love to play fairly often. Though I won't say no to a round of Monopoly, Life or Battleship either. :)

OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Done :cat-pizza-blob:

BTW I was checking steam reviews to push me over the edge and buy the bundle, and I swear every time I look at an Asmodee adaptation there are a million bug complaints. Unfortunate that they are one of the big players in the physical landscape and a major source of digital games :anguished-face:
Buggy Carcassonne, they must pay their dev in Monopoly money.

Last edited:
OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Moved Blood Rage from Upcoming to Recent.
Looked at steam reviews, it's a joke, classic Asmodee.

:jj_mofo:

Reactions: lashman
OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Jesus, what a mess of a thread. Bad OP is bad !
I'm in the mood people. Refresh the thread ? Create a physical boardgame thread ? Or do nothing and sulk ? SO.MANY.POSSIBILITIES ! :blobeyes:

PS. Is there a way to know what game was linked after Spirit Island ? I'm triggered.

• Hug
Reactions: Cacher and lashman
OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Any takes on Crimesight here?
Nope. For what it's worth Steam Reviews are Very Positive, but the price tag is a tad high for something I'm not sure how you play. And I'm not the biggest Clue fan, so I really need to see good feedback.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
My housemate wants to borrow my "Dock" from my Steam Deck so he can try his Tilt5 with it.

Also, sorry for the hijack Li Kao but i think this might fit here better than elsewhere? Might report in Steam thread for visibility tho.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao
OP
Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
My housemate wants to borrow my "Dock" from my Steam Deck so he can try his Tilt5 with it.

Also, sorry for the hijack Li Kao but i think this might fit here better than elsewhere? Might report in Steam thread for visibility tho.

WTF, I don't care ! You are more than welcome ! So rare to see someone venture outside of the Steam Thread, into one of my aging shitty thread even !

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
This is the Tilt5 i was talking about. My housemate was a backer on Kickstarter and it's been a bit of a trek, there's still some QA & Comms issues to solve but he has the kit he bought at last. It's pioneered by Jeri Ellsworth who is mostly famous for spending some time at Valve working on hardware there.