Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
at this point i'm following at least 300-400 early access games :p

mostly to be notified when they finally get out of ea ;)

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
at this point i'm following at least 300-400 early access games :p

mostly to be notified when they finally get out of ea ;)
400 games... :eek:

I try to limit the games I follow, because they could easily clutter my activity feeds (some games get updates so often they could even disturb me with notifications while playing a game). But I need to follow them so that I wouldn't miss their launch week. Is there a way to be notified only for the important announcements? Like when they're about to release the full version, which is the main reason I follow them in the first place.

Reactions: lashman and Kvik

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
400 games... :eek:

I try to limit the games I follow, because they could easily clutter my activity feeds (some games get updates so often they could even disturb me with notifications while playing a game). But I need to follow them so that I wouldn't miss their launch week. Is there a way to be notified only for the important announcements? Like when they're about to release the full version, which is the main reason I follow them in the first place.
you'd think that would be the case ... but in reality - it's not that bad ... or maybe i'm just not following the games that update THIS often :p

Deleted member 113

Well, my approach with early access games is a bit different from yours.
I can't say I particularly follow most games.

If it's something I'm really interested in playing, I buy them at launch or on their first sale (because early access titles are usually more expensive after launch, and frequently have exclusive content for early buyers, or free DLCs, soundtracks, ...), and wait until they are content complete. By content complete, I don't necessarily mean leaving early access. For example, on December of 2017, Book of Demons, a game that just left early access, already had all levels, achievements, and even the ending in place, so I played and finished the game at the time.

If it's something that I'm not particularly interested in, I simply add them to my wishlist, and when the game leaves early access, I usually receive an email from Steam informing me of the fact, and I re-check the games, and see how they turned out.

Reactions: lashman
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
you'd think that would be the case ... but in reality - it's not that bad ... or maybe i'm just not following the games that update THIS often :p
You might be right. But I simply hate it when my feeds are full of EA updates, especially if the updates are a huge wall of texts and images.

Well, my approach with early access games is a bit different from yours.
I can't say I particularly follow most games.

If it's something I'm really interested in playing, I buy them at launch or on their first sale (because early access titles are usually more expensive after launch, and frequently have exclusive content for early buyers, or free DLCs, soundtracks, ...), and wait until they are content complete. By content complete, I don't necessarily mean leaving early access. For example, on December of 2017, Book of Demons, a game that just left early access, already had all levels, achievements, and even the ending in place, so I played and finished the game at the time.

If it's something that I'm not particularly interested in, I simply add them to my wishlist, and when the game leaves early access, I usually receive an email from Steam informing me of the fact, and I re-check the games, and see how they turned out.
Interesting, I didn't know that kind of early access progress is possible. From what I've seen, most early access games are saving the later parts of the game for the official release. I do agree that it's best to buy them on a sale, that will become the lowest price we can snatch them before launch. But early access games very rarely go more than 25%.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Is there a way to see which games you own are Early Access games?

Steam library filters is tagging games that are Early Access, but even games that left EA are still in there
don't think so :( unfortunately
Answering my own question and in case you also want to know that lashman
Steamdb can list all the early access games you own on Steam

Here is my list of EA games
Deques · Steam Calculator · 76561198000724542

Wow, I totally forgot that I own Godus and it is still in Early access
Post automatically merged:

I got a 66% coupon for Books of Demon. It stacks with the current discount. Ping me if you want it

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I kickstarted Wolcen.
Tried it when it first came on STEAM and was still called Umbra and really barebones
Looks pretty neat right now but not tried it for ages.
Also have Exanima on my wishlist, keep threatening to buy it because the atmosphere is so cool.

OniluapL

Dec 7, 2018
Well, I'm following Hades now, I guess. Also Long Gone Days, which someone mentioned - looks so good! I'm sure I have more, but I don't actively look up them or anything (which I maybe should do, I'm bound to miss some full launches this way)

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Answering my own question and in case you also want to know that lashman
Steamdb can list all the early access games you own on Steam

Here is my list of EA games
Deques · Steam Calculator · 76561198000724542

Wow, I totally forgot that I own Godus and it is still in Early access
Post automatically merged:

I got a 66% coupon for Books of Demon. It stacks with the current discount. Ping me if you want it
Using the Steamdb list it seems I only have twelve Early Access games (with one of them Radical Heights, heh).

I rarely buy games in EA and honestly most are either FTP or I didn't realize it was EA when I bought it.

I do the same as lashman by wishlisting any EA game I'm interested in and then I get the Steam email telling me when it gets full release. I bet I have at least 100-200 EA games wishlisted right now.

And then I have at least a couple games I'm waiting to go up on Steam, like Radio the Universe and Minoria, that I follow with Kickstarter and Patreon updates.

OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
But in a lot of cases, early access games will hike in price when they're officially released. So I'd want to get a notification/email when they're about to get out of early access. That would be perfect for me.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
By using the Steamdb page I created a list of all interesting EA games that I own, even with those games that have left EA.

I might have missed some games, but at least I have a list of EA games

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
According to SteamDB I have 8 Early Access games right now... and I don't recall buying any of them so I guess they are from bundles or were free.
I don't really follow Early Access games since I'd rather play the "Complete" version, but I do not mind picking them up when they're still in EA but content complete (did this with The Vagrant during the summer sale).

The only one I actively have on my radar right now is Edge of Eternity, but since it only just entered EA, it will still take a while until release anyway.
I don't really use the "Follow" feature on Steam at all, I just wishlist stuff and get notified on release, or more likely read about a game leaving EA here or on Era.