News El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (Steam) - releasing September 1

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I'm actually really excited for this one. One of those games that since it was revealed years ago, had always intrigued me and on the back of my mind.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Port seems a bit bare-bones from a settings perspective, but the game is low enough that any medium spec'd PC is running it with ease. The price also seems to be much better now (not everywhere unfortunately).

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Downloading now. Excite!

Gotta say, feels like they stepped on almost every major rake they could to tank day-1 sales.

✓ Over-pricing the game initially
✓ No pre-release communication about pricing being adjusted for release (!!!)
✓ No pre-release coverage, streaming, interviews or other ways to build world of mouth
✓ No pre-release details of options in the port
✓ Launching in the night for much of US and EU

I hope sales pick up a little today, because gauging by the current user reviews it's not looking great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Downloading now. Excite!

Gotta say, feels like they stepped on almost every major rake they could to tank day-1 sales.

✓ Over-pricing the game initially
✓ No pre-release communication about pricing being adjusted for release (!!!)
✓ No pre-release coverage, streaming, interviews or other ways to build world of mouth
✓ No pre-release details of options in the port
✓ Launching in the night for much of US and EU

I hope sales pick up a little today, because gauging by the current user reviews it's not looking great.
yeah, I assume there is no marketing budget, I only know of this game because it has stayed in my mind since I saw footage back in the xbox360 days. I guess they just hope word of mouth will help move copies.

Reactions: beep boop

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Downloading as well. Here in Europe, the pricing is excellent and I remember enjoying the game on ps3. Can't wait to play it!

Reactions: beep boop

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
yeah, I assume there is no marketing budget, I only know of this game because it has stayed in my mind since I saw footage back in the xbox360 days. I guess they just hope word of mouth will help move copies.
Yeah, same here. I read about the game back when I still had a game magazine subscription (i.e. a long time ago). Glad to finally be able to play it.

Edit: Having played a little of the game, it has some very rough edges.... :pensive-face:

Last edited: