News Epic threatens another exclusive

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
He's probably talking about E3, where many of the announced games will be Epic Store exclusive. Epic has billions to spend, and it's clear that they are willing to use that money to cripple Steam as hard as possible.

My guess is that RDR2 and Bloodborne are two of these games, in addition to several games of popular indies.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte
OP
Hektor

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Didn't listen but it sounds like it's said with pride. Does he not realize that "steam fans" is also known as your customers?
Seems to me as if they only see developers as their customers with players coming in once the devs are

Reactions: Le Pertti

Deleted member 113

Does he not realize that "steam fans" is also known as your customers?
Well, I must correct you on that. It's "potential" customers. Because personally, there's no way I'm buying anything from their store. :p

But yeah, their tactics will surely work with me. They will "rage me" so much with their appalling practices and juvenile comments, I'll totally be won over, and start buying from them. :giggle:
Flawless plan. :LOL:

Reactions: Le Pertti

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My reaction

He's probably talking about E3, where many of the announced games will be Epic Store exclusive. Epic has billions to spend, and it's clear that they are willing to use that money to cripple Steam as hard as possible.

My guess is that RDR2 and Bloodborne are two of these games, in addition to several games of popular indies.
Its ok
We can wait out on those. We waited this long, we can wait another year :v

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Its ok
We can wait out on those. We waited this long, we can wait another year :v
Yep, not giving Epic a single cent because of their shitty behavior.

I already own Bloodborne and Persona 5 on PS4, and I have no interest in Rochstars games anyway. But I am sad each time I see one of my favorite indie developers accepting Epic's bribe. :(

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Steam fans will be on rage
If this is an actual quote, the man is an asshole. Getting pleasure on pissing off your competition's customers, that's shitty, and it only serves to make me never want to use your service nor give you money.

Just keep those filthy hands off my Japanese games. :jj_fool:

I really hope the store becomes a drain for them, and buying exclusives doesn't get greenlit anymore as a result. Or maybe they'll can Sergey and close the store. :unsure:
Yep, I hope so too. Hopefully it'll fail before they get the chance to moneyhat many more games.

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
"Steam fans will be on rage"
:jj_stfu:
Is this moron so dense that he doesn't see how pissing off potential customers will bite him in the ass? This behavior, along with the moneyhatting, is precisely why I refuse to install EGS even for the free games. And if a game I want does get hatted, I can certainly wait a year or just refuse to buy the game as there are plenty of other games to choose from.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, please provoke those stupid "Steam fans", let's get it on! It's only 99% of PC gamers that use Steam, lol. And journos fall for that crap themselves like it's some gamergaters or Chinese review bombers as the general Steam audience that all us cool, woke people want to finally escape from or something. Wtf?! They'd totally start crying if Valve started funding exclusives, but the thing is they neither stand for that nor are they so desperate to cultivate an audience.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if the game is Bethesda's Rage 2 now :p

I want to play that but oh well. Not if it's on EGS or even Bethesda's shitty client. I'm fine with companies having their own launcher but it has to be half decent.

Last edited:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
A bit of clarification on ResetEra:

Um, sorry guys, but I need to clarify some things. First of all, looks like there was a misunderstanding and it's not the Galyonkin himself who said this, but some dude on some russian podcast that supposed to know things and act like he is an insider. This is the link to the podcast -

19:51 timestamp if it won't be saved. Anyway, he just said that "he mentioned this already that in the spring, Steam fans will be on rage. I won't tell anything, you will see it yourself once it happens". I'm still not sure how close his ties with epic games and why he is so sure that something really outrageous happens, but that's it. Again, it's not Galyonkin himself, never jump on the gun with stuff like this without exact quotes and proofs, some things might be lost in translation like in this case. And I doubt that many people would be outraged when that unannounced game will be revealed as EGS exclusive on GDC, disappointed yes, but not outraged.
The PC Gaming Era | February 2019

I'm guessing that if it's unannounced game then it'll be Borderlands 3 with the way Randy has talked about Valve in the past.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I'd only be sad if it shows a clear evolution in the gameplay. I played Borderlands 2 a lot but in the end it was really just an addictive grind rather than inherently fun, especially when all the same enemy types evolved into damage sponges after the initial levels where there was some semblance of tactics with headshotting and picking off the larger threats first, after that it was just chaos where it was all about your stats for dps output. The themed areas were pretty cool and numerous for sure but the gameplay systems super basic with only numbers increasing after all was said and done. Very basic gunplay, AI, whatever. It's not like non-FPS RPG games where your character also usually advances and gains access to cool skills and spells that actually change the way you play and your available strategic options, it was just the same from start to finish with very limited skills and then the same mixed and matched gun traits repeating. I'd rather play non-loot open FPS games like the first Rage (and hopefully the sequel is good too) even if they're overall shorter than Borderlands. For all its issues the gunplay and overall action was fun. Or games like STALKER where exploration of the large areas is both dangerous and feels rewarding in its own way as you gain resources you need to survive, to repair your guns, protect yourself better etc. It's kind of similar in Metro Exodus (got it on Steam) though it's also much more linear (well, Borderlands was linear too really, going from theme park area to theme park area). That's why I have more hope for Rage 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Russian troll or not, he's probably right. We're gonna hear a lot of "Epic Store exclusive" on E3. In combination with Microsofts plans to store PC games into strongly encrypted XVC containers, I'm not sure I even want to see the PC gaming show on E3.

Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
At this point I wish Gabe would start bribing developers to release their games everywhere except Epic store.