|OT| Feedback on a Collector's Checklist

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Hello MetaMembers!

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm TheVectronic, & this is my first thread in the site!

I'm an avid collector of videogames, mostly focusing on the PlayStation side of things, but I would like to expand to other consoles overall. I'm recently collecting games on the PlayStation 3 more & more frequently due to reduced prices on these games ever since the next generation of consoles arrived at the scene. As I was going through to find a good list to get an idea of how many games I have compared to how many there are available, I could never find a list that had most if not all the physical PlayStation 3 titles in an organized matter. So I'm currently developing just that, a full list of all the games that are physically available in each region.

I'm currently starting with Americas first, as it generally covers most games on the system. So this is where the thread comes in, I'm looking for good feedback on my current spreadsheet that I have at the moment. I'm open to all criticism & reception on the document, as well as leaving this thread open for future updates.

What I'm looking for in terms of feedback:
  • How the data is presented:
    • Is the data presented in a way that is legible?
    • Do you feel that any changes are necessary on the presentation?
    • If there's any other data you like to add in the spreadsheet, what is it & why?
  • Is the information accurate:
    • Is there any game that didn't release in the region? (Must have evidence to support the claim)
    • Are the games titles misspelled in any way, shape or form?
    • Is there a game missing on the list? (Must have evidence to support the claim)
  • Any other miscellaneous criticisms or comments
Click me for the link to the Alpha Spreadsheet

Note:
The sheet is in comment only, so you can add various thought in & out of the thread.
Copying & Sharing is available to pass about, but make sure to credit the person who made the list.
The games are organized by sheets indicated by year & listed by release date on the region rather than alphabetical order with exception to the Greatest Hits sheet.
If there's an issue or error with the sheet, reply to this thread or send me a message with the problem, I'll try to troubleshoot when I'm able to.

Lastly, if there's anyone else collecting for the system, send me message, I'd love to talk to you & maintain contact.

Cheers!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
hmm ... the only thing i'd change it maybe have the lists be in alphabetical order ... or maybe at least add one more column to each other with the release date actually listed so it's possible to quickly sort either alphabetically or by release date

OP
TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
hmm ... the only thing i'd change it maybe have the lists be in alphabetical order ... or maybe at least add one more column to each other with the release date actually listed so it's possible to quickly sort either alphabetically or by release date
I’ve been told that, but I wanted it to reflect the releases. I wish I could make it so I could filter & switch between release line up & alphabetical order on a whim without the need of an extra column, but the extra column is a neat idea as well. I was also considering making a note with each game showing off the releases, but that would take some time.

P.S. Is it possible make it so that when you filter through release dates you can move the whole row or a select number of cells so that it doesn’t look like a jumbled mess?

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
P.S. Is it possible make it so that when you filter through release dates you can move the whole row or a select number of cells so that it doesn’t look like a jumbled mess?
as in ,,, ? how exactly?

OP
TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
as in ,,, ? how exactly?
I’m having the issue of when I filter it only changes the cells in that column instead of the whole rows associated with the information. So, if I say put it in alphabetical order, the checkmarks don’t move accordingly. So I’m wondering if there’s anything that makes it possible to filter & have everything move without making a mess.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
ohhhh .... hmmm ... filters should move all rows together

maybe you should add filters to all the rows? maybe that would work? that's how i always do it in Excel

Reactions: TheVectronic
OP
TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
ohhhh .... hmmm ... filters should move all rows together

maybe you should add filters to all the rows? maybe that would work? that's how i always do it in Excel
Might end up doing that when I get back to my computer after lunch. We’ll see how that goes.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Figured it out, I managed to free the rows completely moving all with the filters. I should be able to update later in the day. I'll also figure out if you can keep the original order as switch between them seemlessly.
sweet!!! :D

OP
TheVectronic

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
Okay, updated the spreadsheet to be able to filter in alphabetical order, and true/false.

I've maintained the order to be release date based until I can switch to it without having to reset or undo, but if anyone doesn't care for that you can just click on the filter & it does it automatically for you.

I'll slowly begin to add facts, descriptions & tabs for each game in the notes for an accurate way to display things. I'll begin using 2006 as a basis & work my way into each sheet until completed.

Then I'll probably introduce another column to illustrate other fun things, but I'll keep them in the writing process until I can finish the rest.