Opinion French Fries or Sweet Potatoe Fries

Which kind of frie is the best?

• Total voters

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

I just had some Sweet Potato Fries with a chilli cheese burger and it was DE-LI-CIOUS, but i noticed how SPF fill you up a lot faster than normal fries.

I also think the flavor of sweet potato fries is a lot more dominant than normal fries and doesn't go well with everything.

For the purpose of the poll, curly and ruffled fries are considered normal fries because they're from the same potato.

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
While I do like me some sweet potato fries, I pretty much had a lot of time with regular potato fries so yeah, regular fries.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
sweet potato is healthy, but man I'm not used to it compared to regular fries. Beef chili sweet fries is amazing tho

Reactions: NarohDethan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'll go for SPF regularly as they're different and in my mind a bit healthier but i do think they're disappointing so i prefer Chips or French Fries. They have to be hot, crispy outside and fluffy inside which is where SPF fall down. Also, Chips go with everything where SPF don't.

Reactions: Trisolarian

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I like french fries but if I have them too often I get grossed out. Especially if they're bad :p

Reactions: MJunioR

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I was a little worried but it was just a matter of vocal minority. I approve of this poll result.
Sweet potato fries, honey mustard, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together.

Reactions: Stevey and MJunioR

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Sweet Potato Fries with the right sauce are great, but not so much by themselves. Regular Fries can be great with a mild seasoning, a sauce, or something like Parmesan Truffle Fries. I'm not sure what was in the sauce, but I've had some amazing Sweet Potato Fries at a fish taco restaurant before. Regular Fries are usually a safer bet though.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I like both, but with different proteins. I only like Sweet Potato with Chicken or Fish, if you have it with beef the meal feels too "heavy" overall.

Regular fries are pretty amazing though just because they go well with pretty much anything, even ice cream, and can be seasoned in such a wide variety...

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Normal fries because I never had good sweet potato fries. Only from some store brand and they were disgusting until heavily salted.

Reactions: MJunioR

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It's funny that it's called "French fries", because afaik they have their origin in Belgium. I think the difference is that Belgium fries are a bit thicker, making them soft inside and crunchy at the outside.

And we don't eat fries without mayonnaise here. 😊

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
🤢

I always remember the odd looks i'd get in the Netherlands when i was a kid and had to ask for no mayo at every meal.
Mayo, not even once.

Gimme dem Belgian Fries though! :blobdrool:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It's funny that it's called "French fries", because afaik they have their origin in Belgium. I think the difference is that Belgium fries are a bit thicker, making them soft inside and crunchy at the outside.

As a frenchman, I am totally prepared to concede and let Belgium be the creators of this godly treat, but... if I remember some stupid TV from a few years back, it’s still unclear.

And, not to antagonize you, my friend and neighbor, but I wouldn’t point at the thickness of the fries as a differentiator, every fries lover know the value of a good thick one, wait...
Well, as I was saying, I think the main difference is in the type of fat you use to fry. I have been dying to taste it that way, but good luck trying to find it in France.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
As a frenchman, I am totally prepared to concede and let Belgium be the creators of this godly treat
Merci mon ami! 😊

Oh-oh...

if I remember some stupid TV from a few years back, it’s still unclear.

And, not to antagonize you, my friend and neighbor, but I wouldn’t point at the thickness of the fries as a differentiator, every fries lover know the value of a good thick one, wait...
Well, as I was saying, I think the main difference is in the type of fat you use to fry. I have been dying to taste it that way, but good luck trying to find it in France.
Well to be honest, both the thickness and the fat used is different in each fritterie. Belgian top chefs say you need to use bull fat, but most people use plant oil.

According to my wife, the difference is rather that Belgian fries are baked two times: first at 150°C, and after cooling down again at 170°C. But perhaps this is how it's done in France as well?

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Merci mon ami! 😊

Oh-oh...

Well to be honest, both the thickness and the fat used is different in each fritterie. Belgian top chefs say you need to use bull fat, but most people use plant oil.

According to my wife, the difference is rather that Belgian fries are baked two times: first at 150°C, and after cooling down again at 170°C. But perhaps this is how it's done in France as well?
I’m certain it’s not the norm here, but yeah I had heard about this double baking thing.
Put those double baked bull fries IN MY VEINS !

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018

Fries with mayo are delicious.

Fries with chili-mayo are even more delicious.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Actually just enjoyed some sweet potato fries with a turkey reuben yesterday

Followed it up with a healthy serving of bourbon bread pudding w/ vanilla ice cream

oh lawd

Y'all yam haters gonna get sent to my gulag if ya dont learn