News Game Not Over! A Fireside Chat With John Carmack - Fundraiser Online Event for the Internet Archive

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Just received this by email newsletter from the Internet Archive and though I'd share, in case anybody here has money to burn on a donation to the Internet Archive and wants to get an online talk and panel discussion live stream out of it. Original email below:

Save the Date: Game Not Over

On June 23rd, please join us for the special event Game Not Over! For decades, gaming has been one of the central driving forces behind technological progress in the digital age—from increased storage and memory needs to advancements in graphic capabilities, and even how we interact with and socialize around media and each other. How has this medium morphed and changed, and more importantly, how do we preserve this reflection of our culture into the future?

The event will include a virtual fireside chat with John Carmack, independent AI researcher and Consulting CTO to Oculus/Facebook. A panel discussion will follow with Garry Kitchen, Industry Consultant and President/CEO of Audacity Games; Kelsey Lewin, Co-Director of the Video Game History Foundation; Kate Willært, Geek Culture Historian and Founder of A Critical Hit!; and Internet Archive's Free-Range Archivist Jason Scott. Join us as they take a unique look at the past and present of the gaming industry, as well as why the Internet Archive is key to understanding its history. Admission will go towards the long-term preservation of our software collection and our mission of providing universal access to all knowledge. Tickets will sell quickly, so reserve your spot today!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for that, i must have missed it I'll have to check my email. I donate to the Internet Archive quite often.