|OT| Gaming ScreenShots 2020 -2021, Where Everything Look's Beautiful

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Some more MHW: Iceborne. I'll try to vary up the monsters from now on, but I can't help it, this is one cool monster to fight.

Also going to try working in some shots from other games off and on when my MHW addiction subsides briefly. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Yes, I have to stay on brand and include at least one goofy shot. I must!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Some more MHW: Iceborne. I'll try to vary up the monsters from now on, but I can't help it, this is one cool monster to fight.

Also going to try working in some shots from other games off and on when my MHW addiction subsides briefly. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
holy shit, that looks great! :)

awesome shots, man! :D

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Wow will never stop amazing me with what they manage to do with their engine's limitations.
Same, although since their engine is entirely proprietory, we can only assume what goes on behind Blizzards doors. Maybe they have some real engine wizards working for them, and their engine is way better than we think ;)

jim2point0

MetaMember
Dec 24, 2018
Those are amazingly beautiful and well-framed. Any mods?
Thaaanks. Regarding mods, I'm using quite a few. Like 50-60 mods total. Too much to list here.

But yeah... I have a few more :p

alternate silhouette version ^^

Some more more Monster Hunter shots.
These look fantastic. Trying to not get sucked back into that game though....

(did they add a photo mode or something? please say no...)

Zexen

Jan 26, 2019
World of Warcraft
Holy f, I hope you don't mind me stealing that first shot, it will be great on my 2nd monitor.

These look fantastic. Trying to not get sucked back into that game though....

(did they add a photo mode or something? please say no...)
They did, you can do poses and gestures, change fov, detach it from your character as well as hiding the UI. It's still limited imo, but there was a CE table with a free camera iirc.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The remaster is just graphics for the sake of it IMO, completely changes the feel of the game in a lot of areas.
yeah, it's sooooo different from the original ... not just graphically, but the entire artstyle as well

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Some Halo: CE comparison screens from the MCC on STEAM.

I prefer the OG to the remaster.

The remaster is just graphics for the sake of it IMO, completely changes the feel of the game in a lot of areas.
It feels like little consideration was given to the color palette, to the lighting and subtlety of it in the OG. That skybox feels like it screams look at me which is the opposite of the intent of the original.

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
The original looks way worse than I remembered, clearly just clumsily making the most of its old tech than going for any specific atmosphere or mood, but the remake looks fairly decent all things considered (like having to keep the exact same as the original layout and such for the on the fly switching you can do).

There's definitely some artifacting to sort out though, that might be there only with the "enhanced graphics" option (which I'm not sure what all they do, on Reach they also enhanced LOD so it was best to leave them on for sure), I noticed it on humans first but it definitely seems to be in my screenshot above too.

Last edited:

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
i still can't get over just HOW GOOD that game looks, damn

also - great shots as always ... you really do have a talent :)
Haha! Same to be honest and I'm closing in on 1000 hours played. There's moments where it still manages to surprise me with its graphics.

And thanks for saying that! It means a lot. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: lashman

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
Some very early shots from Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I've barely made it out of the intro sections and I already got a little choked up by some of the scenes.

So either I'm a big softie or I had forgotten how great Moon Studios is at visual story telling.. it's probably a little of both. :cuteblob:

I'll be coming back with plenty of these I'm sure. Some more action focused ones too.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Some very early shots from Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I've barely made it out of the intro sections and I already got a little choked up by some of the scenes.

So either I'm a big softie or I had forgotten how great Moon Studios is at visual story telling.. it's probably a little of both. :cuteblob:
yeah, that game looks incredible ... it's beautiful!

I'll be coming back with plenty of these I'm sure. Some more action focused ones too.
please do! :) can't wait

Reactions: PossiblyPudding