Community Getting old and feeling it.

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Played a few rounds of Siege with a guy who's ten years younger and has 500 hours more of experience. I told him that I feel like I'm dragging the team down and well... His comment was... You are old your reflexes are not that good so I'll forgive you.

There should be a gaming rung for people who are getting old. Like... Let the teens battle it out amongst themselves while high on Monster while us oldies sip tea or coffee and try to move the mouse over the enemies heads and clicking oh so slowly.
Post automatically merged:

Also my erection isn't as reliable as it used to be.

pahamrick

Pricky Ricky Dicky Bob
Sep 6, 2018
Played a few rounds of Siege with a guy who's ten years younger and has 500 hours more of experience. I told him that I feel like I'm dragging the team down and well... His comment was... You are old your reflexes are not that good so I'll forgive you.

There should be a gaming rung for people who are getting old. Like... Let the teens battle it out amongst themselves while high on Monster while us oldies sip tea or coffee and try to move the mouse over the enemies heads and clicking oh so slowly.

Also my erection isn't as reliable as it used to be.
Man. Poor Schnitzelfee and I feel your pain there for sure. :p

Robby

Short, but sassy.
Sep 20, 2018
I just can't compete regularly anymore in any PVP game. I have my moments in the Crucible in D2, but people can pull off some insane shit before I even have time to blink and I'm left wondering wtf happened.

I also threw my back out unloading groceries on Sunday and have had to use a cane for the past couple days. Yes, getting old is terrible.

Reactions: Nahkapukki

Robby

Short, but sassy.
Sep 20, 2018
I'm only 38, but the life of an IT admin isn't really conducive to good back health. I need to move around more. My puppy got neutered last week and he's still wearing his cone of shame, so my dumb ass hobbling around on a cane while taking him out is probably a pretty funny sight.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm only 38, but the life of an IT admin isn't really conducive to good back health. I need to move around more. My puppy got neutered last week and he's still wearing his cone of shame, so my dumb ass hobbling around on a cane while taking him out is probably a pretty funny sight.
you should definitely post some pics of your pupper!

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
:D just be wary that you don't get the cone of shame.

The people I play Siege with call me "Pops/granddad/old timer"

I'm 35! There's still some life in me!
35? how are you even still alive?!
Is this even living?!

I just killed some fools in PUBG, like skilfully, felt young for a moment... THEM sniper skills

pahamrick tell me about it... *feels ancient*

Nahkapukki pff... just wait till you reach my biblical age
Only thing biblical about you is your lust of neighbors donkeys.

Last edited:

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Didn't Halo introduce some sort of matchmaking for adults at one point? As for Siege specifically just play competitive mode and be a low ranked player playing with other low ranked players, no shame in that.

Semperfid

Sep 20, 2018
39 here..been gaming since i was 7....watching my son throw up a 30ft structure in fortnite and then air headshot someone with a sniper rifle in seconds made me realise my reflexes are not what they used to be.......you just gotta adapt how you play. in siege i am slow and methodical in how i clear rooms and while it may annoy the randoms it gets the job done

iosefe

Refuses to use a custom tag
Sep 19, 2018
i'm not gonna say im' feeling old, but the amount of times i have to tell kids that a certain tv in the store i work isn't a touchscreen i die inside

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
yeah, this stuff is about having fun at the end of the day... I dont wanna be the best... I just wanna have a chill good time
You wouldn't know that when you get stuck with a teammate whose whole vocabulary consists of the words "noob" and "fuck"

I don't get that, I mean... I play for fun and I just shrug off that kind of toxic bs but there are people who get triggered by it and the whole team gets sidetracked thanks to one guy being an asshole. It gets reeeeaally boring.

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
I feel you dude, even tho i ain't that old yet. But i think it is the patience i lack. I rush a lot in PUBG which is almost like a coin toss.

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
It's a coin toss in Siege too but mostly against me. :D My potato aim is often the thing that kills me. I'm a decent anchor tho since I just stare at a door and when something moves I click the button.

Reactions: Pranooy and lashman

IBJamon

MetaMember
I turned 40 the day after this thread was created.

I'm not sure what that makes me...

:unsure:

I play far less FPS these days, partly because of tastes and partly skills. Though I suppose my reaction times might have stayed a bit better if I practiced them. Nowadays I sit in my little RPG land where I can move as slow as I want to... lol