Jun 3, 2020

Developer: MICA Team
Publisher: Sunborn Network Technology
Genre: 3D role-playing strategy
Platform: PC, Mobile
Release Date: Coming Soon
Official x Account: https://x.com/GFL2EXILIUM_EN

Introduction
10 years after the events in Girls’ Frontline 1, ex-commander (player, male/female) of a private military corporation, Griffin & Kruger, is now a mercenary who lives by running errands in this post-WW3 desolate world. One who lived through hells and disappointed with reality, commander left G&K behind and started wandering the wasteland with limited resources and allies. The self-imposed exile, however, seems to be ending soon when commander accepted a shady yet lucrative request to transport a container for a mysterious client...

Trailers
Announcement Trailer - Dead Flame Reignited
The dead flame reignites, the parted Dolls reunite.
To pierce through prolonged and impenetrable darkness, to bring back hope, and to be the cutting edge of a newer world.

Characters
Commander (Player):
In GFL2, commander has their own personality and is fully-voiced in the main story

Dolls (Playable Units):
Character sheet from official x account
updating in progress

World
Lore sheets from official x account
updating in progress

FAQs

1. Do I need to play GFL1 to enjoy this sequel?

The common census of CN players is that it is not required to play GFL1 in advance. However, there are many returning characters in Excilium so knowing them beforehand would enhance your experience in the game.

If you are interested in the story of GFL1, I would recommend you check out GFL Story Order Guide for the timeline and GFL Cutscene Interpreter for all the story in the game. Be sure to start from Area 1 (=Chapter 1) instead of Deep Dive for the original experience. In addition, the main story of GFL is expected to conclude in 2024 so the game has no ending yet.

Personal opinion ahead: GFL is a slow burn and the story does not get interesting until Deep Dive. Singularity is the first climax and marks the ending of the huge prologue before it. Again, knowing the main story of GFL1 is not required for Exilium, but if you really want to dive into the world of GFL, I would recommend sticking with it until Singularity before deciding if you should finish the rest. (I also haven't finished reading the main story yet lol)

2. This game is still coming soon and I want to start playing now. Any game to play to tide over?

Personally I don't recommend starting GFL1 now. The game is old, extremely time-consuming and punishing to play. I would recommend checking out the Cutscene Interpreter instead for the story featured in GFL1.

There is also a spinoff / prequel to GFL called Neural Cloud which is available on mobile. The game is still on-going and receive regular updates.

Meanwhile, you can also purchase and start playing Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery, a game set in the future of GFL world depicting the conflict between Union of Rossartrist Nations Coalition and Antarctic Union Yes, there is bread in the game

3. I heard of a NTR drama. Is that real?
Every gacha game has its fair share of drama. :shrugblob:

Extra Resources
A collection of GFL Universe lore written by Ferrari
GFL2 stickers/emotes pack translated by mosinman espart
Ceia translates and posts CN news on his x account and YouTube account

Last edited:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Thanks for posting that story recap. I do want to check this out and knowing what's going on in the universe is very helpful.

The game having no release date in sight makes it a bit hard to get very excited about it right now though.

Reactions: Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for posting that story recap. I do want to check this out and knowing what's going on in the universe is very helpful.

The game having no release date in sight makes it a bit hard to get very excited about it right now though.
:cat-heart-blob: Thanks for reading.

Although there is no release date yet, the social media accounts have been updated nearly daily since last week, so it is speculated among fans that the game will be out in late 2024 / early 2025.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
Surely, we'll get a release date soon right

Strange lack of Neural Cloud here

• Evil
Reactions: Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Strange lack of Neural Cloud here
Because I have only played it a bit and not sure if it is canon. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Should have included it in the FAQs.

Edit:
Added Neural Cloud in FAQs
Added Extra Resources

Last edited:
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks Mayling! This lore hit differently to old timer.

Updated the OP

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Updated

Oh, and Mayling is crunching. :disappointed-face:

Last edited:

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Great thread! Thanks for the story recap as well. I stopped playing GFL1 around Shattered Connexion but at that point I was skipping through the story.

Surely they'll post the pre-reg date soon right?

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Great thread! Thanks for the story recap as well. I stopped playing GFL1 around Shattered Connexion but at that point I was skipping through the story.

Surely they'll post the pre-reg date soon right?
The common speculation is that pre-reg will likely open after Tokyo Game Show in late September.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Normally I try to refrain from posting news from CN to avoid spoiler, some commanders who have played GFL1 may be happy to see her.

Putting it into spoiler.
416 :face-savouring-delicious-food:

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Weekly update to the OP. The introduction of the main story squad is done! I wonder who will be the next character to introduce.

Btw... who want to try Groza's curse cooking?