|OT| Grindwheel Games Titles

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Its that time again!

Pumpkin spiced pumpkins are flying off the shelves. Everyone is going goth. Christmas decorations are being sold next to Easter eggs, because god help us all if we're not consuming something holiday related. And it is time for the reveals of the 6 general part pages for my latest book, which is coming out in a little over 2 weeks!

Please find the first of these below. Enjoy!

Lamps in the shape of marine life are a common sight on most ships. Sailors believe that by hanging these from the ropes at night the spirits of the drowned who rise up to the deck of the ship will believe they are still underwater. They will then fly on to pester another ship, or sink back beneath the waves. Clerical scholars are uncertain as to the legitimacy of this claim, and the money generated by the sale of votive candles and blessed oil to burn in the lamps keeps them from debating the issue too seriously.

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
More art as we count down to release!

The box this bitter incense comes in claims it can keep spirits and minor Infernals at bay. Rumour has it that the stuff also dismisses Externals who are exposed to the smoke. The monastery which produces the cones make no such bold claim out loud. But at the same time they also hint that there has never been an External attack where the incense was proven to be burned.

Also, a quick shout out to Lovecraft Video Games - Home - Lovecraft Video Games They have a review copy of Tattered Sails, and identified an issue with the Punch Dagger caused by streamlining the combat system to fit the new Traits. I got a fix out last night thanks to them spotting that.

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Welcome to the weekend everyone!

We have an art page for you below, and also a review of Tattered Sails by Lovecraft Video Games - Delve Into a Sinister Curse in The Hunter's Journals - Tattered Sails - Lovecraft Video Games They seemed to enjoy the more laid back and slow burn investigation in this one, which is nice. Wight Chapel Dreams is shaping up to be a little closer to Blissful Ignorance in terms of difficulty as it too involves a lot of thinking and build-up, but I am going to be starting Return to Wight Chapel with a plan to make that a little beefier. Now so beefy that you need the item below, which would have been handy during Red Ripper, but still a little more of a challenge.

Anyway, have a great weekend, and I hope you are all looking forward to Monday's post!

Recent tales emerging from the Sunlight Alliance of rats the size of houses eating whole villages have led to an increase in sales of poisons like this. A coincidentally rising statistic is the number of Broadsheet Killers who use these substances to commit their vile crimes. Still, no giant rats have been sighted within the UIC's borders...yet.

• Love
Reactions: lashman
OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Morning all! I hope you all had a great weekend.

I managed to get Wight Chapel Dreams sorted and ready for production next year, so I will be back to one of the most fun parts of this job - writing the core text for Return to Wight Chapel. I have also had some feedback from our testers, and it is sort of mixed. They definitely enjoyed it, like Lovecraft Video Games, and from what I can tell they also found it fun, but felt there was more too it. And, on checking...there was! So it looks like the game, overall, has a situation where is it easy to get to 'the end', but you have to dig deeper to find the real mysteries in the investigation. Which is pretty good from my perspective.

Anyway, please enjoy the next art page and lore below, and have a good week!

The whispering stalks of the Grass Sea hold many secrets. Ghost towns and bandit camps, beast lairs and hidden temples. Even with modern supplies the area is hard to navigate, and it is said that barely a third of the region has been fully mapped. Who knows what wonders and horrors could be lurking behind the swaying plants?

• Love
Reactions: lashman and OFF
OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
can't wait ... super-excited!
Well you won't have to wait much longer! We're going live on Sunday as planned. :)
Just uploaded a bunch of changes spotted by our sharp-eyed tester too, so hopefully a nice, polished experience for people to enjoy.

• Love
OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Well, the testers have given the game a clean bill of health, meaning it is 100% completable as far as we can all tell. It was previously, but I had to go in and add a load of little fixes to make that completion smoother. So Tattered Sails is ready to go. And speaking of things which are ready to go...here is today's art page!

Chalk Cove is also known as 'the city of steps'. Even the interiors of the houses are laid out over multiple levels due to the steep incline the port is built into. It is also frequently plague by mists. Some say these are caused by the spirits of drowned sailors, who come back to the city for one last look at their old lives before moving on.

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
And, as always, we come to the last page...the death page. As seen in the trailer, this one has quite the nautical theme to go with a lot of the rest of the book. I hope people see this one a little less than Red Rippers death page, for sure!

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to wishlist the game if you haven't already!

Death by drowning is considered to be one of the worst fates a soul can endure. As only a few religions claim their gods dwell underwater, the spirit of the lost must trudge through the underwater abyss to reach whatever heaven they are due to go to. Those who are barred from heaven must reside on the sea floor amongst the darkness, cold, and pressure for all time.

• Love
OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
IT COMES...

The TATTERED SAILS have been sighted on the horizon. Something unearthly moves through the fog like a ponderous colossi. The stars wheel overhead. Portents are bleak.

Can YOU stand against it?

Halloween is here, and so is Tattered sails!

Grab your copy now, and enjoy a more subtle, slow-burn adventure which sees you exposing a terrible horror from the past. I hope you all enjoy this latest title, and also the spooky Halloween story below. With 5 books out now, it seems a little crazy to write one for each, so I have decided to focus purely on the previous year's launch for a promotional boost in this manner. As such, here is today's story for Red Ripper...

Behold, the silos of the slain.

Dust gathers in these blessed skulls, each grain is a hope, a thought, a dream. See it stream from their eyes like tears, gathering upon the floor in drifts. Wade through their memories until your clothes are stiff with regret, and your flesh stained with woe.

Behold, the armies of the anointed.

They sit, in ranks, containing the fervour of the lost and the damned. See the words carved into their faces with pins of sanctified gold. Run your fingers over them and feel the bone crumble beneath your touch, releasing the words into the air like incense.

Behold, the end of eras.

Each holy vessel waits for the wheel to grind around once more. See the kingdoms they cherished turn to graveyards as they anticipate the new cycle of life. Put your ear to their fleshless lips and hear them whisper 'join our quite vigil'.

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Good evening! This time I was not caught out by the sales starting, so all eligible Grindwheel Games games are on sale!

Tattered Sails is still less than a month old, so it cannot be included, but all the rest are 50% off if you want to grab them.

OP
Grindwheel Games

Grindwheel Games

Jun 6, 2019
Good morning all.

So I had a word with Shark Robot to see if recent exposure through streaming had managed to push the posters up to a point where they could remain on the store front. The answer, sadly, was no.

They will remain available until the end of the year, at which point I will start looking to see if I can find them a home elsewhere. So if you want some of this amazing artwork on your wall, now is the time to grab it, as I cannot promise I will be able to find a new home for them elsewhere.