Support Hangover cures?

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Curse my luck, this thread would have been incredibly useful for me yesterday. Spent the whole day recovering from a night of excess, while feeling like dying. I'm learning though: I didn't make any silly promises about never drinking again; this time I just promised to stop drinking until I forgot this specific hangover. Which may happen next weekend or whenever.

But yeah, being hungover is the worst thing in the world. The body truly hates being drowned in alcohol, and doesn't mind making us feel guilty for that.

OP
OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Curse my luck, this thread would have been incredibly useful for me yesterday. Spent the whole day recovering from a night of excess, while feeling like dying. I'm learning though: I didn't make any silly promises about never drinking again; this time I just promised to stop drinking until I forgot this specific hangover. Which may happen next weekend or whenever.

But yeah, being hungover is the worst thing in the world. The body truly hates being drowned in alcohol, and doesn't mind making us feel guilty for that.
Yeah it's like the body hates your brain having a time off. Also it could be a revenge for me dancing Prodigys Voodoo People... "You made me do stupid stuff now I'm going to hurt you"

Sep 20, 2018
Before you go to sleep after a lot of drinking just chug a liter of water or so. You'll feel better in the morning since the hangover is just being dehydrated. at least that is what i do and it works fine. But i also don't drink like you Finns.

Sep 20, 2018
Pft.... I've been in colder weather. Wisconsin really showed me what a cold winter is with its -35 windchill. Where breathing deep is a no no, opening your eyes is a no no. You feel your cheeks will peel off, and spitting will create a small ball of ice before it hits the floor. Good times. Its no wonder WI has the highest consumption of alcohol in the US.

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Holy Roman Empire
we get tormented for days after drinking cause we are old Nahkapukki ... I have the same problem these days... feel shit forever after a nice night of vodka...

I usually try to sleep as long as possible the next morning, down like three classes of water before going to bed and then the next day soak in the bathtub for an hour and maybe a ibuprofen and a ice cold can of dr pepper... and if nothing helps I use the good old "Konterbier (counter beer)" as we say here aka just drinking a few beer to feel a bit better and then stop...

rinse and repeat weekend after weekend :LOL:

another, a bit more hardcore method is to just never stop drinking (y)

Anteater

Someone please take me to AA
Sep 20, 2018
Just water works for me, I drink lots of water with/before liquor. I don't get hangovers. I still feel like shit the next day though, psychologically :poop:

Last edited: