Opinion Have you gotten angry at customer service?

Do you get angry at customer service?

• Most of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Only when necessary .

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
I was wondering if anyone got angry at customer service or at a company for not doing their job? I don't mean like getting angry over fast food employees or groceries, I see stuff like that as overblown and unnecessary IMO, but things like waiting for an ISP to fix your internet connection or not getting a refund. My personal example is where I called an ISP customer service because my internet connection doesn't work. I tried to be as nice and patient as possible to the workers on the phone, because I know it's not really their fault, but when they promise for over 2 weeks that the internet will be usable, and I tell them it's not, they would say "we'll check on it, call us another time". I do that several times over these 2 weeks, hours of back and fourth of transferring my calls to a technician and then to the previous person got me frustrated. When I finally got angry at them and their manager, they somehow made my internet functional on the spot.

Same thing happened when I ordered something on Amazon, didn't like it, and wanted a refund. They told me to deliver it to one of their facilities. I did, checked the delivery tracking number and it's shown it has been delivered, but I did not get a refund as promised. They would say "it hasn't shown up yet", even though it shows that the courier delivered it and I double checked with them several times on the issue. It wasn't until I annoyed them for several days and then they went "okay, here's the refund".

I know it's really shitty of me to do this and I do feel bad afterwards, but sometimes it feels that the only way to get things working is when someone gets emotional. I don't generally do this unless it's necessary like having an internet connection because it allows me to do so many things (checking study resources, entertainment, connecting with friends and family, etc.) or refund for an expensive product. Shitty ass shareholders and CEOs don't have to deal with that and it makes me frustrated since companies like Amazon and ISPs don't need to improve because they keep getting money anyway.

Has anyone here done the same? Do you regret it and feel it wasn't worth it, or do you feel it was the only way to have a fast solution or a response? Sorry for my bad English if this was a bit rambly.

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yes. I was in a car crash once, and my insurance sent the car for repairs. The repair guys did a horrible fucking job, and called my insurance company again to ask them to send it to another workshop. But for some reason they had my car registered as ‘totaled’ but still sent it to repair. They should have given me another car. Me and my dad lashed out at the poor guy (I was younger and my dad was understandably fucking pissed). But I never heard from them again. They no longer exist AFAIK.

Reactions: fsdood
OP
fsdood

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Yes. I was in a car crash once, and my insurance sent the car for repairs. The repair guys did a horrible fucking job, and called my insurance company again to ask them to send it to another workshop. But for some reason they had my car registered as ‘totaled’ but still sent it to repair. They should have given me another car. Me and my dad lashed out at the poor guy (I was younger and my dad was understandably fucking pissed). But I never heard from them again. They no longer exist AFAIK.
Damn, good thing you weren't injured, but you never got another car or got that one fully fixed? That sucks, reminds me of the situation with my brother sent a car for repair and was promised a temporary car only to get it two months after the fact.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Damn, good thing you weren't injured, but you never got another car or got that one fully fixed? That sucks, reminds me of the situation with my brother sent a car for repair and was promised a temporary car only to get it two months after the fact.
Nope, my dad sold it for peanuts not so long after that.

OP
fsdood

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
PLOT TWIST:

I AM CUSTOMER SERVICE

AMA
:fearful-face:
I don't have any smart questions and I know people give you a hard time, but how many times do the same customers complain and the company does nothing until they get heated? Or do you feel 99% of customers are stupid and overreact?

Reactions: teezzy

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
PLOT TWIST:

I AM CUSTOMER SERVICE

AMA
Boom we strike back Bois.

Although, I m not really customer off the street facing anymore, I provide support, repair, debug in a professional environment, so it's not like someone is calling me to say their background changed when they stole a copy of windows. 🤣 However, every now and again I get a Yahoo. Like weeks ago someone caught the chatbot and left a downvote and a message that said, quote "Fuck you." Guy was an owner of a business. I banned them from chat but continued a professional level of support via email with a good conclusion. I was a bit miffed but I swallowed it.

Long story short, CS reps always get respect from me.

I rarely if ever get shit via email or phone conversations but chat makes people angry. It's also the most public facing venue that my company had to Joe public.

Last edited:
Reactions: teezzy and fsdood

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
People screaming at me at customer service is the reason I swapped to overnights. So no I haven’t.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
No and I doubt anybody who has ever worked in customer service themselves has. I'll jump off a building before I do that again.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
:fearful-face:
I don't have any smart questions and I know people give you a hard time, but how many times do the same customers complain and the company does nothing until they get heated? Or do you feel 99% of customers are stupid and overreact?
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Currently working the call center for a major automobile company which I won't name Very Willingly. Slowly maneuvering my way onto the social media and/or chat team as we speak, as my survey scores are through the roof, and my bosses have taken a liking to me as a result.

The most difficult aspect of the job are customers who somehow think they're the boss of me, or are somehow above the standard operating procedure of the facility. I have guidelines and rules which I have to work within. These include things like not being able to prematurely hang up on customers who insist on holding me hostage on the phone until they get what they want (seriously, please never do this), or somehow have access to information which I don't. I also can't recommend you install an aftermarket radio in your vehicle (for instance), but I can suggest it is well within your right as a consumer to consider alternative options. The ones who think I'm somehow able to issue recalls personally, or bend the rules of our warranties outside of our unwritten grace periods based on brand loyalty are particularly interesting. I'm not the CEO, I don't build the cars, I drive an 8 year old Honda Civic ffs. My job is to document your concerns and get you to a dealership so they can fix your car, more or less. Seriously, take your car to the dealership if you can afford it, it pays off in the long run.

I do genuinely try to help every caller I get within my ability to do so. If you come into the call cussing me out I can refuse to speak with you unless we keep the language professional, and if you insult me directly I can have a supervisor listen in and give me permission to hang up on your jerk butt. If you're going to call a company and ask for help, don't be a jerk. I treat every caller like they're a guest in my home, and it has done me wonders. If a guest walks into my home and starts yelling at me because they have an oil leak on their 1998 vehicle with 250,000 miles... I might not be so willing to offer them some of the pot roast I just prepared. It can be hard to empathize when you've heard the same stories over and over again, but cars are huge purchases for most people, and I've yet to be able to buy one new for myself, so I retain that sense of humanity.

What I find most interesting is now when I call up my cable company or something, I'll routinely ask the representative how their day is going, etc. Things of that nature. It's shocking how much more people are willing to help when you treat them like a human. Go figure.
If it helps, after that episode I swore to never treat people like that. It doesnt excuse me of course, but I was a fucking asshole 10 years ago.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
If it helps, after that episode I swore to never treat people like that. It doesnt excuse me of course, but I was a fucking asshole 10 years ago.
Don't sweat it lol.

Every call I take begins with me asking, "who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?" I want people to know that I appreciate them calling in and allowing me to document their concerns. I know what it's like to get miffed at a customer service rep, so I try to provide the exact opposite experience of that. Even if I'm unable to help a customer you best believe I make it clear that I did everything within my power to try and assist them, I'll even use what's known as a "courtesy hold" as to avoid shooting off a rejection too quickly. If your rep didn't make you and your father feel valued, then maybe they shouldn't have been in that field of work. Idk.