News HITMAN 2 - How To Hitman (The Briefcase)

brau

huh?
Sep 20, 2018
I am surprised at the turn around to make 2. This is also releasing as a full game right? they also said that they would be left to do the vision of their original plans unlike with 1? its still way too fast.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I am surprised at the turn around to make 2. This is also releasing as a full game right? they also said that they would be left to do the vision of their original plans unlike with 1? its still way too fast.
well ... they have been working on all those levels even before Season 1 released completely (and i know it for a fact ;)) ... plus i imagine they have some outside help (like Sumo Digital doing the Colorado level etc.) ... also-also all they really need to do are the levels themselves since all the mechanics are the same for all of them (+ the additions for S2 but that still applies to all the levels)

brau

huh?
Sep 20, 2018
Its interesting. I just know they wanted less levels in 1 that were even more dense and bigger. I would be all for that. But very watered down small levels that are very straight forward does not sound fun. Either way, the game looks cool. I hope its a step in the right direction and they let them do their thing.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Its interesting. I just know they wanted less levels in 1 that were even more dense and bigger. I would be all for that. But very watered down small levels that are very straight forward does not sound fun. Either way, the game looks cool. I hope its a step in the right direction and they let them do their thing.
yeah, hopefully ... i'm mostly glad about them bringing back levels from S1 .... i LOVE the fact that they're not just leaving those behind ... so with those added there should be TONNES of levels in H2 :) and hopefully they'll do the same for 3

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I did not know that. really? they are bringing them back? with added stuff?
yup, all of them :) (not for free, unfortunately ... you have to own S1 to get them for "free" in H2) ... and yeah, they're updating all of them for people to be able to use all the new stuff they added/changed in H2 (like the briefcase, working mirrors etc.)

brau

huh?
Sep 20, 2018
working mirrors? whats that?
i already own season 1. maybe i should think about season 2 already.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
working mirrors? whats that?
i already own season 1. maybe i should think about season 2 already.
working mirros as in - mirrors actually work now :p NPCs can see you in mirrors now (they couldn't in S1)

and yeah, you should definitely buy Hitman 2 ... just ask BernardoOne - he'll back me up ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
thats cool. i dont see the point to that. but its cool haahah
well the point is that previously you could just sneak up on people washing their hands without any problems :p not anymore ;)

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I really hope they get the sales and praise they deserve. The amount of content in 2 is mind-blowing, specially bringing all the first game maps. Coop sniper mode is surprisingly fun and deeper than it seems at first glance.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I really hope they get the sales and praise they deserve. The amount of content in 2 is mind-blowing, specially bringing all the first game maps. Coop sniper mode is surprisingly fun and deeper than it seems at first glance.
yeah, i hope so too ... they deserve ALL the success ... Hitman is sooooooooooooooooo good

Reactions: Echoes

Deleted member 113

I really hope they get the sales and praise they deserve. The amount of content in 2 is mind-blowing, specially bringing all the first game maps.
Sorry for bumping this thread, but as a follow-up to this, early reports from the retail side of things, particularly in the UK, is that the game has sold very poorly. :cry:
In the UK, the game has seen a 90% drop compared to Hitman Absolution.
Pokémon and Spyro top hyper competitive week at UK games retail

Hopefully digital sales, especially in the upcoming Christmas season, may offset some of this, otherwise the series (and IO Interactive) may be in trouble,

This is a bit depressing. From what I played, the game is filled with content, and it's just so insanely good. An easy highlight for the year.

This is the second "big" game in the space of a month that I really enjoyed, and who was met with some public disinterest and poor sales (the other was Soulcalibur 6),

Reactions: brau and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Sorry for bumping this thread, but as a follow-up to this, early reports from the retail side of things, particularly in the UK, is that the game has sold very poorly. :cry:
In the UK, the game has seen a 90% drop compared to Hitman Absolution.
Pokémon and Spyro top hyper competitive week at UK games retail

Hopefully digital sales, especially in the upcoming Christmas season, may offset some of this, otherwise the series (and IO Interactive) may be in trouble,

This is a bit depressing. From what I played, the game is filled with content, and it's just so insanely good. An easy highlight for the year.

This is the second "big" game in the space of a month that I really enjoyed, and who was met with some public disinterest and poor sales (the other was Soulcalibur 6),
that might be something for a new thread maybe? i mean - don't be afraid of making threads, lol :p