News HITMAN 3 - announced for January 2021

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Being a big fan of Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 2018, I anticipate this greatly. I assume they will stick to their formula and expand on it, as well as have great locations and level design...which is really all I want from a Hitman game. I wonder if they will attach all of Hitman 1+2 levels to it, like Hitman 2 came with all of Hitman 1's levels.... would be nice to have it all complete (however the installation size would be bonkers..)
Also I hope their pricing will be less nuts than previously. A bonus would be if you didnt need a guide of how to purchase it to own all of it. They released 1+2 very confusingly.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The first two were awesome, so I have faith IO will knock this one out of the park too. I'll probably be in day one for this.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Being a big fan of Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 2018, I anticipate this greatly. I assume they will stick to their formula and expand on it, as well as have great locations and level design...which is really all I want from a Hitman game. I wonder if they will attach all of Hitman 1+2 levels to it, like Hitman 2 came with all of Hitman 1's levels.... would be nice to have it all complete (however the installation size would be bonkers..)
Also I hope their pricing will be less nuts than previously. A bonus would be if you didnt need a guide of how to purchase it to own all of it. They released 1+2 very confusingly.
They've already announced all levels will feed into this game. And progression from 2 will feed in, too. On top of that new unlocks in the third game can be brought back through the earlier two so that could add some possible new twists.

Yeah im up for more Hitman. The recent 2 have been top games for me.

Please no eggs exclusive please no eggs exclusive
Considering the above with previous games being "imported" into Hitman 3 it essentially guarantees it'll be on Steam.

Edit: Source: Announcing HITMAN 3 - IO Interactive

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I am excited for Hitman 3!! :)

I am curious on whether Hitman 2 will be launcher for the third game or if it's going to be entirely new game

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I am excited for Hitman 3!! :)

I am curious on whether Hitman 2 will be launcher for the third game or if it's going to be entirely new game
According to the blog post linked above, hitman 3 will be the hub for all three games, where you import everything previously released

• Love
Reactions: Deku and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Oh, so there IS a Hitman 3 thread after all. So I might as well post my impressions here as well.

Ive mentioned before that I play Hitman 3 on Stadia*, and its pretty good, on par with the other two games, sometimes better. Gameplay is basically the same with only a few additions: you get a camera which hacks some stuff (for some reason, I could do without this, Id rather have a real photo mode/a first person perspective to choose)), and you can unlock shortcuts in levels that stay open permanently afterwards (these are neat).

The maps are as always the main attraction and they're great.
Dartmoor stands out, featuring a murder mystery plot a la "Knives Out" which is pretty neat, and the other maps all have their charm as well. Mendoza is a vineyard in Argentina, bright and colourful, Berlin features a rave club, Dubai is basically Burj Khalifa, Chongqing has this neat neon city flair and isnt super innovative or anything, but still, a good map. And there's another map which I dont wanna spoil.

I played through it all already, of course, as its not exactly long, you can romp through the main story maps in under an hour if you know what you're doing. But getting to know the maps (they are, as in Hitman 1+2, huge) takes a while, of course. Still, probably took me less than 10 hours for it all, but I played around 50 hours all in all; but this includes replaying Hitman 1+2 maps (on Stadia, its all just packaged into one game, "Hitman: World of Assassination", and it contains whatever maps you have purchased/unlocked from all three games).
Hitman 2 was on Stadia Pro so before Hitman 3 came out I replayed all the old maps, also to get some unlocks and to get into the Hitman mindset again. But I wont prolong the Stadia Pro sub (first month was free, so...) so I'll lose access to those maps from Hitman 1+2 (hopefully keep the unlocks tho).

I play slow and methodical most of the time, trying to get to know the map well...but I also try to kill only targets, not use disguises, not get spotted... basically, I aim for Silent Assassin Suit Only. You could do it a lot faster if you just mess around and follow the story missions that basically guide you, or if you dont care about stealth so much and just play messy (which can be fun too).

Not sure how much more of Hitman 3 I'll play on Stadia now. It IS a fun game, dont get me wrong, but having unlocks and progression in two places, one of which I dont intend to use for anything else...thats a bit dumb.

* I can attest "lots of people" play it on Stadia too, because I managed to be #5 on the score leaderboards for a map ... and that would NEVER happen on Steam, even if it is very early in the games lifecycle.

So anyway, those are my slightly incoherent thoughts on Hitman 3, and here's a screenshot of 47 taking a selfie as well as leaderboards that are so deserted that even I can be in the top 5.

~

To add, the decisions made by IOI how they released this game are obviously dumb. And I said in this very thread that I hope for a less confusing release, and they made it even worse this time around. Stadia users didnt get any progression transfer whatsoever, and other platforms had to jump through hoops to get access to their previously bought content/achieved progress. Not nicely done, IOI. I wonder if they'll ever learn consumer-friendliness. Their "guide" that they released to bring some clarity in how to actually get a complete trilogy was so bizarre. If you need to release such a guide, you should know you completely messed up your release strategy.

~

I also wanted to share this Hitman 3 video (from the Dubai map) from Auzziegamer - my favourite youtube video maker, and even tho he does not release a lot of stuff, it is always worth watching:

Other good Hitman yt video makers are BigMooney06 ( https://www.youtube.com/user/bigMooney06 ) and MrFreeze2244 ( https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFreeze2244 ).

Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
SuperBunnyhop video on Hitman 3 / the whole World of Assassination trilogy

I agree with him on pretty much everything. It's one story stretched over three game & five years, and its a bit of shame that even now people have to wait still to experience the whole shebang on Steam, where it belongs. I hope IOI makes a "complete complete edition" for a reasonable price sometime... and I also hope they switch it to offline progression at some point. But nothing points to that right now, so Im not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: lashman