News Homeworld 3 Officially Announced (on Fig...whatever that is)

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
There are three games that make me lose all sense of reason and calm:

Tenchu
The Witcher
Homeworld

Tenchu is dead. Long live Tenchu Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. CDPR is working on Cyberpunk, so no Witcher, but I'll settle for the TV show for now.

And then there's Homeworld, which is so niche, I almost missed this announcement.

Almost.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Clear my schedule! My bank account is ready!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
you do realize it'll most likely be egsclusive, right? ;)

(also - you can say "shit", you know :p)

Reactions: Ge0force

Deleted member 113

I played plenty of the original two games, but embarrassingly enough, despite pre-ordering Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, I... never went beyond the main menu. :giggle:

Like I keep saying, my backlog is an embarrassment. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Saw the announcement but between Gearbox and EGS I'm trying to avoid getting hyped :(

If it's exclusive this one is going to "hurt".... Homeworld 1/2 were sooooooooooooo amazing. The 3D gameplay, the atmosphere and the music... an incredible experience.

I liked Deserts of Kharak but it didn't reach the level of the originals, and it was missing a certain Mothership that I'm using as background on my Steam profile page :p

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Damn, i love that modern take on the Chriss Foss art-style, Rob Cunningham has got it nailed!

Deleted member 113

I'd like to hear more if you don't mind. I have no idea what this is.
Several recent Fig crowdfunded titles did a 180º close to release, and became EGS exclusives, despite promising Steam keys, GOG keys, DRM-free downloads, Linux versions, and whatnot.
One of them was Phoenix Point, which I backed.
That's the first game I got "burned", in terms of crowdfunding going back on the delivery of their rewards (the second was Shenmue III, but that was on Kickstarter).

Considering they aren't identifying the platforms, and considering what has been happening with Fig funded games, I was mentioning that despite this being something I would love to back, after 2 negative experiences, I doubt I'll go for a 3rd.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I love Homeworld, so much so that I would eat the conversion from dollars to support it....

But Gearbox, Randy Pitchford, the probable EGS exclusivity (maybe by Q4 2022 they will have stopped?) and the weird $1 goal because the game already has funding but they are still doing the crowdfunding thing makes me stay the hell away from it for now.

Oh,... and they obviously didn't put the Steam question in the FAQ :p

Still, this one I will probably get.. in... Q4 2023? Ouch.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm not surprised to see Homeworld 3, but I'm thrilled here. Not going to do the pointless Fig thing, especially if they won't promise a choice of keys. I'll wait the year. But I'll be crabby about it.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Several recent Fig crowdfunded titles did a 180º close to release, and became EGS exclusives, despite promising Steam keys, GOG keys, DRM-free downloads, Linux versions, and whatnot.
One of them was Phoenix Point, which I backed.
That's the first game I got "burned", in terms of crowdfunding going back on the delivery of their rewards (the second was Shenmue III, but that was on Kickstarter).

Considering they aren't identifying the platforms, and considering what has been happening with Fig funded games, I was mentioning that despite this being something I would love to back, after 2 negative experiences, I doubt I'll go for a 3rd.
I love Homeworld, so much so that I would eat the conversion from dollars to support it....

But Gearbox, Randy Pitchford, the probable EGS exclusivity (maybe by Q4 2022 they will have stopped?) and the weird $1 goal because the game already has funding but they are still doing the crowdfunding thing makes me stay the hell away from it for now.

Oh,... and they obviously didn't put the Steam question in the FAQ :p

Still, this one I will probably get.. in... Q4 2023? Ouch.
I'm not surprised to see Homeworld 3, but I'm thrilled here. Not going to do the pointless Fig thing, especially if they won't promise a choice of keys. I'll wait the year. But I'll be crabby about it.

Respect.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

PC-Patriot

Press Any key, where the hell is it ?
Aug 5, 2019
Before EGS infested the world I would have been all over this. Loved Homeworld and Homeworld 2. But nope this is a huge massive "thanks but no fucking thanks". I would rather keep my happy memories of Homeworld 1 and 2 which were released at a fantastic time for the PC than sully them with Homeworld 3 which will be locked down to a shitty store owned by a lying scam artist bellend..

Anyone that backs this on fig automatically loses any credibility to scream "but but I didn't know it was gonna go EGS exclusive" when it goes EGS exclusive.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So they need crowd funding but the goal is $1 to ensure they make their goal and take all the money people pledge regardless at which point they'll likely still develop the game as they plan to already meaning they don't need crowd funding to do that after all... Meh.

Just an attempt to get more than the $ a copy of the game or SE or CE or whatever will actually cost per super fan I guess.

And they'll go EGS for the lower fee but they don't mind sharing the profits with all kinds of other folks (not that fig offers such great "investment" potential)?

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
So they need crowd funding but the goal is $1 to ensure they make their goal and take all the money people pledge regardless at which point they'll likely still develop the game as they plan to already meaning they don't need crowd funding to do that after all... Meh.

Just an attempt to get more than the $ a copy of the game or SE or CE or whatever will actually cost per super fan I guess.

And they'll go EGS for the lower fee but they don't mind sharing the profits with all kinds of other folks (not that fig offers such great "investment" potential)?
They are doing this for the fans! Don't you understand?! The fans!!!

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm interested in a Homeworld 3 - hell the even got Alex Garden in the video somehow, and didn't have Randy.
That said, Gearbox has me holding off until way more details are announced and/or it's EGS window ends