News How Shadow of Chernobyl changed during development (Oblivion Lost prototypes and beta versions)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
our very own InquisitorAles did a thing :)

[UWSL]In anticipation of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 coming next year, I've decided to take a look back at Shadow of Chernobyl. This is a very special game for me, but it's a notorious victim of its own ambitions and hype. After 6 years of troubled development, it went through several redesigns and ended up being a completely different game that developers promised to deliver. From Oblivion Lost prototypes to pre-release versions, this video includes rare alpha footage and tells a story about why Shadow of Chernobyl changed so drastically before release day. Enjoy![/UWSL]
enjoy!

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Was about it post it here myself lol, thanks! I hope you guys will enjoy this documentary, not gonna lie it took me longer than I anticipated to make it, This year was messy in many regards, but at least I've managed to finish this video, so that's one thing off the list. Happy holidays, guys!
So far it's very interesting and it has been quite a journey, I better keep listening so I learn even more details about the exclusion zone :cat-heart-blob:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Only about halfway through, but this has been really interesting. I followed the game for years, but there is a lot of information here I did not know, and footage I have never seen before. Awesome work InquisitorAles.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
One day we'll get a game that encompasses all of the crazy scope STALKER envisioned throughout its tortured development.
As is, the first game and Call of Pripyat expansion are still two of my favourite action/adventure/horror/jank games ever.
About half way through InquisitorAles, and it's thorough stuff, makes me want to reinstall the game AND search out the mods that recreate some of this stuff.