Community INDIE GAMES TAG | March 2019 | The Number 7 ALMOST Looks Like A 1

Phawx

Not-tradamus
Sep 6, 2018
Welcome to Indie Games TAG March 2019!

Here are the rules:

If you are "tagged" (I.E. someone chooses you) you will be tasked with exploring past/present/future Indie Games. (if you made a game and want to share it - it's also allowed (AND ENCOURAGED)) For resources, you can either show-off an Indie game that you just really like or look below in the "EXPLORE INDIE GAMES" section to find some indie games that stand out. The Format is:

Name of GAME
Developer
store page/KS page/webpage link/Twitter Link/Etc...
Screenshots | Video | gifs

Try to find gifs or screenshots that encapsulate and distill the idea of the game (or just stuff that you personally find interesting) You need to post AT LEAST ONE game before you can tag someone else. There isn't any limit on games you can post within your turn. After you're done, IT'S YOUR JOB TO TAG THE NEXT PERSON.

HUNT.
THEM.
DOWN.

Ping them on Metacouncil. Ping them on Twitter. Ping them on Steam. Be relentless. When you are IT it's your damn job to go and tag someone else.

EXPLORE INDIE GAMES (Please check the following links)

Truberbrook - A Nerd Saves the World
Developer - btf
Store Page - https://store.steampowered.com/app/757300/Truberbrook__A_Nerd_Saves_the_World/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/BTFcologne

Gameplaywise, Truberbrook is a somewhat classic point-and-click adventure game.

Mood and atmosphere of the game are inspired by TV series like »Twin Peaks« and »The X-Files«, also permeated with a subtle humor. The game mixes the German “Heimat” setting with a gripping sci-fi storyline, covering universal themes like love, friendship, loyalty, rootlessness, self-discovery and dinosaurs.

One of the most distinctive features of the game is it’s unique visual style: The whole scenery and all backdrops will be build as real miniature scale models, captured with a 3D scanner, digitally polished and then blended with animated characters, visual effects and set extensions.

My Take: Not sure if I'm feeling the VO atm but I am feeling the art style and setting.

Since Deques reminded me, YOU'RE IT

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
The Missing J.J Macfield and the Island of Memories.
Developer - White Owls. (SWERY!!!)
Store Page - The Missing J.J Macfield and the Island of Memories
Twitter - Swery65

"This game was made with the belief that nobody is wrong for being what they are."

The game tackles mature subject matters throughout and is not exactly a "fun" ride. It's a beautifully put together side scrolling puzzle platformerlite. You will mostly be solving puzzles to advance to the next area and to collect donuts. Donuts are this game's collectable and I believe the text messages you receive in the game are tied to them.

You play a woman named J.J who is out camping with her friend Emily. She goes missing. Find her. This game is incredibly story heavy/driven and I wish I could say more, but I don't want to do the game a disservice.. The puzzles are fun and fair, with one or two standouts that may leave you confused or stumped. The game has some of the most organic writing I have ever seen in a game, to the extent that it is almost uncomfortable, like I shouldn't be reading this person's phone, or taking such a deep dive into their life and relationships.

The game also tackles and handles LGBTQ issues, tastefully so. And by my merit the game houses the best LGBTQ character in all of gaming to me,

If you can, please support this game. :jj_mofo:

Plus it's where all these dope emojis came from.

:jj_bye:

lashman

New thread, and I don't know anyone else.

:jj_fool:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
New thread, and I don't know anyone else.
you don't have to know someone to tag them ;)

---

A Bewitching Revolution
Developer - Colestia
Store Page - Steam
Twitter - https://twitter.com/colestia3

A Bewitching Revolution is a first-person adventure game about a communist witch living in a cyberpunk city. Use magic to help the city's residents organise collective forms of power and resistance!

Cast spells and brew potions which remake the urban environment. Repopulate the city with trees, plants, and helpful animals. Use tarot readings to find the futures that capitalism has closed off. Strike, riot, and take back the city!

... and i'll just tag Mor again, 'cause he's been ignoring this thread since Thursday :disapproval-blob:

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
They Bleed Pixels
I was so excited to get this game. I followed its development some and just loved the look of it and the gameplay fits a style I enjoy. And then I got it and just despised it. It has the most frustrating controls in a game possibly ever. If I recall there's like eight different attacks all tied to a single button and it's different combinations of direction (or neutral) plus the button being tapped or held. There's no reason they couldn't have used at least two buttons to separate claws and kicks! And even there they could have separated it more with other buttons but using two buttons for attacks would have been reasonable. At least give an option for that!

Not saying others shouldn't try it but I went from super excited to absolutely hating it in such a short time. Steam shows 33 minutes so I attempted to get used to the controls but I simply couldn't.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
you don't have to know someone to tag them ;)

---

A Bewitching Revolution
Developer - Colestia
Store Page - Steam
Twitter - https://twitter.com/colestia3

... and i'll just tag Mor again, 'cause he's been ignoring this thread since Thursday :disapproval-blob:
Same composer as this game maybe? Style seems similar to me. Idk, it reminded me of it hearing it with these low fi graphics. It's great btw, Thief-like :)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I was so excited to get this game. I followed its development some and just loved the look of it and the gameplay fits a style I enjoy. And then I got it and just despised it. It has the most frustrating controls in a game possibly ever. If I recall there's like eight different attacks all tied to a single button and it's different combinations of direction (or neutral) plus the button being tapped or held. There's no reason they couldn't have used at least two buttons to separate claws and kicks! And even there they could have separated it more with other buttons but using two buttons for attacks would have been reasonable. At least give an option for that!

Not saying others shouldn't try it but I went from super excited to absolutely hating it in such a short time. Steam shows 33 minutes so I attempted to get used to the controls but I simply couldn't.
Maybe the game isn't for everyone. I really like the game, but I took a loooooong pause somewhere latter half of the game.

Mor!!! The thread cannot continue if you ignore this thread :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Welcome to Indie Games TAG March 2019!

Here are the rules:

If you are "tagged" (I.E. someone chooses you) you will be tasked with exploring past/present/future Indie Games. (if you made a game and want to share it - it's also allowed (AND ENCOURAGED)) For resources, you can either show-off an Indie game that you just really like or look below in the "EXPLORE INDIE GAMES" section to find some indie games that stand out. The Format is:

Name of GAME
Developer
store page/KS page/webpage link/Twitter Link/Etc...
Screenshots | Video | gifs

Try to find gifs or screenshots that encapsulate and distill the idea of the game (or just stuff that you personally find interesting) You need to post AT LEAST ONE game before you can tag someone else. There isn't any limit on games you can post within your turn. After you're done, IT'S YOUR JOB TO TAG THE NEXT PERSON.

HUNT.
THEM.
DOWN.

Ping them on Metacouncil. Ping them on Twitter. Ping them on Steam. Be relentless. When you are IT it's your damn job to go and tag someone else.

EXPLORE INDIE GAMES (Please check the following links)

Truberbrook - A Nerd Saves the World
Developer - btf
Store Page - https://store.steampowered.com/app/757300/Truberbrook__A_Nerd_Saves_the_World/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/BTFcologne

Gameplaywise, Truberbrook is a somewhat classic point-and-click adventure game.

Mood and atmosphere of the game are inspired by TV series like »Twin Peaks« and »The X-Files«, also permeated with a subtle humor. The game mixes the German “Heimat” setting with a gripping sci-fi storyline, covering universal themes like love, friendship, loyalty, rootlessness, self-discovery and dinosaurs.

One of the most distinctive features of the game is it’s unique visual style: The whole scenery and all backdrops will be build as real miniature scale models, captured with a 3D scanner, digitally polished and then blended with animated characters, visual effects and set extensions.

My Take: Not sure if I'm feeling the VO atm but I am feeling the art style and setting.

Since Deques reminded me, YOU'RE IT
I just watched the trailer for Truberbrook the animation and the art style mesh so well.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sorry about for being absent, I'm not going to lie to any of you, I don't know what game I should put and I'm going crazy, Tomorrow I will edit this post and make my apportion, once again, I'm sorry, I'm not ignoring you, no way :(

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Sorry about for being absent, I'm not going to lie to any of you, I don't know what game I should put and I'm going crazy, Tomorrow I will edit this post and make my apportion, once again, I'm sorry, I'm not ignoring you, no way :(
I didn't even respond and I was hunted down. Be afraid, Mor. This thread WILL claim you and take what it's owed. :sweaty-blob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
don't edit the post ... create a new one ... if you don't, the next person won't get the notification

Reactions: TheVectronic

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship

developer: Graverobber Foundation
steam store page: Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship
itch store page:Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship
twitter:Graverobber Foundation

Das Geisterschiff is a dungeon crawler with a really unique aesthetic and based on a sci-fi world where corporations are the rulers of the world, take your mecha and destroy the competence.

I'm not a big fan of Dungeon Crawlers but this one is really special, is so different to the others that it's worthy to check it out.

Ok, so.... next one is for Tizoc
(and sorry lashman Phawx Deques)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship

developer: Graverobber Foundation
steam store page: Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship
itch store page:Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship
twitter:Graverobber Foundation

Das Geisterschiff is a dungeon crawler with a really unique aesthetic and based on a sci-fi world where corporations are the rulers of the world, take your mecha and destroy the competence.

I'm not a big fan of Dungeon Crawlers but this one is really special, is so different to the others that it's worthy to check it out.

Ok, so.... next one is for Tizoc
(and sorry lashman Phawx Deques)
Yeesh, so any Indie game will do?

Super Dangerous Dungeons

Developed by
Adventure Islands
Twitter

Super Dangerous Dungeons is a simple 2D platformer wherein you clear through obstacles to reach the exit and continue onto the next stage. It's short and not very difficult and starts expanding on its platforming about halfway through the first world. It is worth the asking price IMO, and offers replayability through its time trial mode, or by being a good game to play relaxingly from time to time.
It'll be getting a new update soon that'll include ice based levels (joy!)

Next up is GhostTrick

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Das Geistershiff looks nice. I mean it has mechs so that alone puts it on my wishlist.

GhostTrick

Banned
Oct 20, 2018
Two indie releases I'm looking forward:
The first one is Knuckle Sandwich, which is basically like a Wario Ware RPG with a fuckin dark twist:

For real, try the demo on itch.io:

The next one is Blue Omen Operation, which is basically a Paper Mario like RPG with a 90s anime aesthetic and amazing animation/visuals:

Which also has a playable demo on itch.io:

Now for the next one... I summon Hektor :")