LTTP It's hard to get behind either company in Apple vs Epic, so let's agree that Silicon Knights should win.

morningbus

taskmaster
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone wish we'd Mandela Effect smash into the reality where Silicon Knights won their lawsuit with Epic?

[UWSL]On July 19, 2007, Silicon Knights sued [/UWSL]Epic Games[UWSL] for failure to "provide a working game engine", causing the Ontario-based game developer to "experience considerable losses."[/UWSL][12][UWSL] The suit alleged that Epic Games was "sabotaging" [/UWSL]Unreal Engine 3[UWSL] licensees. Epic's licensing document stated that a working version of the engine would be available within six months of the Xbox 360 developer kits being released. Silicon Knights claimed that Epic not only missed this deadline, but that when a working version of the engine was eventually released, the documentation was insufficient. The game studio also claimed Epic had withheld vital improvements to the game engine, claiming they were "game specific", while also using licensing fees to fund development of its own titles rather than the engine itself.[/UWSL][13]
The other timeline is playing Six Human and a Switch-exclusive Eternal Darkness remake.

Instead, Epic, backed by money from a giga-corporation, is suing Apple, a tera-corporation for it's inalienable right to steal dances from black people and sell them for full profit to children.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

"miss me yet?"

luckily the spirit of silicon knights and too human lives on through godfall 😆

Reactions: ISee

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
This brings me right back to Dyack's 1UP Yours rant and oh my have I not thought about that in a long time.

Reactions: warp_

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
But does this mean that Epic was always bad?

/mild shock
It seems to me Epics whole business history is about taking the (already successful) ideas of others and making their own product out of it. Their shareware model of the 90s? Copied from Apogee. Unreal and the Unreal engine? An attempt to better Quake and the Quake engine. Fortnite? Copy of PUBG. Epic Game Store? Bad copy of Steam, GOG, Origin, UPlay.

Reactions: Nabs and ISee

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I completely forgot about that tbh.
But does this mean that Epic was always bad?

/mild shock
well don't forget that the other part of this lawsuit was that SK had to make their own custom engine, which ended up just being a bunch of stolen UE3 code :LOL:

Reactions: ISee