Community ITT Talk about characters

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
OK MetaCouncil.
This is the thread where we talk about characters. Either a character you really like/dislike and want to gush about, or a character from a game you are currently play.
Talk how they are handled in the game and if they are a player character, how they play like.

Let's start :

Dante (from Devil May Cry series)

Carefree Persona in its truest form. Ever seen a character who gets impaled in the chest and still be casual about it. And a huge mastery over different weapons.
Plus as a playable character, he is pretty much like a fighting game character, because you need attain a level of mastery with all his weapons and 4 very different combat styles to play well.

Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)

There is usually a lot of talk of female characters feeling being believable, and I think Heather is one of the best examples in that.
She has to manage her emotional baggages of being a teenager, while also surviving the monsters of Silent Hill. Her character is evolved naturally as the game progresses and how this growth handled is something many characters from modern games fail to have.

Her gameplay is very glass cannon, she doesn't have much endurance, but she is very agile and makes enemies easier to avoid.

BT-7274 (Titanfall 2)

When the Titanfall 2 devs said they want make the robot character believeable so that we emphasize with them, I rolled my eyes a bit. Military and SciFi FPS don't have many recognizable characters, let alone empathetic ones.
I was so wrong, and I was glad about it.
Titanfall 2's campaign is amazing, and BT is half the reason. I won't spoil it, but towards the end, BT was cemented as one of the best characters in action games.
One of the best things about it was how fun he is to play when you control it. Each loadout has varying abilities that mix and matches varies playstyles and can be used against different enemies.

Reactions: lashman