Community Late Stage Disney | Renegade Cut

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Watched it when you posted the link in the Steam thread, out of boredom and not knowing what I was up for.
Not even 5 minutes in I began to WTF. And now I'm a little angry and down. Thanks !

No seriously, thanks. An interesting video essay that I would like to see discussed by competent people (aka not me).

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'd still enjoy Disney's output as there would be some fun or entertaining stuff they release, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't critique them on some shit.
The video offers various good points.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I'm wary of video essays because in general because if the speaker is half competent and has worked on his subject matter there is a good possibility he will be convincing in some ways. ie the lack of contrary pov can sometimes be an issue.

That being said the part about feminism is pretty damning. The nice millionaire trope can gently go die in a fire too.
I think that, as I'm not politically and economically well versed these days, I can't really comment on the main subject, but this thing spits fire at woke brands.

40% market share, Bezos being able to buy a home for every homeless americans and still be fucking rich... I think I'm still mad and down.

Reactions: xinek and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah it shouldn't be any surprise to anyone that the only reason any company does anything is for money, that means any apparent fight for social and other important issues also.

I remember the first time I fell for that shit, it was way way back, like over 20 years ago Shell had a commercial on at that time great Discovery channel about some environmentalist guy traveling the world trying find ways to protect the environment, showing how Shell cares. I legit was teared eyed because I believed it. And yeah... haha.

Never knew about the channel in the OP, been watching a bunch of it's videos, so thanks for the tip!:D

Reactions: lashman