News [Leak] Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to PC

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I hope this is true. I'd like to play these games someday, hopefully they are fun for someone who didn't play them back in the day.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I like that no disc included. More retail pc releasea should ditch disca and be some kind of cardboard art.

Also id be down for a battle.net relase~

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Iron Galaxy, I see.
The PC port is in great hands.
I mean, both Arkham Knight sure turned out to be the bestest PC ports on the planet, right?
And they are also made that great Lichdom Battlemage console port:

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Iron Galaxy, I see.
I mean, both Arkham Knight sure turned out to be the bestest PC ports on the planet, right?
Their most recent port Crash N Sane Trilogy was really well done. So were the Switch ports for Skyrim and Diablo 3.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Sweet, glad it's coming.

Some dude on Gaf was talking about a Playstation series remaster coming to EGS, so yeah...
PS2 game, not playstation series, it's going to be another thing probably.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Peeps forget that there were Spyro games on PS2...and Xbox and GC, as well as handhelds. Post PS1 era, Crash and Spyro weren't as popular as their earlier successes.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I don't see activision playing EGS games. More than likely it'd debut on battlenet and make its way to others later.
Problem with battle.net though is that...well why would those into WoW or their other online centric games, be interested in an offline adventure platformer experience?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Problem with battle.net though is that...well why would those into WoW or their other online centric games, be interested in an offline adventure platformer experience?
There are more genres of game on battlenet - rts, mmo, fps, arpg, whatever Destiny is. it is also a known quantity at this point thanks in large part to Blizzard. EGS has the built in audience of one game, in a single genre with little to no built in legacy of quality games attached to it. Not an equal comparison.

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Iron Galaxy, I see.
Irony Galaxy are a contract studio. They do what they're told, and there are often factors outside of their control such as inflexible release dates. All contract studios end up in scenarios from time to time where they're forced to make bad calls because the publisher demands things. A number of Sumo Digital employees on Glass Door have talked about this. If you wanna keep getting contracts, there's this balancing act between delivering quality products and telling the penny-pinching publisher what they want to hear. Warner Bros doesn't want to hear that Arkham Knight needs another 3 months. A lot of things get pushed into the "Will not fix" basket as a release date looms and even if you can get an extension it's not enough.

A lot of people historically assume that PC games getting pushed back a few weeks is some kind of DRM ploy or something like that, but more often than not it's developers trying to fix the game in a rapidly shrinking window.

Also, Lichdom Battlemage got fixed. It's probably one of the highest profile examples of a game that was a technical disaster on consoles at release but was patched into a very solid experience.

I don't know whether Iron Galaxy worked on the re-released version of Arkham Knight for PC, but that version is mostly fine. I was playing it recently. As some others have noted, Iron Galaxy mostly do solid work. You can see the stuff they've worked on here. Iron Galaxy - Wikipedia