Reviews Lego Dimensions

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Lego games have been generally my kids favorite games so I decided to buy this 'cause there was a damn fine deal on it but little did I know it would lead in to buying a whole bunch of characters to it. I'm reviewing it from my own perspective as the passenger and occasional helping hand.

The pack consists of 3 characters, a buildable "set piece" and Batmobile. The game uses these as the playable characters, puzzle pieces and by switching the characters out with purchaseable characters you can open up areas that you couldn't get in to beforehand. You can also "rent" the characters required for the special areas but they are expensive and there's a time limit for the use but this means that none of the secrets etc are behind a paywall which is a good thing.

You can upgrade the vehicles in game that prompts an in game tutorial as to how to build the upgraded vehicle. My kid doesn't know this so I don't know how it really works and if it does change the gameplay much but it's a rather cool feature.

The game starts out pretty simply and is pretty straight forward with the puzzles and fights but it really ramps up in difficulty later on having some puzzles in there that are quite difficult for my 7 year old requiring me to help him tho this wouldn't be an issue if there was some sort of localization done via subtitles or dubbing. Overall the gameplay is rather good and the puzzles do make sense.

Overall the game is enjoyable even tho some of the areas can be a bit scary for the tykes (Doctor Who and the stone angel statues was a scary bit for my 7 year old requiring me to complete the whole area) but that's not really an issue for everyone.

My son said that it's "Really really good and I'd like to play it all the time" so yeah it's addictive.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i'm still so INCREDIBLY salty WB skipped PC with that game (ESPECIALLY since it even has a fucking Portal level!!!) .... they could've, at the very least, released a "complete" version with everything unlocked once the game went bye-bye .... and yet - here we are, sigh :(

Reactions: Nahkapukki

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah .... even Disney could release a complete version of Infinite on PC when they axed everything .... better yet, they released all 3 of them on steam ....

fuck WB, seriously ...

Reactions: Nahkapukki

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i don't think so ... they don't seem to be all that keen on doing PC ports of their games anymore .... see how many of their latest games skipped PC entirely (mostly smaller games and "remasters" but that also counts)

SlasherJPC

MetaMember
Sep 25, 2018
I really liked this game but I'm over having to put stuff on a portal. I just wish these games had an option that at least once you had a figure it saved to your profile and then you could menu swap or something.

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
My kid loves that feature tho. I think us adults should give a leeway for the game when it comes to stuff like that. It's much more fun for the little ones to jam in their favorite characters to the platform like they were summoning pokemons.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I really liked this game but I'm over having to put stuff on a portal. I just wish these games had an option that at least once you had a figure it saved to your profile and then you could menu swap or something.

yeah, exactly ... all the more reason for them to release a "complete" version of it without any of that plastic bullcrap

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
yeah, exactly ... all the more reason for them to release a "complete" version of it without any of that plastic bullcrap
That plastic bullcrap is there for the kids. And frankly you don't need to buy extra ones since you can finish the game with what comes in the starter kit. I think that when the whole game is built around a premise of using the Lego pieces as an extra feature the game would be poorer without them. But yeah probably if I were playing the game I'd get annoyed about that too so I agree partly but I don't think that the game is aimed at us largiebois.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That plastic bullcrap is there for the kids. And frankly you don't need to buy extra ones since you can finish the game with what comes in the starter kit. I think that when the whole game is built around a premise of using the Lego pieces as an extra feature the game would be poorer without them. But yeah probably if I were playing the game I'd get annoyed about that too so I agree partly but I don't think that the game is aimed at us largiebois.

i'd play the fuck out of it ... if i could :( that's like the only TT LEGO game that's not on PC! ;(

OP
Nahkapukki

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
I'd do one for Siege but I can't be arsed to play it solo or fight so that I can get the teamspeak audio in to the stream. Shouldn't be hard I'm just too lazy and stupid.