News London Detective Mysteria has launched on PS Vita (PC via Steam TBD)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
London Detective Mysteria is now available on PS Vita: London Detective Mysteria

Eschew the frivolities of 19th century London’s high society and instead delve into the curiosities that lie hidden in London’s darkest corners in London Detective Mysteria. Playing as the heiress of House Whiteley, players will name their own Lady Whiteley as they investigate mysteries of London and interact with personalities inspired by famous fictional characters including Detective Holmes, Jack the Ripper, and more. Take full control over the experience by adjusting text speed or even the individual speaking volumes of individual characters and their original Japanese voices. Players must choose their words carefully as they interact with other characters, as decisions made throughout the story will not only affect special rewards but will also shape whether Lady Whiteley finds love or something more sinister in the shadows of 19th century London.

EDIT2:

REVIEWS

London Detective Mysteria officially marks XSEED Games’ foray into the otome VN territory. And, wouldn’t you know it, in true XSEED fashion, they’ve knocked it out of the park — so much so, that even someone like me had no trouble enjoying it! So, whether you’re already otome-crazy, looking to find your first-ever husbando, or just really like British culture in anime form, London Detective Mysteria is a very solid choice[...]
London Detective Mysteria Review (Vita) | Hey Poor Player

My feelings about London Detective Mysteria are as mixed as what the game tries to be. It’s not the best or the worst otome I’ve ever played, and most of the romance routes are rather sweet. Getting there, especially for completionists, is a beating and never feels fully worth it, but when you see the lovely couple finally come together, you can’t help but feel warm and squishy inside. With the Vita dying off, I want to say pick this one up now to support this poor handheld, but it’s better to wait for a sale[...]
London Detective Mysteria Review - Love is Murder (Vita)

EDIT:
London Detective Mysteria will be available digitally in North America on the PlayStation®Store for “PS Vita” system on December 18 for $29.99 and €29.99, with the PC version launching at a later date. More information can be found on the official website at: http://www.ladymysteria.com. The title is rated M for Mature on the “PS Vita” system by the ESRB, PEGI 16, and USK 12. The PC version is not rated by the ESRB.

source
London Detective Mysteria launches December 18 in the west - Gematsu
---

It's @hatsuu's last project before parting way with XSEED, so you can expect quality localisation as always. But if you're asking me if buying this increases the chance of XSEED getting Cold Steel III/IV localised, I don't know. :p

Send me to sunny London if old.

Last edited:

DriftedPlanet

Ash, I think something was in those sandwiches
Oct 27, 2018
London Detective Mysteria will launch for PS Vita via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam on December 18, publisher XSEED Games announced.

London Detective Mysteria launches December 18 in the west - Gematsu
---

It's @hatsuu's last project before parting way with XSEED, so you can expect quality localisation as always. But if you're asking me if buying this increases the chance of XSEED getting Cold Steel III/IV localised, I don't know. :p

Send me to sunny London if old.
Honestly, a visual novel that's also a detective game sounds worth a go. If it can be a style for rhythm games (kinda rhythym thief), and for point and click, why not for a visual novel? Sign me up to give it a fair shot :)

Reactions: lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Reminds me I must use my vita again, think I haven't taken it out in over a year. Great system with some very good games, just took a bit of a back seat.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Never played an Otome so I don't know if this is for me. Trainer's cool though.

OP
Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Never played an Otome so I don't know if this is for me. Trainer's cool though.
I have it on good authority that the localisation will be good. Brittany, the localisation editor worked on the Trails series in the past (it's practically her baby!) so you can be certain that it will be up to standard.

I don't plan to get the PS Vita version since I'm still waiting for the PC version myself. I'll be sure to add more reviews as it comes, though.