News Mafia II Remastered/Mafia II Trailer Comparison

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
Thanks to the Xbox Store leak, we have the trailer for Mafia 2 Remastered.

Someone posted the trailer alongside the original version.

They're basically the same trailer, but with updated footage and some different shot selections in places. The visual upgrades are interesting. Glass bottles looking like glass is the most noticeable thing. But across the entire game there seem to be nips and tucks. Updated models, updated textures, more modern lighting. It's not in the same league as the Mafia 1 Remake, but it looks nice. There's also quite a lot of particle effects and chunks when walls are shot, so I wonder if they've recreated the PhysX PC exclusive physics from the OG version for the remaster.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Not that the original version was a graphical showcase but I'm going to need to see more than the changes the trailer show to justify grabbing the remaster. But it's early and they might put out more to whoa me

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Not that the original version was a graphical showcase but I'm going to need to see more than the changes the trailer show to justify grabbing the remaster. But it's early and they might put out more to whoa me
well if you already own Mafia II on steam it's gonna be a free update ;)

Reactions: Hawk and Ge0force

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I remember Mafia II as one of those games that eventually made me upgrade my GPU to a GTX 470. Great Physx showcase as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then I change 'buy' to 'replay', but that is a nice move by 2K. Now I just need to actually buy and play 3.
you should, it's really good (as long as you avoid all the open-world bullshit as much as possible [some of it is required for story progress])

Reactions: Shahem