9. Dishonored 2
10. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
Got my votes in:

GOTY:
Disco Elysium
I don't buy many games at launch nowadays, but as soon as I read about this game, I knew it would be one I would enjoy. Disco Elysium is a triumph in terms of writing and storytelling in video games. At times, the game had me laughing at its witty and sometimes dark humor. Other times, I was deeply engrossed in one of the many optional but deep conversations. Normally, a game would need a combat system to keep me engaged, but this game’s plot and characters kept me enthralled until the end. This game deserves all the praise it has received and I hope the developers continue to create more fantastic narratives such as this.

GOTD:
10. Cuphead
9. Dark Souls Remastered
8. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
7. Undertale
6. Hollow Knight
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. Disco Elysium
3. Nier Automata
2. La-Mulana
1. Divinity Original Sin 2
For about 6 years, Xenoblade Chronicles sat at the top of my list of favorite RPGs and I had doubts that another game could top it. Then, came along Divinity Original Sin 2 to take that spot with its amazing combat, visuals, music, and role-playing elements. All of these qualities combined to make the best RPG experience I have ever played. It took me 177 hours to complete my first playthrough of the game and I loved almost every minute of it. I can’t think of another developer that is better suited to create Baldur’s Gate 3 than Larian Studios, and I will preparing myself by playing the previous 2 games as well as the rest of the Divinity games.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
omg, I just realized the only 2019 games I beat in 2019 were a mid-tier VN that I didn't even like that much. (Sabbat of the Witch), Dead or Alive 6 (which was a massive disappointment), and Ace Combat 7. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Gosh, 2019 was a really bad year for me. Not really the games fault, there was a lot I wanted to play, and a lot that I bought... but life just keeps getting in the way.

Well GOTD will be smoother at least. Gonna do my form now.
=============

And voted!

Wasn't sure how to put Nonary Games? I wanted to vote for VLR, but it's only sold in this bundle on PC... And we were supposed to copy-paste the names from store page so... o_O

Skyrim has a lot of issues, but it entertained me for hundreds of hours. Can't ignore that. Only the Special Edition exists now on Steam, but I left that off... since the one in my library is the original.

Last edited:

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Finally sent my ballot. GOTY picks are very boring since I only played two games of this year, so I'll rather share my GOTD picks.
The lack of other high-quality titles is more a sign of negligence of gaming on my part rather than opposition.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread or react to this post in order to see this content.

Kandrick

Jun 10, 2019
Switzerland
Submitted my list. Removed a game and added another before sending it.

GOTY 2019 :

1: Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
2: CODE VEIN
3: Red Dead Redemption 2
4: Metro Exodus
5: A Plague Tale: Innocence

As for the Decade list, i had a hard time coming up with a list, i barely remember half the games i played, and some of them would be Nintendo games like Xenoblade 1 and 2.

I think i went with the Witcher 3, FFXIV, Nier automata, Dark Souls, and i already forgot the others :cuteblob:

Also i think i used the Dark Souls remastered name since that's what Steam came up with, but i see the original Prepare To Die edition is still listed but you can't buy it anymore, oh well.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I finally submitted my lists... I'm not really happy with them since I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting games or that my votes are heavily skewed towards more recent releases... I'm not entirely convinced I should've put Supraland above Obduction or The Witness, but that's how I feel -today-...

Supraland
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
LiS2
Dicey Dungeons

Supraland
Obduction
Doom
The Witness
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Stardew Valley
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Hollow Knight
Endless Legend

Ongoing game of the year: Hitman 2
Early access: -
VR: -
Turd of the year: Sonic Team Racing (such a disappointment after my favorite karting game ever... i.e., Sonic Racing Transformed).

Had we been allowed to vote for non-PC games, I'd have put Super Mario Odyssey as GOTD (which finally took the spot from Super Mario World as my favorite Mario game ever).

Reactions: lashman and Nabs
OP
Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
If you want the form, do not wait until the last minute!

I won't stay awake till the very end of the deadline, so I will check the time at which you sent the PM, and get back to you to gather your votes tomorrow morning if you are really late!

Reactions: lashman
OP
Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Final reminder:

Don't forget to vote for the Game of the Year/Game of the Decade! Drop me a PM for the voting form. Voting closes soon!

If you send the PM before the deadline, then I will get back to you in a few hours, do not worry.

OP
Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The results for the GOTY are available here:

I will post the results for the GOTD later.

Status
Not open for further replies.