Community MetaRunning Club - Gotta go fast

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
One day I'll add graphics to my threads I swear.

Hello everyone!

Recently I've picked up walking and running as a hobby so I can remain active and not let my muscles rot, and I thought it would be nice if we had a space to share our runs, walks, or whatever cardio activity you do. You can also talk about running gear and all related topics to make your runs more comfortable or fun.

You don't have to post personal data, the maps of where you run and all that stuff if you're not comfortable with it.

I've been doing the C25K program and it works wonders for me. C25K is a running program designed to gradually increase your stamina for running by dividing it on 3 workouts a week.

Sunday 5th splits (2.83 km):

Km 1: 13'11"
Km 2: 13'24"
Km 3: 15'36"

Monday 6th splits (3.56 km):
Km 1: 13'58"
Km 2: 14'05"
Km 3: 13'59"
Km 4: 14'17"

Measured with an Apple Watch Series 7
The running shoes I use are Asics Kayano 28.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Nice! One day I will start running again :D Right now the life with toddler/preschooler takes its toll.

So far I have finished 2 full marathons (Stockholm and Seattle Rock 'n' Roll) and multiple ½ marathons.

Great hobby overall (and cheap).

Reactions: NarohDethan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Nice! One day I will start running again :D Right now the life with toddler/preschooler takes its toll.

So far I have finished 2 full marathons (Stockholm and Seattle Rock 'n' Roll) and multiple ½ marathons.

Great hobby overall (and cheap).
Oh man running a marathon is an ambition I have. But I think running 5 minutes straight without wishing to die should be a good first step haha

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I actually started running casually again almost two months ago, but two weeks ago, due to running at night when it was chilly and windy, I got really sick. I'm a lot better now, but I want to take it slowly. Today will be my first day in two weeks to go out for the walk. I will still hold out on running until next week when I'm confident that I'm healthy again.

As for running itself, I'm a total casual, I don't have a great condition. When I started running this year, I could barely run 4 km with multiple breaks in the middle. Right before I got sick I could run for about 5 km with a single short break.

For the equipment, I use:
  • Nike running shoes ( I don't know which model exactly :upside-down-face: ) - those are a must-have, now I even use them when I go for a simple walk. Last year I did not invest in good shoes and that escalated into a painful strain in the ankle that put me out of running for the rest of the year.
  • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 - for data collecting
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ - Super comfortable, they connect seamlessly to my Watch which has Spotify installed, so I don't have to take a phone with me on my runs.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I actually started running casually again almost two months ago, but two weeks ago, due to running at night when it was chilly and windy, I got really sick. I'm a lot better now, but I want to take it slowly. Today will be my first day in two weeks to go out for the walk. I will still hold out on running until next week when I'm confident that I'm healthy again.

As for running itself, I'm a total casual, I don't have a great condition. When I started running this year, I could barely run 4 km with multiple breaks in the middle. Right before I got sick I could run for about 5 km with a single short break.

For the equipment, I use:
  • Nike running shoes ( I don't know which model exactly :upside-down-face: ) - those are a must-have, now I even use them when I go for a simple walk. Last year I did not invest in good shoes and that escalated into a painful strain in the ankle that put me out of running for the rest of the year.
  • Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 - for data collecting
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ - Super comfortable, they connect seamlessly to my Watch which has Spotify installed, so I don't have to take a phone with me on my runs.
PossiblyPudding recommended me Saucony shoes, and I just discovered a store that sells them. It's crazy how game changing those things can be. Right now I have the Asics Kayano but will giving a pair of Saucony Guide a try. I use Balega socks as well because regular socks are murder on my feet.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
June 7th Splits (C25K training day - 3.52km)

Km 1 - 12'19"
Km 2 - 17'10" -- legs burned like hell here
Km 3- 12'46"
Km 4 - 15'20"

Reactions: MomoVideo
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
June 9th splits (walking day)

Km 1 - 13'24"
Km 2 - 13'41"
Km 3 - 13'27"
Km 4 - 13'40"

My legs aren't sore today so I'll take that as good progress :D

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
June 10th splits (C25K day) - 3.74 KM

Km 1 - 10'41"
Km 2 - 15'06"
Km 3 - 10'53"
Km 4 - 14'59"

My legs aren't that sore today as well. I started using Under Armor socks and I like them quite a lot!

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I've been running here and there but sometimes waking up at the time I need to is a struggle!

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I have been thinking about waking up earlier before work to do some running, but I am one of those people who prefer to stay late at night and wake up at like 9 or 10 am. I don't want to be a prisoner of my workout routine so I decided that I should create a schedule that's adjusted to me, not the other way around. I do my strength workout at 4-5 PM, depending on when I finish my work, and go for a run after 10 PM.