Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Nothing in the sale for me, although I am sure there is stuff I want but will just go on the backlog. Although I am tempted with Sandland, still a big fan of Toriyama and it does look like the sort of game I would enjoy.

Reactions: Cacher

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I'm all for using the very underused parts of Earth's cultural history, but there's an angle that's both "it won't sell because are not familiar", that is also way too similar to the "no minorities, they should just make their own games and not dilute the racial purity of our games" argument from chuds.

And things are changing, we got just that this year in PoP: The lost crown and Tales of Kenzera: ZAU... and they were published by Ubisoft and EA, not exactly indies.
I would argue that many stories told in games could be translated to other regions and cultures because they are kinda universal. Story of revenge, MC going from 0 to hero... So things would be for the most part be the same we would just get something different that would shine light on underused cultures and regions. One of the audio books that i listened last year was Red Monk of Roha (Ethiopia) and at it's core story could be translated to for example Japanese one or hell European middle age setting. But all other things make that book interesting and get you more familiar with that region history and culture. So i truly believe that it could work but devs publishers just need to get courage and make it.

And while we are a the books i finished Metro 2034 and for the first time in a long time i can say that i love games more than books that are base for the games. Metro 2033 is somewhat ok, but 2034 is in my opinion kinda bad. I really didn't like it.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
And things are changing, we got just that this year in PoP: The lost crown and Tales of Kenzera: ZAU... and they were published by Ubisoft and EA, not exactly indies.
This is something I think Ubisoft in particular deserves credit for. Their Assassins Creeds games, I think, have always been good at letting these countries and cultures shine through, or at least more than most other games do.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
This is something I think Ubisoft in particular deserves credit for. Their Assassins Creeds games, I think, have always been good at letting these countries and cultures shine through, or at least more than most other games do.
Issue with Ubisoft is that their writing sucks for the most part.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I didn't quite "purge" my wishlist but I think during the last chrismas sale I removed 200+ games from it.

Basically, if something was on sale for a substantial discount and I still wasn't interested, I thought about whether I would even play it any time soon (for a pretty big value of "soon", like "this decade") if I got it for free, and if the answer was "no" I removed it.

That said, 3 days ago while browsing the golden week event I added 10 games to the list, so I'm clearly not fully reformed.
I'm way overdue for something like that. Almost 550 games on there and so many of them that initially made me go "hey that looks neat" but that if I haven't bought them by now I never will. I'm sure a good chunk of them I'll have no memory of whatsoever lol.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I nuked, checks note... 162 games from my wishlist. Only 54 left.
Need to sleep on it to gauge how I feel about this. OCD is obviously into overdrive, but it's not like the games disappeared from the face of the earth.

Pretty cool, though.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'm way overdue for something like that. Almost 550 games on there and so many of them that initially made me go "hey that looks neat" but that if I haven't bought them by now I never will. I'm sure a good chunk of them I'll have no memory of whatsoever lol.
Yeah, it was the same situation for me. Some I didn't remember at all, and for many I still thought "hey that looks neat but I'm never realistically going to play it".

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Alright Fallout friends, here we go.

A mod that automates the process of downgrading to the previous version.

A mod that tricks steam into thinking you're on the latest patch.

Gonna give these a test later.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
I want to play NMH 2 and 3 but I ain't biting at that price. Waiting for them to turn up on a bundle, hopefully.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Can confirm this is working with Script Extender. I did the manual method since I wasn't sure about handing over my Steam login credentials. But it's an open-source mod, so someone with more time can verify it's safety. The manual methods posted on the modpages do work just fine. :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: thekeats1999

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019

God I love modders.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

“When we started to work on the very first Life Is Strange a long time ago, we had no publishers,” Koch said. “We didn’t know exactly where we would sell the game or…if we would even sell it. [...] At this time, we were in need of publishing, and Square was interested in buying the games; they bought the rights for it, and they bought the franchise. [...] But since they bought the franchise, our hands were tied. We couldn’t really work as we wanted on what paths the character should go, what kind of game we could make, and how we would like to make the franchise evolve.”
“We’re trying to create another core story, universe, and world-building that we will discover first in Lost Records: Bloom & Rage that we can extend on later,” Koch said. “So it’s definitely slightly different. We’re also wanting to—maybe not completely at first in this first game—but also explore some slight different genres or mechanics that might slightly bend away from what exactly a narrative adventure game like Life Is Strange, Tell Me Why, Twin Mirror or even the Telltale Games would be.”
I can't wait!

Last edited:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Is NFT games still banned on Steam?

Because Stone Blade Entertainment announced that they are adding Web3 features to Solforge Fusion in June:

LAS VEGAS, April 29, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading strategy game publisher and developer Stone Blade Entertainment is breaking new ground with its flagship game, SolForge Fusion, with a launch into Web3. SolForge Fusion was created by legendary designers Richard Garfield (Magic: The Gathering) and Justin Gary (Ascension Deckbuilding Game). This latest addition to SolForge Fusion, recently released into Steam Early Access, will allow players to mint their algorithmically generated decks into tradeable digital assets and earn more through rare unlocks, accessible via SolForgeFusion.com.

Stone Blade Entertainment is working with leaders in Web3 to launch this brand. Investors and advisors include Animoca Brands, Solana Foundation, and MatrixPort. These companies fully support the vision of transforming SolForge Fusion into a truly community-owned gaming experience.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Started the lastest Jedi game on EA Play:

• at least 2 minutes of shader compilation EVERY time I start the game
  • startup movies stuttering at 12fps
  • 3 crashes to desktop in 60 minutes
  • resolution suddenly changed back to 1080p
  • framerate goes up and down between 21 and 88fps. Ended up locking it to 60fps with RTSS.

What the hell respawn?