Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Ghostwire: Tokyo

Face the unknown, uncover the truth and save the city

Tokyo is overrun by deadly supernatural forces, perpetrated by a dangerous occultist, causing Tokyo’s population to vanish in an instant. Ally with a powerful spectral entity on their quest for vengeance and master a powerful arsenal of abilities to unravel the dark truth behind the disappearance as you FACE THE UNKNOWN in Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Death Stranding: Director's Cut

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes a genre-defying experience, now expanded in this definitive DIRECTOR’S CUT.

In the future, a mysterious event known as the Death Stranding has opened a doorway between the living and the dead, leading to grotesque creatures from the afterlife roaming the fallen world marred by a desolate society.

As Sam Bridges, your mission is to deliver hope to humanity by connecting the last survivors of a decimated America.

Can you reunite the shattered world, one step at a time?

Tunic

Explore a land filled with lost legends, ancient powers, and ferocious monsters in TUNIC, an isometric action game about a small fox on a big adventure. Stranded on a mysterious beach, armed with only your own curiosity, you will confront colossal beasts, collect strange and powerful items, and unravel long-lost secrets.

Keep your wits about you and be brave, little fox!

Anno: Mutationem

Welcome to the neon-covered, 2D-meets-3D Cyberpunk world of ANNO: Mutationem. In this Action-Adventure game with RPG elements you become Ann: a highly-skilled combat-trained lone wolf on a personal mission in the giant Metropolis, full of sinister mega-corporations, mysterious fringe groups and creatures more bizarre than words can express.

Shadow Warrior 3

Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon's egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to hold off the impending cataclysm.

Babylon's Fall

After the Babylonians perished, only their great tower “The Ziggurat” remained. Now a new empire has come to pillage its ruins and uncover its fabled treasures. Join forces with other Sentinels, unwilling subjects forcibly implanted with Gideon Coffin, relics that grant the few survivors unrivalled powers.

Ascend to greatness as you climb the looming Tower of Babel and uncover its fabled treasures. Only by mastering the powers of your Gideon Coffin, will you unlock your true potential and become strong enough to survive the summit and uncover the secrets that await.

Hey, look, there was an attempt, ok?

Have a Nice Death (EA)

Discover and explore the darkly-charming, procedurally-generated departments of Death Inc., where you’ll meet a diverse cast of memorable characters—like your affable pumpkin-headed assistant, Pump Quinn—who are always willing to share the latest office gossip.

Since Death can’t die, use what you’ve learned and earned to overcome the numerous minions and bosses in each department of Death Incorporated... over and over. A performance review after every run guarantees that you’ll unlock interesting items and upgrades that will help you progress on your journey.

FAR: Changing Tides

An atmospheric vehicle adventure that follows the emotional journey of a boy and his ship as he embarks on a voyage to find a new home. Sail stormy waters, dive unknown depths, and explore forgotten ruins in a beautifully realised, flooded world.

Expanding on the desolate setting seen in FAR: Lone Sails, Changing Tides swaps sun scorched, dusty planes for stormy skies and high seas. With new environments, puzzles and ship mechanics, the world of FAR: Changing Tides brings an exciting experience to fans of this beloved series and new players alike with a bigger, deeper challenge.

Little Orpheus

The year is 1962 and NASA are trying to put a man on the moon. In a remote corner of Siberia, a Soviet cosmonaut is heading in the other direction. Comrade Ivan Ivanovich is dropped into an extinct volcano in his exploration capsule, Little Orpheus, to explore the center of the earth. He promptly vanishes.

Three years later he emerges claiming to have saved the world. He has also lost the atomic bomb powering the Little Orpheus. He is taken to a top-secret bunker deep below the Ural mountains to be debriefed by the fearsome General Yurkovoi, a man so frightening even Stalin won’t buy him a drink. The General rolls up his sleeves, fixes Ivan with a steely glare and say “So... where have you been comrade? And where is my bomb?” And Ivan looks him right back in the eye and says “Well General, you might not believe what happened to me, but I’ll do my best. Because it happened like this...”

Syberia: The World Before

Vaghen, 1937: Dana Roze is a 17-year-old girl, who is beginning a brilliant career as a pianist. However, shadows begin to appear over her future as the fascist threat of the Brown Shadow hangs over Europe, at the dawn of the Second World War.

Taiga, 2004: Kate Walker survives as best she can in the salt mine where she has been imprisoned, when a tragic event propels her into a new adventure in search of her identity.

Set off on an adventure across continents and through time. Play as both Kate Walker and Dana Roze as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.

Common'hood

Common’hood is a community building and economy management game with highly customizable base building tools. Scavenge for materials, build a home, grow your own food, research new technology, craft new tools, build a new family. Form your community and take it from surviving to thriving!

Scavenge the abandoned factory, full of resources, history, memories, and failed intentions. Each corner tells you a little bit more of why this place ended up in ruins.

This one is for you lashman, enjoy, my friend.

Elex II

ELEX II is the sequel to ELEX, the vintage open-world role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic and Risen series, Piranha Bytes. ELEX II returns to the post-apocalyptic Science Fantasy world of Magalan – with massive environments that can be explored with unrivaled freedom via jetpack, you will be able to move through the epic story any way you want.

Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax has to go on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders and find his own son, Dex, who got separated from him …

Dive into a huge, hand-crafted, completely unique world with multiple factions and diverse environments set in a post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe.

Starship Troopers - Terran Command

The population of the harsh desert planet Kwalasha needs our help. Their daily lives of hard work in the mining industries has been disturbed by a new danger that they cannot face alone: the Arachnid.The Mobile Infantry will swiftly move in, take back control over the planet and smash everything that has more than two legs. Take part of this exciting military campaign, meet unique characters, see amazing locations and experience the heroic war against the Bug - all presented live on FED NET!

Starship Troopers - Terran Command is a thrilling real-time strategy game set in the Starship Troopers movies universe. Take command of the Mobile Infantry and do your part in the war against the Arachnid threat. Build, develop and control your armies to strike an effective balance between tactical superiority and strength in numbers. Ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates the galaxy now and always!

Weird West

Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures. Journey through the story of a group of atypical heroes, written into legend by the decisions you make in an unforgiving land. Each journey is unique and tailored to the actions taken - a series of high stakes adventures where everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make. Form a posse or venture forth alone into an otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own.

Weird West: Dark Fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures, each playing with their own rules and their own peculiar motives.

Submerged: Hidden Depths

A drowned city, crumbling tips of skyscrapers stubbornly standing above the waves. Deserted villages, now inhabited by enigmatic creatures. And beneath the surging ocean waits an anguished, angry presence.

Submerged: Hidden Depths is a non-combat third-person “relaxploration” adventure, set in the sunken ruins of a beautiful world. Take on the role of Miku and Taku – one cursed with a mysterious power that she wants to use for good, the other determined not to let it tear them apart.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

The stakes are Ultimate, the tension is Maximum, the fight is… the ULTIMAX!
Experience the latest entry into the beloved Persona 4 series with a thrilling fighting twist.
Join the heroes as they combat an army of Shadows in the P-1 CLIMAX!

I mean, it could have been Persona 5 Royal but who could say no to a Persona spin-off (it's canonical even)

Chrono Trigger

The timeless RPG classic returns loaded with upgrades! Journey to the forgotten past, to the far future, and to the end of time. A big adventure to save the planet, now begins…

CHRONO TRIGGER is the timeless role-playing classic developed by the ‘Dream Team’ of DRAGON QUEST creator Yuji Horii, Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, and the creators of FINAL FANTASY. As the story unfolds, embark on a journey to different eras: the present, the middle ages, the future, prehistory, and ancient times! Whether you're a first-time player or a longtime fan, this epic quest to save a planet's future promises hours of enthralling adventure!

Elden Ring

Get the achievement:
Shardbearer Godrick

Kill Shardbearer Godrick.

People who have completed the challenge:

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Home again now during winter vacation, didn't take my dekstop with me, so no Elden Ring for a few days, but I have my laptop with me to play some indies, First finished is Before Your Eyes (gonna write in the review thread), it was really great.

But damn, did my laptop just make me want a Steam Deck. It's such a perfect device for me, so I hope it arrives in Norway this year. With almost 4500 games I really just play on PC these days and when it comes to travelling, I have my laptop and Switch with me, but I dislike the ecosystem and prices on the Swith to only use it for exclusives.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Another great thread... thank you very, very much Mor

But... f******ck..... after managing to avoid most of hype "traps" for this past month (not a fan of Souls games and have no way to get a deck)... I'm now looking at about 3 games I really want to play in the releases for March

And that's after promising myself that would stick to my backlog for a while because I had to buy a car in this terrible market.

Of course I could be sensible and not buy any of them, but where is the fun in that? :p

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

Elden Ring

Get the achievement:
Shardbearer Godrick

Kill Shardbearer Godrick.

Took down my second Shardbearer earlier. This game is absolutely incredible. It's honestly hard to overstate how much of a gigantic step up this is from all their previous games. Going back to the Dark Souls games after playing this is gonna be tough lol.

I still want that Bloodborne port, though.....

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Thank you for the thread Mor!

This month is my birthday and April is our daughter's first birthday 🤯 Crazy how much time has past and how fast/slow it goes at times.

Super excited for the Steam Deck, I am Q2 (I think I was around ~30K in queue before they closed the ability to view). I think I will be around April/May unless production ramps and/or folks start to cancel. The Steam Deck will be my birthday present :evilblob:

Today was definitely not a good day for unsupported titles, it looks like mostly titles that could be fixed with some tweaks, but it makes sense that does jive with the testing process and trying to ensure folks have to do no outside tweaking.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Ghostwire Tokyo

Imagine Naruto but not as embarrassing and actual enjoyable

People on the internet talking like Naruto is watchable and enjoyable IM BEING GASLIT

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Thread, thread, thread!

This month should be when Kingdom Hearts hits Steam... Been waiting for this moment my whole life.
It launched on EGS on March 30 last year, so I wouldn’t expect the Steam launch until April; tends to be just a bit over a year, afaik. Announcement is likely in March, at least

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Wait, there is another starship troopers game?

EA re-releasing Alice Madness Returns is hella sus
Source? Will it come with the original again and be on Steam/etc?
I see that is indeed coming back - guess my wife will begetting a steam gift soo, she loves it. Hopefully it comes with original still

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.